g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eden Hazard

Righteous Steps

The WC was his first good tournament for Belgium, and it was just that, good. Mbappé hasn't had a full club season as good as Hazard's sure. He's also had about 1 and 1/2 seasons as a pro so far though. And that 1/2 season was at least as good as anything Hazard's ever done, possibly better given he did it in CL as well. He was also the best player on the pitch the one time he and Hazard played in the same game

*You* might believe Hazard is worth Neymar money. I don't. But more to the point being discussed, real madrid certainly don't. And it's not because of his personality off the pitch
No Hazard was the best player on the pitch the one time they faced each other.

And Madrid DONT need to its their loss, they get to play with Asensio Bale and Benzema instead of Hazard who is a level above all three.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Its weird because if you go back a few years you used to be able to judge players by watching them if they were elite or not

But now we only judge them by goals quite sad really

meninred

This could be hazard's season.He has an attacking minded coach who belives in him.Sarri has challenged him to score 40 goals like ronaldo..messi...or close to neymar..he has given him the license this season to do that.he is coaching him not to spend too much time in the opposition box so that he doesn't waste his energy as he can score more in the last 20 min when the oppositions tire.Hope Mourinho learns too.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I have just had a chat with a Liverpool fan who told me Neymar does not get into their team over Salah. And Hazard doesn't get into the side full stop. Think I need a lie down

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I have just had a chat with a Liverpool fan who told me Neymar does not get into their team over Salah. And Hazard doesn't get into the side full stop. Think I need a lie down
Don‘t do it, you are jinxing everything big time. :nono:

Now Salah is scoring 3 today while Neymar gets stopped by fecking Alexander-Arnold.:nervous:

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Fantastic World Cup? When? He was good, but fantastic is something else. James in 2014 was fantastic. Hazard wasn't even Belgium's best player against Brazil, Mbappé was clearly better than him in the SF...

He was great against the likes of Tunisia, in the second half against Panama and for 20 minutes against Japan.

People aren't going to single out his performances in Russia 20 years from now. Nobody was even doing that during or right after the WC for that matter
Can i get some of what your smoking? Hazard was belgium best palyer. If KDB an Lukaku had shown up in the semis France would have lost.

What did Mbappe do all tournament than just run in behind defenses that were foolish enough to give him the space and against Beglium france didn't create much. Hence their only goal or real effort was from a corner.

Pagh Wraith

Have to admit that I don't really get it with Neymar. I don't watch the French league that often (or Barcelona for that matter when he was there) but I do occasionally, plus all the CL matches and internationals. I struggle to think of any memorable performances apart from that comeback against PSG. That and the fact that I see moving to PSG in his prime as a distinct lack of ambition.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can i get some of what your smoking? Hazard was belgium best palyer. If KDB an Lukaku had shown up in the semis France would have lost.
Hazard was belgium's best player in the WC. De Bruyne and Lukalu were both better than him against Brazil

What did Mbappe do all tournament than just run in behind defenses that were foolish enough to give him the space and against Beglium france didn't create much. Hence their only goal or real effort was from a corner.
France created quite a few chances in that game, unlike belgium who created almost nothing. Mbappé was at the heart of almost everything france did. He created the game's two best chances, putting Pavard and Giroud one on one with Courtois. If Giroud scores his chance Mbappé wins the WC golden ball, too.

Eddy_JukeZ

Agree he's better than Neymar and to be honest on par with Ronaldo and Messi, I think people will realise this season those two aren't far off the rest like they used to be, in fact the likes of Salah Hazard Neymar are a whisker away from themI believe.
:lol::lol::lol:

Like hell he is.

He's nowhere near Ronaldo.

Never mind Messi who's on a different planet to him.

marktan

Hazard scores a hat trick against Cardiff and suddenly he's better than Neymar and on par with Messi and Ronaldo.

Hazard is known for shirking, he has one good season and then dissapears for the next. He's never scored 20 goals in a season. Neymar scored 39 in that season where Barca won the CL.

He's a supremely talented player but he needs to have a stand out season to be truly compared with the top players. He's not even hit the heights Bale hit at Spurs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Hazard scores a hat trick against Cardiff and suddenly he's better than Neymar and on par with Messi and Ronaldo.

Hazard is known for shirking, he has one good season and then dissapears for the next. He's never scored 20 goals in a season. Neymar scored 39 in that season where Barca won the CL.

He's a supremely talented player but he needs to have a stand out season to be truly compared with the top players. He's not even hit the heights Bale hit at Spurs.
Not on par with Messi and Ronaldo obviously but he is as good as Neymar, without a doubt.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hazard is nowhere near Neymar, but sure let's use the worst game possible, with a Neymar not even fully recovered, when he's shown over the years that the comparisons are ridiculous. His seasons at Barcelona weren't that long ago. Someone look up how he did when Messi was absent then come back to tell me how Hazard is somehow on level or even better than him. Ridiculous overhype.

Mcking

Hazard, Salah, Coutinho, Mbappe. Ah I really feel for Hazard. Imagine saying any of those three are better than him.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno, why so much hate for Hazard?! :lol:

It's like you can't see that the guy's class. Really weird. We should have signed him this summer ffs.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Hazard is nowhere near Neymar, but sure let's use the worst game possible, with a Neymar not even fully recovered, when he's shown over the years that the comparisons are ridiculous. His seasons at Barcelona weren't that long ago. Someone look up how he did when Messi was absent then come back to tell me how Hazard is somehow on level or even better than him. Ridiculous overhype.
What is that Neymar not fully recovered excuse? He played every game at the world cup, had a pre-season with PSG, played multiple matches in the league and got rested on the weekend.

It is not wrong to say that Hazard is moving up a gear hitting his prime while Neymar is not reaching his heights from 2014-2015. Neymar still needs to prove his title winning character as the main man, Hazard dragged 2 defensive Chelsea sides to league titles against teams with vastly more resources and is the main guy at the team from the top of the table right now. Neymar should have went to the PL, because now he has to win the CL or the World Cup to leave his mark. Even him moving to Real would have been better.

Mcking

What is that Neymar not fully recovered excuse? He played every game at the world cup, had a pre-season with PSG, played multiple matches in the league and got rested on the weekend.

It is not wrong to say that Hazard is moving up a gear hitting his prime while Neymar is not reaching his heights from 2014-2015. Neymar still needs to prove his title winning character as the main man, Hazard dragged 2 defensive Chelsea sides to league titles against teams with vastly more resources and is the main guy at the team from the top of the table right now. Neymar should have went to the PL, because now he has to win the CL or the World Cup to leave his mark. Even him moving to Real would have been better.
I agree

jungledrums

I can understand people saying either Hazard or Neymar are superior players when compared with one another, but to call either stance ‘ridiculous’ is in itself ridiculous. They’re two world class players, there’s not much between them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

The injury he sustained takes a long time to recover from, much longer than the time he's had off and where he forced himself to go to the world cup, similar to CR7 in 2014. Both should have never been at that world cup. Just because he's on the field doesn't mean he's anywhere close to 100% and I suspect it'll remain that way until January.

I can understand people saying either Hazard or Neymar are superior players when compared with one another, but to call either stance ‘ridiculous’ is in itself ridiculous. They’re two world class players, there’s not much between them.
It is ridiculous when you compare their best seasons with one another, or their impact for their national team.

MrEleson

The injury he sustained takes a long time to recover from, much longer than the time he's had off and where he forced himself to go to the world cup, similar to CR7 in 2014. Both should have never been at that world cup. Just because he's on the field doesn't mean he's anywhere close to 100% and I suspect it'll remain that way until January.
Except that CR was in the form of his life at this point in 2014 and was scoring hat-tricks in consecutive games despite being 3 years older than Neymar is now and having less time to recover. I really don't buy the injury excuse for Neymar's current showing. It could be but I don't believe it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

It is ridiculous when you compare their best seasons with one another, or their impact for their national team.
I didn't realize a metatarsal fracture was such a grueling injury to recover from. It's not like he tore an ACL or did his Achilles; a metatarsal isn't a catastrophic injury by any means.

It's also ridiculous to look solely at goalscoring without acknowledging that football is in fact a team sport and the broader context of the team a player is in matters. Also would love to know how you're quantifying "impact for the national team", especially considering Hazard's Belgium got the better of Neymar's Brazil at the WC. Or does that not count because Neymar was still hurt?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
People look at stats to judge the best players in the world now.

Hazard against liverpool last season single handedly destroyed them. He didn't even score. He was unplayable. And the world cup people say he was good. No he was great like always.

You can't take the ball off him. He often gets the ball very deep and dictates play. He also plays in conservative sides so his numbers are a little less than they should be. A perfect player? No. He needs to be more clinical.

Watch games to judge. He is ridiculously good.

NikkiCFC

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is nowhere near Neymar, but sure let's use the worst game possible, with a Neymar not even fully recovered, when he's shown over the years that the comparisons are ridiculous. His seasons at Barcelona weren't that long ago. Someone look up how he did when Messi was absent then come back to tell me how Hazard is somehow on level or even better than him. Ridiculous overhype.[/QUOTE

Put Neymar in PL he would be like Robinho. Put Hazard in Barcelona he would score 30+ goals every season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I didn't realize a metatarsal fracture was such a grueling injury to recover from. It's not like he tore an ACL or did his Achilles; a metatarsal isn't a catastrophic injury by any means.

It's also ridiculous to look solely at goalscoring without acknowledging that football is in fact a team sport and the broader context of the team a player is in matters. Also would love to know how you're quantifying "impact for the national team", especially considering Hazard's Belgium got the better of Neymar's Brazil at the WC. Or does that not count because Neymar was still hurt?
I'm not saying Hazard isn't exceptionally gifted, I'm just saying he is a tier below Neymar, who has shown the goods for Brazil many times over. Hazard was good at the WC, but he was by no means fantastic like some try to paint. I'm not just looking at goalscoring, I'm looking at the general impact, the chances they can create, the type of penetrating plays and range of passing they're capable of, and Neymar is superior in pretty much every one of those categories, and has shown it many times over with Barcelona and with PSG prior to his injury. He simply is not the same player at the moment, and it will be that way until the end of the year. He came back too soon for the world cup, and a foot fracture is not a typical injury and not everybody recovers the same from it, especially with Neymar's play-style. All I'm saying is let's judge him in January or later, I just don't believe this is the real Neymar we've seen since he's been back.

AllezLesDiables

It is strange that people get so hung up on goals especially when people compare players from All Star teams like Real, Barcelona and PSG to Chelsea which has some good to great players, I don’t think anyone would accuse Chelsea of having a team chock full of World Class players.

I would to hear what Thierry Henry thinks of Hazard and hear more quotes from Zidane.

I hope that Eden can win big silverware before he finishes.

For me he represents the showman, who dazzled the crowd and opponents.

Some of his flick ons are beyond belief mostly due to the fluidity of his play style.

That moreso than anything will be his legacy when he’s no longer playing. He’s an artist like Ronaldinho albeit in a different way.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Sadly we are in the era where if you don't score 40+ goals a season you're not considered world class by some. I wonder what people would say about players like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Luis Figo , Giggs, Pavel Nedved etc. These players never scored 40+ a season but they were recognised as world class players.
I'm glad players like Modric are getting their deserved recognition. Still feel for Iniesta missing out on a ballon dor.

Thetouch

That's also a ridiculous statement to make.
Belgium just became the highest ranked nation on the FIFA ranking again for the 2nd time this decade.
They were 67th in 2009 when Hazard made his debut for the national team.

They've been blessed with other great players in this generation. Lukaku is already the all time topscorer and De Bruyne is no slouch but they've been thoroughly overshadowed.
But Hazard has had the far greater impact and will probably go down as Belgium's greatest player ever.
Just as Hungary with Puskas, this Belgium side will be fondly be remember as their best generation ever and the first name associated with it will be Hazard.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is Belgium's best player so lets not talk about him achieving nothing internationally, he's been part of Belgium's best team ever who he is captain for. Belgium has a good run in the world cup where he was there best player by a country mile. Lukaku and KDB were both decent in patches but really went missing when it counted and only went out to the team that ended up winning it.

The one time Neymar and Hazard did face off Hazard was easily the better player

The Neymar from Barcelona was quality but I'm comparing Hazard and Neymar now as players and currently Neymar only plays 10-15 competitive difficult games a year and seeing as he's performed pretty poor in the world cup and champions league consecutively I think its fair to say he'not been at that Barca level.

Anyway enough of that as said before, awesome player who will finally shut up the statisticians this year that need figures infront of there eyes before recognizing how good a player is.

At least we can rule out Kaka, Zidane and the like as ever being truly elite due to there goals scored

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sadly we are in the era where if you don't score 40+ goals a season you're not considered world class by some. I wonder what people would say about players like Kaka, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Luis Figo , Giggs, Pavel Nedved etc. These players never scored 40+ a season but they were recognised as world class players.
I'm glad players like Modric are getting their deserved recognition. Still feel for Iniesta missing out on a ballon dor.
This is just not true at all though. It is simply not true in the slightest that you need to score 40 goals a season to get recognition. The vast majority of fans rate Hazard, Marcelo or Modric ahead of Kane or Lewandowski. Iniesta and Xavi are considered the best of the previous generation, if Hazard was as good as them then he'd be in that tier too.

People pretending that Hazard doesn't get enough recognition because he doesn't score 40 goals rather than because of his obvious flaws are being very dishonest.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno, why so much hate for Hazard?! :lol:

It's like you can't see that the guy's class. Really weird. We should have signed him this summer ffs.
He is class. But for that kind of money i want a player with a history of true greatness in CL

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
He is class. But for that kind of money i want a player with a history of true greatness in CL
I'd say "forget" the CL and focus on the league a bit more for now. I don't want another season like last one in the league.

By the way, did you see PSG last night? I didn't, but from what I read that wasn't greatness in the CL.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard not playing in a all-star team like RM,Barca, PSG has seriously clouded some people's judgement on his superiority of a player. Case in point, when Modric played in Spurs, he was considered a good player, but having world class teammates around him in Real has completely elevated his game and stature. Also, hazard has always played under pragmatic managers which has hurt his chance of banging in more goals. Admittedly, his finishing has been erratic; however he easily belongs to the elite tier of footballers, just below Messi and CR7

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd say "forget" the CL and focus on the league a bit more for now. I don't want another season like last one in the league.

By the way, did you see PSG last night? I didn't, but from what I read that wasn't greatness in the CL.
For that kind of money i want a player who is a game changer at every level

Yeah PSG were butt yesterday. Neymar is just not the same for PSG that he was for Barcelona. And i mentioned before i don't think this version of Neymar is worth what PSG paid for him

And we're saving the money for Mbappé anyways, not neymar :D

Varun

Staff
Ronaldo, Modric, Bale and so on. None of them had great CL pedigree before they joined you. Ronaldo had 1 good campaign but ended it with missing a pen in the penalty shoot out.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo, Modric, Bale and so on. None of them had great CL pedigree before they joined you. Ronaldo had 1 good campaign but ended it with missing a pen in the penalty shoot out.
Cristiano had no CL pedigree before we signed him? Seriously????

Modric didn't cost insane money

Bale was a bit of a special situation. But he was coming off a monster of a season and had previously had some monster performances in CL. And Florentino needed a big signing to take the sting off missing out on Neymar. And we weren't coming off 3 straight CL wins. And he didn't come to replace Cristiano Ronaldo

Righteous Steps

For that kind of money i want a player who is a game changer at every level

Yeah PSG were butt yesterday. Neymar is just not the same for PSG that he was for Barcelona. And i mentioned before i don't think this version of Neymar is worth what PSG paid for him

And we're saving the money for Mbappé anyways, not neymar :D
Hazard is, how can he not be? Mbappe isn’t a better or more accomplished player, Hazard is literally the best player Madrid could get right now.

Righteous Steps

And he is a bit better than Neymar currently you can just tell with how both players deal with pressing, Hazard last season against Liverpool was getting pressed in the same way but was evading 3 4 players at a time because he is simply the best dribbler in the world, with the best close control, we’ve been saying for years all he needs to do is play in a more expansive team.

Varun

Staff
Cristiano had no CL pedigree before we signed him? Seriously????

Modric didn't cost insane money

Bale was a bit of a special situation. But he was coming off a monster of a season and had previously had some monster performances in CL. And Florentino needed a big signing to take the sting off missing out on Neymar. And we weren't coming off 3 straight CL wins. And he didn't come to replace Cristiano Ronaldo
I already pointed out how Ronaldo was different in that list.

My point was, guys who played huge roles in your CL wins didn't fulfil the criteria you're setting for Hazard. What they cost, whether they had 1 amazing game or not doesn't really matter.

Micky Targaryen

Its weird because if you go back a few years you used to be able to judge players by watching them if they were elite or not

But now we only judge them by goals quite sad really
Yes I do miss those days when you judge a player by actually watching them play full games week in week out. Nowadays it's all about bloody stats and more stats. And it gets weirder with odd stats like x(goal) and x(assist) shite.