Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Absolute

Ahead of Valencia? No way.

He's not even a winger anyway.
Well, I don't think there's the slightest chance we'll get him for Valencia's wages. And we're apparently still in the hunt. And we're prepared to pay £30M for him. So I'd say Fergie thinks he's better than Valencia.

Edmeiste

Even if we do sign one or two big-name signings (and I wouldn't rate Kagawa as any more exciting/talented/expensive a player than Valencia was) I reckon it's highly likely we'll take another punt on an Obertan-type player. So chances are the profile of our signings will be much the same.

I wouldn't even be too surprised if Owen is replaced by a similarly experienced player on a free. The rationale for signing him was so as not to block the development of talented young strikers already at the club - a logic which is just as relevant today as it was then (now that Will Keane is progressing so well)
interesting

Commadus

So no midfielder. Another winger.

Makes no sense. Seems like another Berbatov if we win a pyhrric victory.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not sure why are people are asking if we need him or not?
We didn't need Rooney, We didn't need Jones. This guy is a too good to miss talent for me.

Edmeiste

I think people are over-hyping Kagawa way too much too, he's not a massive name signing by any stretch.

Hazard is big name signing but hardly like a David Silva or Sergio Aguero.

I'd stick Kagawa in the Valencia/Young bracket.
That's a damn shame. Kagawa isn't necessarily a big name signing but he's not in that bracket either.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Why's it so hard to understand that Fergie might change the formation and play Hazard in behind the striker in a free role if he's no conventional winger? Nani and Valencia on the flanks with Rooney up top, likewise if it's Kagawa we are after. If we have the players for it then why not.

Commadus

Not sure why are people are asking if we need him or not?
We didn't need Rooney, We didn't need Jones. This guy is a too good to miss talent for me.
I think we needed Rooney but thats besides the point.

How high do you rate Hazard?

Compared to say Goetze / Neymar?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Anything more on the skysports tv report?
I've been watching it since 1. All it is is a 10-15 second story that is repeated once each hour. And just repeats what kennyred91 pmed KM.

And the understanding will just be from their largish story yesterday which said "Sky Sources understand...". Darren Can on twitter said that Dharmesh Sheth (United fan who works for SSN) spoke to the Lille president off camera and that is probably where the source is from.

I'm always right

Did japan know who ashley young was? doubt it.

Did England / germany / japan know who Kagawa was? probably.
England? bollox, none of my mates who aren't internet forum geeks had ever heard of him. As I said, I'd wager 90% of football fans in the UK had never heard of Kagawa until a few weeks ago when he started getting linked.

Ashley Young was of course known in Japan, they love Premiership football. Everyone in Scandiavia knew of him too, and most of the football fans in the US & Australia.

Cina

What is the point in shovel out £30M for a third choice winger? What role is he playing at Lille then?
I've been over this a lot. Lille play a different formation to us, yes he plays on the left but he does it in the same way that Silva plays on the left. His natural position is definitely as an attacking midfielder and that's where he'll be best utilized eventually. He's only 21 so even with a big transfer fee he shouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot, and Valencia and Nani are both so good on either wing that I wouldn't see the point in making him first choice ahead of either of them in a 4-4-2. If we go 4-3-3 I can see Fergie using him on the left in games, but I think he'd primarily be in the middle behind Rooney.

KM

Re Rooney: Didn't Fergie said that Newcastle's interest forced our hand on him.

Anyway impossible to say because I haven't watched Neymar at all(don't get Brazilian league). Goetze is also two years younger than him but I think Hazard's ceiling of potential is higher than that of Goetze. All this potential stuff is impossible to determine, but that's just my gut feeling.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol:

So people ion Japan don't watch the Premier League, but most English people could name Borussia Dortmund's starting XI, right?
It works both ways.

How can you say ashley young is more known than kagawa? there is literally no way you can know that.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

I really think Hazard is a once in a decade talent. He has potential to be one of the best players in the world.

Also contrary to everyone I think we DO need him. He's a different type of player to all our other wingers. Our attacking play is a bit too predictable. All about crossing the ball. Well, Hazard is more of a playmaker like Silva. A player we don't have. He can also get double figures in terms of goals from the wing. Which we also lack.

Id be really annoyed if City/Chelsea get him. I really think he's that good.

Cina

I think Goetze is the more talented, shame he's signed a big new contract.

Stretch

Did japan know who ashley young was? doubt it.

Did England / germany / japan know who Kagawa was? probably.
If you follow the EPL you would know Young. I live in SA and Young is pretty well known. Bundesliga has only recently starting showing on our tellies here but it is not as well known as EPL. An ignorant Chelsea fan asked me the other day who Kagawa was (he genuinely didn't know) and a United fan asked me what Kagawa is like in terms of playing. He didn't even know the Bundesliga games are now live on our local pay tv.

Just to give context.

KM

Why is a discussion regarding Young and Kagawa's popularity taking in the Hazard thread?

Actually why the hell there is a discussion regarding Kagawa and Young's popularity?

I'm always right

Why is a discussion regarding Young and Kagawa's popularity taking in the Hazard thread?

Actually why the hell there is a discussion regarding Kagawa and Young's popularity?
Simples really. A poster thought we'd never sign 2 BIG names like Hazard and Kagawa in one summer. I don't believe Kagawa is a BIG name at all.

Stretch

Because Eden's a wanker, he's making us wait and he's taking too long to make up his mind. Since he's a media whore, we're going to derail his thread. Only fair I'd say...

white text

Siorac

Simples really. A poster thought we'd never sign 2 BIG names like Hazard and Kagawa in one summer. I don't believe Kagawa is a BIG name at all.
Getting a key player of a title winning Borussia Dortmund is a bigger signing than getting the key player of Wigan or Aston Villa.

KM

Getting a key player of a title winning Borussia Dortmund is a bigger signing than getting the key player of Wigan or Aston Villa.
They're not talking about better player, they're talking about bigger name i.e more known. Young is a bigger name than Kagawa even before he joined us because he was playing in the PL and did well for England.

Anyway back to Hazard.

I'm always right

You seriously do post some garbage just to get into a debate.

If by "bigger" signing you mean, better, then fine, I have no intention of arguing that.

If you seriously think Kagawa is a big name signing, and a bigger name than Ashley Young, you're deluded.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I hope we get Hazard and move to a 4-2-3-1 formation. Play Hazard, Nani & Young/Valencia behind Rooney and give them all the freedom to roam about and interchange positions like Tevez, Rooney & Ronnie used to do.

If we manage to get Hazard & a defensive midfielder it would be the perfect summer IMO.

Dion

on current form there is no way Nani is ahead of the beast
Valencia's form took a dip towards the end of the season and Nani is just recovering for an injury, the jury is still very much out.

Status
Not open for further replies.