g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ederson Moraes

Emptihead

Supports
Manchester City
Ederson had a big chance to get Golden Glove award, didn't he?
Yes, Ederson had 16 clean sheets while De Gea had 18. Ederson should have had one more, but because he had to come off injured it didn't count as a clean sheets. Also he played 1 less game then De Gea due to Guardiola deciding to play Bravo last two games of the season.. If those things went differently both would have finish with 18 or 19 if both played the last game as well. Think De Gea is the clearly better stop shopper, but the award for golden glove was very close.

R'hllor

For some reason i like this way, maybe its to early to extreme ( getting new contract after a year ) but guess rather that then the way how Arsenal, Liverpool (Sterling) or us were dealing contracts extension, keep players on the rise as long as possible on current lower wages and then when they enter in last year, year and the half, offer them new one, in most cases it turns out its to late and player power getting stronger each passing day.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
delighted with this, no where near the stopper of DDG standards but he's only 24 and suits our game down to a tee

Classical Mechanic

City always tie down their best players when they do well and the feeling is good. Smart because whenever they have dropped off all their best players are on long contracts and know they have little leverage to move.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Needs to improve. Have not seen him make a save he shouldn't be making like the top top keepers.

A top keeper would have saved some of the goals conceded against (eg) Pool and keep them in the game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Schlupp goal was so poor. Not a particularly powerful shot and from a decent angle. Some of the goals have been conceded because he can't dive properly.

arthurka

He is clearly lacking in the keeping department but his distribution is second to non, he fits Peps team like a glove as they are almost never tested.

Pace Abuser

Am I the only one who thinks most keepers would have saved the Schlupp goal? It seemed so bizarrely easy the way it rolled in.

Mick321

He's exceptional with the ball, one of the best I've seen and I've also been impressed with how he deals with crosses given he's not the most imposing goalie but actually saving shots he's not particularly good, he's nowhere near the best there, Alisson, Dave and Lloris are all miles better at that aspect. Alisson is having another freakish season of saves per goal and needs to feck off.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
As long as he knows how to pass the ball, right? Who cares these days about actual goalkeeping skills, defending is overrated anyway.

Rossa

As long as he knows how to pass the ball, right? Who cares these days about actual goalkeeping skills, defending is overrated anyway.
That is why some argue he is better than DDG, yes. Allison is better because he isn't as good at the actual goal keeping stuff, nor is he remotely as good with the ball at his feet as Ederson... makes perfect sense that.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
For a side like City that is more important.
It's really not. He's been their worst player today, after their defenders who are also all about the distribution and have no idea about defending. They could have conceeded 3 more goals, they probaboy have no idea how they conceeded just one goal today. They'll do feck all in Europe again.

Nick7

He's not the best shot stopper, or great at organising a defence. Great off the line and good passers though.

Nick.

How many times did he come out of goal only ro flap at the ball and miss completely?

Trizy

He is perfect for a Pep Squad and key for them winning some games. Bit shite at the actually goal keeper part though :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never trust a man with a neck tattoo!
Plays some lovely balls, but just something so untrustworthy about his style of play!

That trying to leap onto the ball/ Stones situation almost cost them.
And some of his other antics don't fill you with much confidence!

the_irish123

I don't get these posts, he had a crucial save. He's very good at stopping shots.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I don't get these posts, he had a crucial save. He's very good at stopping shots.
He's an average shot stopper and he's extremely rash

That said his distribution is a better than TBITW Alisson

Nick7

He's good. But he's not great and he's certainly not one of the best. He's defensively suspect, but one of the best at sweeping and passing.

Mick321

Great with the ball. His actual goalkeeping, eye test and stats say he's very average though. I guess they don't mind the trade off as most teams don't get near them.