Ederson Moraes

PoTMS

Allison showing him up this season. Clear why he is not chosen as the #1 for Brazil.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I'm not his greatest fan but for me he's no where near the reason we lost that tie over two legs

Yagami

Good post resistant
A far cry from the great Nicky Weaver and Carlo Nash.

cyberman

The amount of mistakes and should have moments he has when he has so little to do really goes under the radar. Is he a great keeper or an average one who can pass the ball?

haram

The amount of mistakes and should have moments he has when he has so little to do really goes under the radar. Is he a great keeper or an average one who can pass the ball?
A good keeper that can pass the ball. In the long run I think it will be worth it for City anyway.

cyberman

A good keeper that can pass the ball. In the long run I think it will be worth it for City anyway.
But it would be nice of him to make a save in a European game sometime soon?
Honestly, City have that many passers of the ball that I don't think a slight downgrade from the keeper would hurt them that much. A competent keeper on the ball who can bail them out when the opposition gets through would be a bigger asset for them imo

ti vu

But it would be nice of him to make a save in a European game sometime soon?
Honestly, City have that many passers of the ball that I don't think a slight downgrade from the keeper would hurt them that much. A competent keeper on the ball who can bail them out when the opposition gets through would be a bigger asset for them imo
Easy said than done.

And Pep's philosophy means that everyone should be a passer of the ball. Even th supposed defenders can be play makers when situation required. It's not head count. It's 11/11 or he would go out hunting another.

And it's not easy to assess to know whether that downgrade competent on ball would be enough in different situation, let alone GK style. Look at Bravo. He was able to compete with Marc ter Stegen, but couldn't cope with PL.

Ederson settled for most part. Hoping him to improve on his GK may be safer than going to going through GK search.

cyberman

Easy said than done.

And Pep's philosophy means that everyone should be a passer of the ball. Even th supposed defenders can be play makers when situation required. It's not head count. It's 11/11 or he would go out hunting another.

And it's not easy to assess to know whether that downgrade competent on ball would be enough in different situation, let alone GK style. Look at Bravo. He was able to compete with Marc ter Stegen, but couldn't cope with PL.

Ederson settled for most part. Hoping him to improve on his GK may be safer than going to going through GK search.
Maybe it's time to finesse his philosophy? I mean surely he thought Ederson would be better than this? If ball playing skills was the be all and end all then Pep is happy with Ederson but he seems to be lacking in most other areas that it gets ruthlessly exposed in Europe.
He literally does not make a save in CL competition as far as I can see and 99 percent of sides don't even press City high up in the league so where is the difference being made up here?

ti vu

Maybe it's time to finesse his philosophy? I mean surely he thought Ederson would be better than this? If ball playing skills was the be all and end all then Pep is happy with Ederson but he seems to be lacking in most other areas that it gets ruthlessly exposed in Europe.
He literally does not make a save in CL competition as far as I can see and 99 percent of sides don't even press City high up in the league so where is the difference being made up here?
Yet in the first season, that would enough to become City Achilles heel.

As we have seen, managers ares tubborn when it comes to their vision. We're talking about an we'll known idealist here. Alternating philosophy is like fantasy.

Edit: just like the same with their CBs situation. How about somebody who can defend better with less ball skill? Simply no for Pep. He's ready to make a point sacrificing the season with John Stones playing CB with Koralov of all people at time just to add Laporte the following season.

cyberman

Yet in the first season, that would enough to become City Achilles heel.

As we have seen, managers ares tubborn when it comes to their vision. We're talking about an we'll known idealist here. Alternating philosophy is like fantasy.
But they completely overhauled thier defence from that first season, it wasn't really about pressing the keeper but their entire back four.
You're spot on about being an idealist. This is like selecting Carrick as a DM when the attack is clearly needing a Makelele to clean up the spills left behind. If that makes sense.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He works for City because he's in his own distribution league. Watch that kick of his in the last minutes to Aguero. Pinpoint pass to the other box and he took one step.

In terms of saving shots there are many much better than him.

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
He's about mid-table level shot stopper and command of his box and world class distribution. For 90+% of games he doesn't have to do much other than distribute so he's perfect for City. Problem is its games like these big champions league games where the other attributes a goalkeeper needs come more in to focus.

He's like Valdes. He's an average goalkeeper at the top level but he's good enough with the ball to be an outfield player. He fits their system.

Vadim

He's like Valdes. He's an average goalkeeper at the top level but he's good enough with the ball to be an outfield player. He fits their system.
He’s better than Valdes. I like Ederson I think he’s top drawer.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
There’s a good reason Alisson is Brazil’s number 1 and Ederson is not.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
We would have held on for the draw had the Pep Guardiola is my idol started Bravo!

T_Model101

Can someone watching in 4k confirm that little tears were coming out of that smiley face on his neck after the second goal :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Jose on Ederson (2019) : "Or when Pep isnt happy with his goal keeper, he bought, he bought, he bought, he bought Ederson."

Truer words have never been spoken.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Very low save percentage from Ederson

Mistakes aside which can happen, he’s not a brilliant shot stopper

I do wonder whether he remains important at City once Baldie buggers off

Classical Mechanic

He's a poor keeper in many aspects - crosses, shotstopping and positioning. Brilliant on the ball and very good at coming off his line so he works perfectly for Ped and his dopey highline.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Shows what a difference having a good defence in front does, Otamendi is absolutely useless and the full-backs arent great either, as good as Fernandinho is, he's still a CM.

Ace of Spades

Shows what a difference having a good defence in front does, Otamendi is absolutely useless and the full-backs arent great either, as good as Fernandinho is, he's still a CM.
Shows how limited he really is. His exceptional ability is on the ball, every other area of a keeper he is very average to poor. He plays in a team that are barely threatened most of the time with their possession football, the few times he is called to action he looks nothing special.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Every City player is having a bellow average season, nerves are getting into them. Ederson is a brilliant goalkeeper, City won't be stupid enough to sell him.

cyberman

Nobody really presses City high anymore so his passing from the back has become redundant. He tries with the long passes but when was the last time we read about how good he is outfield anymore?

cyberman

He has secretly turned into a walking disaster. All they talk about is his kicking but his judgement is extremly suspect

A-man

He has secretly turned into a walking disaster. All they talk about is his kicking but his judgement is extremly suspect
He’s had some great passes but that violence on his own player was horrible.

arthurka

He is an absolute idiot with these rushing runs out of his box.. Friend or foe doesn't matter to him..