Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

stepic

Don’t worry it won’t happen. Besides, Sane is well on his way to getting to Hazard levels in the next few years. They really do not need a left sided attacker.

IrishRedDevil

Sanchez was incredible value for money in this market without doubt. On your point about goals and assists, Sanchez has the better output, but Hazard's dribbling ability is another level. Hazard's pace along with his close control is among the best in the world. Great player and naturally will cost an incredible sum in this market.
I couldn't really care about dribbling, I want United players to score and assist more than the opponent/rival. Sanchez dribbling abilty is more than enough.

beingshe7don

What's going on at Chelsea? There seems to be unrest and everyone seems to be wanting to leave. With us already having acquired Sanchez, 150m for Hazard seems unnecessary. I rather spend that kind of money on buying top notch midfielder and RW.

deafepl

I don't think it will be City. If Chelsea doesn't mind selling the player to rivals, it will be United for sure, it represents United better economically in term of expensive transfers and salary, as City are not favouring making the mega transfer and won't pay a high wage as Hazard would demand more than 300K. City can't afford to pay a high salary for Sanchez because they don't want to break wage structure, it won't be a problem for United considering United have the lowest ratio wage to revenue. Zlatan is on 200K+, we can give that money to Hazard by adding more 100K.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Interesting, should mean they can't get Griezmann nevermind Dybala.
I don't quite get it. They can buy a few 50mil defenders but can't make a one off purchase of £100mil + ?

There was no need for his haven't spent more than 100 mil on players previously comment when they've spent almost 200mil in 2 windows on centrbacks. What's the difference?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Interesting, should mean they can't get Griezmann nevermind Dybala.
They were trying to buy Mbappé and Sanchez for about £220m more than the £220m they had already spent in the last summer window.

Hansa

I don't quite get it. They can buy a few 50mil defenders but can't make a one off purchase of £100mil + ?
There's probably an element of FFP coming into play, even for City. With that as the backdrop, operation Moral High Ground is well into place.

United Pro

I couldn't really care about dribbling, I want United players to score and assist more than the opponent/rival. Sanchez dribbling abilty is more than enough.
It's not Hazard's dribbling in isolation that makes him a great player. He's a very complete player and is a consistent threat against any opposition. Hazard is a player that can make something out of nothing and hence is less reliant on the service of his team mates. Sanchez is a player that has a greater need of quality players around him to succeed.

ravi2

I think Real will go in big for hazard this summer and he will join them, can't really see Chelsea selling him to city.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
What's going on at Chelsea? There seems to be unrest and everyone seems to be wanting to leave. With us already having acquired Sanchez, 150m for Hazard seems unnecessary. I rather spend that kind of money on buying top notch midfielder and RW.
Seems like complete meltdown when the manager is more or less telling everyone that it's an unmanageable club. What must the vibes in the dressing room be like?

Silas

It's not Hazard's dribbling in isolation that makes him a great player. He's a very complete player and is a consistent threat against any opposition. Hazard is a player that can make something out of nothing and hence is less reliant on the service of his team mates. Sanchez is a player that has a greater need of quality players around him to succeed.
Huh, it's the other way around for me. Sanchez is more likely to take a game by the scruff of its neck and pull something out of the bag. Hazard favours interplay with teammates, so I'd say he's the one that needs better players around him. Not to say he can't do things alone, but one of his stronger assets after his dribbling is the way he combines with others. He's definitely less individualistic than Sanchez.

IrishRedDevil

I disagree.

Hazard performed well in a team that won the PL twice, with good players around him. Hazard drifts in and out of form depending on his mood. He said something along the lines that he could score more goals or be the best player in the world if he wanted to - to me that shows that he doesn't fully apply himself.
His goal stats are also padded with penalties

Sanchez performed better in an average/struggling Arsenal side. I feel Sanchez applies himself alot more and is a hungry player not holding anything back. He certainly has the ability to win games by himself.

Anyway to stick with the original point, Sanchez is far far better value.

United Pro

Huh, it's the other way around for me. Sanchez is more likely to take a game by the scruff of its neck and pull something out of the bag. Hazard favours interplay with teammates, so I'd say he's the one that needs better players around him. Not to say he can't do things alone, but one of his stronger assets after his dribbling is the way he combines with others. He's definitely less individualistic than Sanchez.
I disagree.

Hazard performed well in a team that won the PL twice, with good players around him. Hazard drifts in and out of form depending on his mood. He said something along the lines that he could score more goals or be the best player in the world if he wanted to - to me that shows that he doesn't fully apply himself.
His goal stats are also padded with penalties

Sanchez performed better in an average/struggling Arsenal side. I feel Sanchez applies himself alot more and is a hungry player not holding anything back. He certainly has the ability to win games by himself.

Anyway to stick with the original point, Sanchez is far far better value.
I understand your points. I should have specified that when I said Hazard is more likely than Sanchez to create something out of nothing, I was referring primarily to when they both play on the left. For me, Sanchez is much better when he plays centrally, as he gets more involved in the game. When he plays out wide, he doesn't dribble past full backs and create as much, as opposed to Hazard who has among the highest successful dribble percentage in all of Europe playing there and hence why I said what I did about Hazard in my previous post.
@IrishRedDevil You mention Sanchez at Arsenal performed better than Hazard, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. Yes, last season Sanchez was incredible in the league scoring 24 goals and assisting 11, but he did play as a centre forward for the most part, which is bound to elevate his output. But generally you're right, Sanchez has the better output, but that doesn't make him the better player or more influential on the whole. Sanchez appears to have more consistent performances over the seasons, but Hazard not only "performed well in a team that won the PL twice", he also scored 20 goals and assisted 18 times in his last season at Lille in the league when he was only 20/21.
Either way, like I said in my initial post, I agree with you and Sanchez for the price of Mhiki is much better value than Hazard at £150m.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He told so many times that his dream club is Real Madrid. I can see it happen one day.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it's not like City shouldn't or won't try, but they pulled out of the sanchez deal because they could not compete with United's when it came to wages...how many chances would they have against real madrid? :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sam Lee saying there's legs in this story linking him with City.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I mean, it's not like City shouldn't or won't try, but they pulled out of the sanchez deal because they could not compete with United's when it came to wages...how many chances would they have against real madrid? :lol:
Hazard won't be excited by the prospect of leaving London where he won some titles in order to join Manchester.

I'm sure Hazard isn't interested in joining a rival club.

Hazard dreams of you.

AgentP

I don't think any PL team will sign him. City have Sane and we have Martial in his position. Both these players have huge potential and it would be silly not to back them. But Madrid are trying to replace Ronaldo so he'll be a perfect pick for them. From Hazard's perspective also it's a no-brainer.

Kapardin

Sam Lee saying there's legs in this story linking him with City.
City think every player is queuing up for them because they want to Play for Pep™. They will find out they cannot get everyone. Hazard has a connect with the Chelsea fanbase, I doubt he would move to a rival in the league. Madrid, yes. Definitely don't see him at City.

Besides, Chelsea are our feeder club anyway.:wenger:

gulli_G

City think every player is queuing up for them because they want to Play for Pep™. They will find out they cannot get everyone. Hazard has a connect with the Chelsea fanbase, I doubt he would move to a rival in the league. Madrid, yes. Definitely don't see him at City.

Pep really pushes his players and Hazard did not like that from Mourinho so I doubt Pept will appeal as much as the media thinks. He looks es Chelsea and I too hope if he leaves, it's a abroad.

Swift Football

I believe Hazard would rather move to Madrid than CIty. But, i would rather see Hazard in PL than ending up in Madrid/Barca, even though it could be in PL rivals.

Oscie

I guess we'll hijack it in the final few days like the Lukaku and Sanchez signings then?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Hazard doesn't care about Chelsea, he's been talking about leaving and using them as a stepping stone ever since the start. If chelsea don't give him massive wages he will be off this summer IMO. Madrid will be after him big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.