Eden Hazard

minoo-utd

Best player in the league. No doubt about it. Wished Sanchez can do half what Hazard doing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wasted like 5-6 years of his career under managers with no interest or ability to help him improve. If only Sarri got his hands on him in 2012...

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Wasted like 5-6 years of his career under managers with no interest or ability to help him improve. If only Sarri got his hands on him in 2012...
So, are you starting to believe he's good enough for us? He'd have been an amazing signing. My only worry is that he's so similar to Isco.

Aloysius's Back 3

So, are you starting to believe he's good enough for us? He'd have been an amazing signing. My only worry is that he's so similar to Isco.
What if hazard & isc0 played the 2 Cam way that Pep has silva & De bryune playing?

SupaFella

Supports
Manchester City
Well besides all the likely superlatives to be said about Hazard, it strikes me that he really seems to love his job and having a lot of fun lately. He seemed to have had the time of his life with our national team at the world cup.

Lately he seems to be just scoring goals "out of the blue". Against Schotland he had a pretty goal too which tottaly surprised everyone, just a whole class apart compared to the rest on the pitch that day basicly.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Went from being the root of all Chelsea's ills to their footballing God in a short space of time corresponding with a manager shift or two. Sounds familiar

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Of course he's good enough for us, i never said otherwise. What i said is that he would not improve us enough to justify his cost, even more so when you consider the possible emergence of Asensio and Isco, the work on the stadium, and the apparent need to save up the money to go after Mbappé

I think Hazard might actually turn into everything we'd need him to be this season thanks to Sarri. If he doesn't sign a new contract, that'd be perfect for us. If not, peace.

The time to sign him was 2014 or 2015

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Except that it's not. Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Hiddink, Conte, Wilmots, Martinez

That is a long list of either very inept or very defensive thinking managers.
Again. Bollox. There’s a bunch of good managers on that list, who have all got good performances out of top attacking players. You win feck all without scoring goals.

el3mel

Except that it's not. Di Matteo, Benitez, Mourinho, Hiddink, Conte, Wilmots, Martinez

That is a long list of either very inept or very defensive thinking managers.
Imagine mentioning Hiddink as a very defensive thinking manager.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Well besides all the likely superlatives to be said about Hazard, it strikes me that he really seems to love his job and having a lot of fun lately.
Had that same impression he's really enjoying playing football most of the times I saw him. I remember seeing a qualification game some time ago where Belgium was totally hammering some minnow, and he was still fired up and just kept going at them.

predator

Youth NITK
Hazard doing Hazard sort of stuff shocker. If you aren't or haven't ever been aware of how frighteningly good he is on his day then you are watching the wrong sport.

Having said that, the term 'consistently' is used very inconsistently when it comes to discussing players. Hazard is unstoppable on his day (as he's shown tonight) but I hope he does it more often because quite frankly it is a joy to watch.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Again. Bollox. There’s a bunch of good managers on that list, who have all got good performances out of top attacking players. You win feck all without scoring goals.
Seriously, on that list is no one who you would call a very good attacking manager. He needed a specific possession football guy to develop him like Sarri or Pep. Klopp is an attacking manager, but would not have been the perfect fit for Hazard.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A discussion about a footballer coming into his prime at 27 years old? Sure. It won’t be very long though.
Heh. He IS 27 uh? Ok, you were right :lol:

But i still want to stand by that post, Sarri would have turned him into Messi if he got him at 21, damnit :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Is this one of those things where you prioritize personal accolades over helping the team win trophies? Hazard has been essential to every one of Chelsea's league titles since he joined , often coming out on top of the purported favorites. Salah's oh so wonderful season saw a grand total of zero trophies. Hazards less than stellar season last year still saw the FA Cup handed over to them.

Hazard has also come out and said he doesn't prioritize scoring and prefers setting the team up. I think that was a naive but also great attitude..some sweet spot in between and it's gold
What even is this logic?

A player isn't better because he's won trophies, that's a team achievement. Hazard didn't win those cups on his own. It's like saying Gabriel Jesus is better than Kane because the former has won the league, it's just silly.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
"Wasted years of his career." Feck me! :lol:

Won PL titles, FA Cups, player of the year award, voted in the world XI. Wasted, yeah.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seriously, on that list is no one who you would call a very good attacking manager. He needed a specific possession football guy to develop him like Sarri or Pep. Klopp is an attacking manager, but would not have been the perfect fit for Hazard.
No, what he needed was a teacher type capable of getting into his head and improve his mentality, specifically one who could convince him to either look at the goal more, or become more incisive with his passing. And stop being so in love with dribbling for the sake of it.

Of those 5 managers, Di Matteo was Di Matteo, Benitez had him for half a season, and is famously poor at man management, Mourinho and Conte got what they needed and thus didn't much care about it, on top of not being the nurturing types, and Hiddink had him for half a season in which he was injured for most of it.

@Pogue Mahone makes a good point about him entering his prime now. But i still think a guy like Sarri, Guardiola, Klopp, Zeman, etc, could have gotten more out of him earlier. The impression i always got from Hazard was a player who was satisfied with what he was. What kept him from -not quite challenging Messi/Cris, but at least coming close, the way Neymar did- was motivation

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Only Mourinho and Conte were there long enough and both denied him certain freedoms.

I should say though we played some good football under Benitez. I was actually surprised.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
"Wasted years of his career." Feck me! :lol:

Won PL titles, FA Cups, player of the year award, voted in the world XI. Wasted, yeah.
The word i was going for was development

It was a stupid post, i admit it :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Somehow, this thread makes me happy. Can't put my finger on.