Eden Hazard

Champagne Football

Ills in what sense?
There was almost riots last time Jose had his second Chelsea meltdown. The feeling among Chelsea fans was that Hazard and Fabregas had downed tools to get the manager sacked as they were spolied pampered stars who threw the toys out of the pram if they didn't get what they wanted. Jose was seen as the innocent victim by fans and media. Chelsea fans wanted Hazard and Fabregas gone at the time and not Jose.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
There was almost riots last time Jose had his second Chelsea meltdown. The feeling among Chelsea fans was that Hazard and Fabregas had downed tools to get the manager sacked as they were spolied pampered stars who threw the toys out of the pram if they didn't get what they wanted. Jose was seen as the innocent victim by fans and media. Chelsea fans wanted Hazard and Fabregas gone at the time and not Jose.
Well he publicly humilated Eva when Hazard was down injured but no we did boo them after Jose was fired.

Sterling Archer

What even is this logic?

A player isn't better because he's won trophies, that's a team achievement. Hazard didn't win those cups on his own. It's like saying Gabriel Jesus is better than Kane because the former has won the league, it's just silly.
Mate, everything you've said is a classic example of a non sequitur. It's also an incredibly belated reply. Was the intention to wait two moons before replying, hoping I wouldn't remember the original context?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
So, are you starting to believe he's good enough for us? He'd have been an amazing signing. My only worry is that he's so similar to Isco.
We can all spare you the trouble. Bayern takes Hazard as a heir to Ribery and Real gets James back. Deal?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Mate, everything you've said is a classic example of a non sequitur. It's also an incredibly belated reply. Was the intention to wait two moons before replying, hoping I wouldn't remember the original context?
Yeah, that's exactly it. Not the fact that I didn't read it till just now.

A player isn't better just because his team won trophies, it's a stupid argument. Salah last season was better than any season Hazard has had, he actually did it in the CL and was far more productive than Hazard has ever been.

Robbie Boy

Finally starting to live up that world class tag. Amazing what an expensive, progressive manager can do.

Trizy

Hazard has been far from convincing for his majority of time in England but it's honestly looking like it was down to manager appointment.

He's finally going to go up that level we all thought he was capable of under Sari.

Moonred

Hazard has been far from convincing for his majority of time in England but it's honestly looking like it was down to manager appointment.

He's finally going to go up that level we all thought he was capable of under Sari.
He has looked convincing before when he won the player of the year. He might explode to a new level but it’s a little odd to say hazard hasn’t done it before.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
When you scroll Wikipedia for stats and don't actually watch football games you may get the impression Hazard is an inconsistent player

James Peril

When you scroll Wikipedia for stats and don't actually watch football games you may get the impression Hazard is an inconsistent player
He has been inconsistent over the last few years, that’s pretty easy to see with your own eyes. If things don’t work, he’ll keep doing the same things and hit a wall doing it. Nobody is denying his talent or ability, but he is inconsistent and that’s why he has never been mentioned amongst the really great footballers out there. If he keep up the same tempo as this season, the tune will naturally be different.

He has godgiven talent and technique, dribbles and shifts of tempo nobody can match, but he is not the smartest player out there. He is very selfish, without having the Ronaldo-numbers to back up the fact that he shoots 9 out of 10 times when he should have passed.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
He has been inconsistent over the last few years, that’s pretty easy to see with your own eyes. If things don’t work, he’ll keep doing the same things and hit a wall doing it. Nobody is denying his talent or ability, but he is inconsistent and that’s why he has never been mentioned amongst the really great footballers out there. If he keep up the same tempo as this season, the tune will naturally be different.

He has godgiven talent and technique, dribbles and shifts of tempo nobody can match, but he is not the smartest player out there. He is very selfish, without having the Ronaldo-numbers to back up the fact that he shoots 9 out of 10 times when he should have passed.

Bar 15/16 he really hasn't, each season he has been our best and most consistent player and we've not done too badly for trophies in the last few years.

If you think Hazard is selfish then you truly do not understand because his biggest flaw up until this season is that he's been too unselfish and hence hasn't scored enough. Fully evidenced at the weekend against West ham when he tried a back heel assist when through on goal rather than shooting. Almost every manager we have had has said Hazard needs to be more selfish

James Peril

Bar 15/16 he really hasn't, each season he has been our best and most consistent player and we've not done too badly for trophies in the last few years.

If you think Hazard is selfish then you truly do not understand because his biggest flaw up until this season is that he's been too unselfish and hence hasn't scored enough. Fully evidenced at the weekend against West ham when he tried a back heel assist when through on goal rather than shooting. Almost every manager we have had has said Hazard needs to be more selfish
You need to chill, it seems like you have the impression that I think Hazard is an average player. Like I said, he has god-given talent and world-class ability on the ball - he hasn't reached that pinnacle yet for whatever reason, he could/should be up there with the best and score 20+ goals or scoring 35 points each season. He is close, who knows how high he'll go this season. Salah went 44 points last time around, Hazard's highest is on 25 and he takes penalties as well. Hazard is selfish in the way that he travels with the ball, he would rather run backwards and around players instead of passing it to another player. That zaps energy and doesn't get them further up the pitch - he should give it away more and instead hunt higher in the pitch. How many times is he kicked down (needlessly) every game because he tries to dribble in impossible positions instead of just passing the ball? 15? And come on, the guy is known for shooting from impossible angles and straight into the block from distance in every game. All I am saying is that Hazard is a potential 40+ points scorer in the Premier League, so far he hasn't reached his potential - he is a rare talent. He needs to become a little bit smarter, stay away from running backwards (using up energy) and avoid silly attempts that are going to be blocked 99/100 times - that's what separates him from 30 goals in the league.

Trizy

He has looked convincing before when he won the player of the year. He might explode to a new level but it’s a little odd to say hazard hasn’t done it before.
He has been far too inconsistent in the past. World class one game, missing the next. That's what I was getting at.

There is no denying he's a world class talent.

El Jefe

It's always blown my mind when people refer to him as inconsistent. It's understandable in a way because this is the Messi/Ronaldo era where top attackers are expected to deliver close to a goal a game. Sure Hazard can score more but when you watch the games you see there's far more to the game than stats. I wonder how the likes of Nedved, Figo and Ribery would be judged now if they were just coming through.

He's been in the top 3 performers in the PL over the last 5 years IMO. The 15/16 was an anomaly yet its painted as if that is what you should expect with him.

Robbie Boy

His best season to date has been under Mourinho, funnily enough
His problem has been consistency tbh. He’s always had a mental amount of talent but consistency held him back. I feel under Sarri he will hit new heights. Funnily enough, it could be his form under Sarri that will finally push Madrid to bid.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
His problem has been consistency tbh. He’s always had a mental amount of talent but consistency held him back. I feel under Sarri he will hit new heights. Funnily enough, it could be his form under Sarri that will finally push Madrid to bid.
It doesn't seem likely he'll push for a move as his family is settled in London, unlike Courtois who has kids in Madrid and due to a court order, kids had to be with mother in Spain when he divorced his wife.

UncleBob

Good for you

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Don't bother, in both Chelsea title-winning seasons he was unreal. Best EPL player and most people would put him either in top 5 or top 10 overall looking the way he played. Funny thing is that people blame him for inconsistency while he dragged a pretty defensive team through the course of 38 games to those titles as the main attacking threat.
His problem is when he has a period of bad form or a bad game, Chelsea usually fell apart in attack and there is pretty much no one to have the same impact like in all other big teams, so that bad period becomes more emphasized.

If Sarri helps him to make the next step it will be about putting him in the discussion for the best player in the world, but he has been world-class for quite some time already.

Robbie Boy

It doesn't seem likely he'll push for a move as his family is settled in London, unlike Courtois who has kids in Madrid and due to a court order, kids had to be with mother in Spain when he divorced his wife.
Don't think he'll push but I do think Madrid will inevitably bid for him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Every time I’ve watched this guy play I’ve always wondered why he’s never really been giving Messi a run for his money

UncleBob

Not sure why. First you make an absurd claim about Hazards performances being related to finally having an attacking minded coach, when you're reminded that his best season to date, where he pretty much was unreal, was under Mourinho, you go on about how his issues have always been consistency. Not really sure what you're on about. Imho he lacks the mentality to ever establish himself in the bracket of players that consistently deliver at the highest level, i reckon he'd crack under the pressure at Barcelona or Real Madrid. He makes top £ at Chelsea, fans generally love him and he can easily escape criticism when he underperforms over long periods of time, not much reason for him to ever leave. There's a vast difference between his performences from season to season.

Sterling Archer

Yeah, that's exactly it. Not the fact that I didn't read it till just now.

A player isn't better just because his team won trophies, it's a stupid argument. Salah last season was better than any season Hazard has had, he actually did it in the CL and was far more productive than Hazard has ever been.
Was that actually the argument I was making? Or was it along the lines of Hazards importance and or contribution to the team being greater than Salah's? Pretty sure it's the latter. You're welcome to dig back and see what exactly I quoted originally because I can't recall exactly.

As an aside, I'm not a fan of arguments and opinions on a football forum being called stupid. I'd appreciate if you used different language.

UncleBob

Was that actually the argument I was making? Or was it along the lines of Hazards importance and or contribution to the team being greater than Salah's? Pretty sure it's the latter. You're welcome to dig back and see what exactly I quoted originally because I can't recall exactly.

As an aside, I'm not a fan of arguments and opinions on a football forum being called stupid. I'd appreciate if you used different language.
It's a bit of a pointless argument, you could argue that a third division player in Norways importance and contribution to his team being greater than Hazards.

Robbie Boy

Not sure why. First you make an absurd claim about Hazards performances being related to finally having an attacking minded coach, when you're reminded that his best season to date, where he pretty much was unreal, was under Mourinho, you go on about how his issues have always been consistency. Not really sure what you're on about. Imho he lacks the mentality to ever establish himself in the bracket of players that consistently deliver at the highest level, i reckon he'd crack under the pressure at Barcelona or Real Madrid. He makes top £ at Chelsea, fans generally love him and he can easily escape criticism when he underperforms over long periods of time, not much reason for him to ever leave. There's a vast difference between his performences from season to season.
You do realise my first post was merely a cheap dig at Mourinho? Calm down. I know his performances vary depending on the season but Sarri clearly has a good record at getting the best out of attacking players. He turned Insigne into a far more consistent goal scorer and made Mertens look far better than he is. Obviously Hazard has struggled with consistency but I feel (sorry, I know you don’t like that) he will thrive under Sarri. That’s it dude, no need to rant.

Sterling Archer

It's a bit of a pointless argument, you could argue that a third division player in Norways importance and contribution to his team being greater than Hazards.
It makes more sense to compare influence in the same league or tournament... but even if you want to go your route whats wrong with that comparison?

Aint gota Kalou

He's always been class...never understood the criticism he recieved before. He might be taking his game to a completely new level which is scary.

Zoo

Toying with Horrenderson last night who couldn’t cope.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

How is his contribution 'to the team' greater than Salah's was last season? If you're scoring & assisting a lot, you're contributing to the team.

In his most productive season Hazard scored 16 and assisted 5. Salah last season scored 32 and assisted 10, so both scoring and assisting at twice the rate. You can argue Hazard is a better player in the build up, but that doesn't make up for being half as productive. Salah was also far more influential in Europe than Hazard has ever been.

Your post heavily implied that Salah's great season was negated by the fact Liverpool won no trophies, which I'm calling out as a stupid argument, because that's exactly what it is. Anyone with half a brain could see how incredible Salah was last season, it isn't his fault that his side last year simply weren't ready to compete for the title (especially against that City side), or that he got injured in the CL final. Do you think if you put Hazard instead of Salah in Liverpool's side they would have won something?

I really don't know what your argument even is. Hazard has won stuff so he's the better individual? Personal accolades aren't important despite being the only sensible way to judge a player as an individual?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Toying with Horrenderson last night who couldn’t cope.

This happens to Henderson whenever he comes up against decent opposition. Players like Hazard either run rings round him or completely bypass his headless chicken pressing technique.