g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Eden Hazard

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
For that kind of money i want a player who is a game changer at every level

Yeah PSG were butt yesterday. Neymar is just not the same for PSG that he was for Barcelona. And i mentioned before i don't think this version of Neymar is worth what PSG paid for him

And we're saving the money for Mbappé anyways, not neymar :D
You guys are spoiled as hell man

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What they cost, whether they had 1 amazing game or not doesn't really matter.
But it seems it does now. Otherwise we would have signed Hazard

It appears that we've got neymar money in the bank, but they seem to be earmarked for one of Neymar or Mbappé. In all honesty if the choice is Hazard or one of those two, I'd rather not go for Hazard. But mostly i'd just want us to go for Mbappé

Hazard is, how can he not be? Mbappe isn’t a better or more accomplished player, Hazard is literally the best player Madrid could get right now.
He hasn't been yet. Mbappé has a better resume in CL than him. Mbappé is also 19 and looks set to dominate the sport over the next decade. He's already as accomplished as Hazard or close to it, and while he may not be a better player yet, again he's 19.

Hazard was the best player we could have signed last summer. Evidently we didn't deem him worthy of the cost. He's just not yet proven himself the a game winner on the biggest stages

Yes yes, two PL, sure. Chelsea didn't have to beat Barcelona to them though. In fact, they beat a collection of has-beens and not-quite-there sides

Even in the PL, he's yet to have a Suarez-like season, where he absolutely dominates virtually every game he plays in and routinely wins by himself. The closest he got was 14/15. And in summer '15 i would have gladly spent neymar money on Hazard btw

Varun

Staff
But it seems it does now. Otherwise we would have signed Hazard

It appears that we've got neymar money in the bank, but they seem to be earmarked for one of Neymar or Mbappé. In all honesty if the choice is Hazard or one of those two, I'd rather not go for Hazard. But mostly i'd just want us to go for Mbappé

He hasn't been yet. Mbappé has a better resume in CL than him. Mbappé is also 19 and looks set to dominate the sport over the next decade. He's already as accomplished as Hazard or close to it, and while he may not be a better player yet, again he's 19.

Hazard was the best player we could have signed last summer. Evidently we didn't deem him worthy of the cost. He's just not yet proven himself as a guy who can win you the biggest trophies.

Yes yes, two PL, sure. Chelsea didn't have to beat Barcelona to them though. In fact, they beat a collection of has-beens and not-quite-there sides

Even in the PL, he's yet to have a Suarez-like season, where he absolutely dominates virtually every game he plays in and routinely wins by himself. The closest he got was 14/15. And in summer '15 i would have gladly spent neymar money on Hazard btw
Yes, if you could get just one of those 3, makes sense to get Mbappe. That said, getting him from PSG is close to impossible, ditto Neymar so at least to me, it's just a case of you guys being happy to wait for Hazard to run down his contract some more.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, if you could get just one of those 3, makes sense to get Mbappe. That said, getting him from PSG is close to impossible, ditto Neymar so at least to me, it's just a case of you guys being happy to wait for Hazard to run down his contract some more.
If we can have him for a good price, maybe after a year of Sarri finally giving him that killer instinct he lacks, then sure :D

Would be stupid not to

Major

Supports
chelsea
This is just not true at all though. It is simply not true in the slightest that you need to score 40 goals a season to get recognition. The vast majority of fans rate Hazard, Marcelo or Modric ahead of Kane or Lewandowski. Iniesta and Xavi are considered the best of the previous generation, if Hazard was as good as them then he'd be in that tier too.

People pretending that Hazard doesn't get enough recognition because he doesn't score 40 goals rather than because of his obvious flaws are being very dishonest.
Care to elaborate on said flaws please? The only ‘flaw' his critics seem to come up with which isn't insane is his goal scoring record. They neglect the fact that he's just not that type of player. He'd rather create that score himself.
I'm damn confident Hazard would be twice the player Neymar is today if he played with Messi and Suarez, with Iniesta behind them. Any player with top level talent would.

Now thankfully after he left for his own selfish reasons and pipe dream of surpassing Messi, we are seeing Neymar for the fraud he really is.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
If we can have him for a good price, maybe after a year of Sarri finally giving him that killer instinct he lacks, then sure :D

Would be stupid not to
He was the main attacking fulcrum of Chelsea team that won 2 EPL titles and few cups. Point being, he actually led his team to win big trophies as the main man during the course of the season (with Chelsea not being considered as favorites in those cases). Something Neymar hasn't done once in his whole career as great as he is.

Lacking killer instinct my ass. Just take him away from Chelsea finally.

And no one is worth Neymar money. That's the main reason why Madrid ain't paying it I presume.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
Yes I do miss those days when you judge a player by actually watching them play full games week in week out. Nowadays it's all about bloody stats and more stats. And it gets weirder with odd stats like x(goal) and x(assist) shite.
Its hilarious really, people commenting judging Hazards quality saying he cant post stats like Salah.

In 07 when Kaka won the ballon d'or he had 18 goals all comps in 06/07 and 19 goals all comps in 07/08 everyone knew he was world class but can you imagine that now, it would be laughed off due to not scoring 30 tap ins or not having an Xg of 2.0 :lol:

Theres various other examples Ronaldinho etc it goes but I guess that is just this age of football.

It strange because I'm not old myself yet I know how to watch football with my eyes and not just through stats.

AllezLesDiables

Hazard not playing in a all-star team like RM,Barca, PSG has seriously clouded some people's judgement on his superiority of a player. Case in point, when Modric played in Spurs, he was considered a good player, but having world class teammates around him in Real has completely elevated his game and stature. Also, hazard has always played under pragmatic managers which has hurt his chance of banging in more goals. Admittedly, his finishing has been erratic; however he easily belongs to the elite tier of footballers, just below Messi and CR7
This ... 1000% this. Hazard had Gervinho, Payet, Cabaye at Lille.

At Chelsea he got to play with Drogba, Lampard, Eto, and Fabregas but all toward the twilight of their careers.

Best striker he’s played with is Costa.

Otherwise he’s had Oscar, shit version of Fernando Torres, useless Morata, Pedro, Willian, and a few other mediocre or worse options.

Hardly comparable to the talent most of the others have had.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'm delighted that Real Madrid don't think he's good enough. They are welcome to carry on without him.
Pray he doesn't actually score 40 goals this season :devil:

:D

RooneyLegend

Hazard not playing in a all-star team like RM,Barca, PSG has seriously clouded some people's judgement on his superiority of a player. Case in point, when Modric played in Spurs, he was considered a good player, but having world class teammates around him in Real has completely elevated his game and stature. Also, hazard has always played under pragmatic managers which has hurt his chance of banging in more goals. Admittedly, his finishing has been erratic; however he easily belongs to the elite tier of footballers, just below Messi and CR7
I fail to understand how that's so hard to understand. No player in world football would score 40 goals in our current side, not a Messi not a Ronaldo. While it's true that Hazard could be a bit more effective but expecting huge statistical achievements from him in the past Chelsea doesn't make sense.

After this season I think it'll be clearer where he features on the best player lists. Look at all the players he's being compared to and see the situation they play at. He's now in the same situation and if he fails to impress to that extent then maybe he can be slammed.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Pray he doesn't actually score 40 goals this season :devil:

:D
You have Isco, Benzema, Bale, Asensio starting in your team and you think Hazard should score 40+ plus a season to be ‘worthy' of Madrid? Did any of them hit 40+ before you bought them? Has any of them hit 40+ after you bought them? how about Kaka? Di Maria? Zidane? Its only Ronaldo I guess in recent memory and he only did it once at United.
Borders on pompous stupidity really.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You have Isco, Benzema, Bale, Asensio starting in your team and you think Hazard should score 40+ plus a season to be ‘worthy' of Madrid? Did any of them hit 40+ before you bought them? Has any of them hit 40+ after you bought them? how about Kaka? Di Maria? Zidane? Its only Ronaldo I guess in recent memory and he only did it once at United.
The smileys were an indication he wasn't serious at all :lol:
@duffer You need to school better your fellow supporters in the art of banter on the caf

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, we do have Isco, Asensio, Bale and Benzema

And it was tongue in cheek(but it's true that if Hazard ends up scoring 40 goals Florentino will finally see him as worthy alternative to his obsession with Neymar)

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, we do have Isco, Asensio, Bale and Benzema

And it was tongue in cheek(but it's true that if Hazard ends up scoring 40 goals Florentino will finally see him as worthy alternative to his obsession with Neymar)
Perez just see Neymar as replacing all those Shirt sales he just lost. Mbappe is a tricky situation, he has his pace going for him right now a bit like Owen. What would happen when he loses that Pace.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe is a tricky situation, he has his pace going for him right now a bit like Owen. What would happen when he loses that Pace.
He's 19. That pace won't be going anywhere for the next 8-10 years barring catastrophic injuries.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He's 19. That pace won't be going anywhere for the next 8-10 years barring catastrophic injuries.
Plus he is great technically and has a great understanding. As long as he does not have any major injuries his pace should extend his prime.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Perez just see Neymar as replacing all those Shirt sales he just lost. Mbappe is a tricky situation, he has his pace going for him right now a bit like Owen. What would happen when he loses that Pace.
When do you see Mbappe losing his pace? Besides, he has nifty feetwork, excellent decision making and good pass on him. He'll be aight in 2031/32 when he has lost some pace.

RooneyLegend

Pretty sure Madrod haven't tried to buy him cause they have Isco and now a manager that really believes in Isco.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Arguably the best ball carrier in Europe at this present time. It's no surprise he is flourishing playing in a postional based system. He is in the category just below Messi.

Major

Supports
chelsea
Pretty sure Madrod haven't tried to buy him cause they have Isco and now a manager that really believes in Isco.
well their welcome to keep Isco. I know Roman would rather have Hazard in our team than 200 mil in the bank.
I wonder if Perez would feel the same if someone offer 200mil for Isco or Bale or Benzema or Asensio or Modric or ....

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Thats what i mean. Barring any injury he will be right up there. Hes a young Michael owen right now. The world at his feet.

el3mel

He's a ridiculous player. On form he's the best in the league. Wins you games on his own.

Zoo

That goal shits all over the one Salah won a FIFA award for :lol: