Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

What gives me encouragement is the bit that 3 offers and terms have been accepted, which should mean that it's not about money anymore. Therefore, with SAF and our history we should be the frontrunners.

Cock is slowly getting hard.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It is getting a bit interesting. The "Skysports understands..." bit earlier today, followed by journos from the Beeb and various French rags saying the same thing. The papers in France appear to be rehashing a Mirror story. The tweets from the Beeb journo and Skysports bit may be from the same source as well.
First Top dipping his toe in and now Raoul. This muppetry is truely contagious.

MDFC Manager

What gives me encouragement is the bit that 3 offers and terms have been accepted, which should mean that it's not about money anymore. Therefore, with SAF and our history we should be the frontrunners.

I wouldnt say so...it could yet be all about the money...wages, more specifically.

MDFC Manager

But was it not reported that the terms with the player have also been accepted?
With all 3 clubs? If that's true, thats a bit ridiculous imo. I cant see much good in a person being involved in such a deal.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With all 3 clubs? If that's true, thats a bit ridiculous imo. I cant see much good in a person being involved in such a deal.
Why? It's very fair. He's agreed terms with all three clubs and let them know their offer was sufficient. Then he takes a week or two to make up his mind and decide. Very reasonable.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia

But if that was the case then Chelsea winning the Champions League should have made no difference. Hazard obviously had an offer on the table before Chelsea won, but didn't consider them as highly up until that point. When they lifted the trophy he now has an option that pays the most and the team are European Champions. This is obviously his decision. What he has to weigh up is whether to join one of the two sides that have won the big prizes this season and pay more, or join the club with the most history, stability and track record for winning trophies. It's very hard to retain the Champions League trophy, and Chelsea are very much in transition. Their season has been an amazing success despite some massive problems, it's a fluke. City on the other hand have won the league title, and that is also something difficult to defend. They offer no guarantee of continued success.

Will Absolute

I honestly think we will miss the boat on Hazard theres too much going against us to steal him away from the Oil clubs. Unless of course he is a huge fan of the club which could be a possibility.

Too late to hedge your bets now, pal. You're on record saying we definitely won't sign him - several times.

I've got a list of names. :devil:

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Hazard

Starting to actually sound reasonably possible.

MDFC Manager

Why? It's very fair. He's agreed terms with all three clubs and let them know their offer was sufficient. Then he takes a week or two to make up his mind and decide. Very reasonable.
Not really...You dont 'agree' with 3 clubs, you just deal with the one you want to. All it shows is indecisiveness and lot more. In my opinion anyway.

I'm always right

Not really...You dont 'agree' with 3 clubs, you just deal with the one you want to. All it shows is indecisiveness and lot more. In my opinion anyway.
So if you got 3 job offers you'd ignore 2 of them and just take the company you were most interested in? without listening to offers from the others?

What if the company you wanted most was offering 20k a year less than the other 2?

RK

He'll make a decision. Then he'll go to the other clubs informing them of his decision and ask if they'll offer anything better. This will drag.

And I still won't care.

MDFC Manager

So if you got 3 job offers you'd ignore 2 of them and just take the company you were most interested in? without listening to offers from the others?

What if the company you wanted most was offering 20k a year less than the other 2?
I would listen to all 3 of course. I would negotiate with all 3 too. However, i wouldnt AGREE a deal with all 3 of them, i would just tell "thanks but no thanks" to 2 of them.

Siorac

Well, he might not have a "clear winner"; isn't a 21-year-old allowed to be a little indecisive before the biggest move of his career so far?

If he knows he wants to play in the Premier League and three PL clubs make a bid for him, why not talk to all three? Why not see what they all have to offer? He saw the offers, now he can decide but he needs a little time to do so.

I still don't think we'll sign him but I see nothing unreasonable about Hazard thinking this through carefully.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
Remember folks, hazard is away on international duty with Vincent kompany.
Yeah but the only thing I think is that he'll ask where he would play. Tevez and Ballotelli may well leave, but if Hazard wants to play regularly and develop then he's got to oust Nasri, Silva, Auguero. Toure often gets pushed up as the advanced midfielder too. Seems certain that City are looking at strikers this summer so in reality he's got to see it as more competition and less guarantee of being a first team regular. City have the money to spunk on him and not be too fussed if it doesn't work out. He surely understands that he'll get much better opportunities at OT and better chance to develop. I think his ego will bring him the OT as the chance to be the main man and become a legend. I'd like to think that not all players are solely interested in money, but some consider their actual playing happiness.

I'm always right

I would listen to all 3 of course. I would negotiate with all 3 too. However, i wouldnt AGREE a deal with all 3 of them, i would just tell "thanks but no thanks" to 2 of them.
Yeah but isn't that the thing, if you negotiate with all and they all match your expectations, negotiations are over and you inform that 3 companies that you'll let them know which offer you are accepting. Right?

The Neviller

I assume he hasn't agreed a deal with all of them, he's told them that their offers (contract terms) are suitable presumably, as all 3 contract offers meet his requirements. You can say the terms offered to you are suitable and still go elsewhere. City and Chelsea may well have offered him financial terms that suit him, as may United have. But Chelsea or City may have offered more than United. He'll then decide between the extra money on offer at the European Champions, the Premier League champions or whatever he likes about United. Saying the terms offered by a club are suitable and actually going there are two entirely different things.

Say three different clubs had offered him an identical wage, would it not be fair to tell them all you were happy with the terms offered and then deciding which of the three clubs suited you best?

Siorac

Well, I sort of agree that he did not "agree to a deal": it's probably more along the lines that he got three offers, none of them were totally unacceptable so now he needs time to make a decision, based on the offers (wages, bonuses, prospect of success at each club, etc.). There will be no more negotiations or bidding war but he'll choose the best offer. But why would he say "no thanks" before making his decision?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'll make a decision. Then he'll go to the other clubs informing them of his decision and ask if they'll offer anything better. This will drag.

And I still won't care.
True, which is why I don't think we'll get him. As soon as he starts doing that, he'll be showing that he wants a bigger wage. We can't compete with Chelsea and Man City on that front, so we'll have to pull out, leaving it for them two to negotiate.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We should give Ronaldo to give him a bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.