Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
First, you’re optimistic about Sancho.

And now you’re positive about Cavani.

What next.. you’re going to say that our entire team isn’t shit?!

come on mate, at least TRY to fit in around here..
What the feck are you on about?
Does sancho improve our squad? Yes
Does cavani improve our squad? Yes

Give your head a wobble and move on.

DoomSlayer

He was. But that’s completely irrelevant to Cavani.

Signing Cavani is better than nothing,we need to get behind the team.

It’s still not good enough but like I said, it’s better than doing sweet fa.
Trust me, mate - I'm always getting behind the team and Ole. Problem is people will bag on the manager for having yet another shitshow of a transfer window, when we got barely anyone that helps the squad and we couldn't offload the biggest leeches that have literally 0% impact on our season.

In a few weeks time, a big majority will start blaming Ole yet again and I'll be one of the few defending him again so don't give me that "back the team" BS!

meninred

Could go either way..He could be a van persie or alexis sanchez.

DarkXaero

How do we know he's not on sky high wages then? I'd imagine he was backup last season at PSG but can't have been managed well with his injury record. I've no issue with replacing Ighalo as backup but there are surely better options.
Because the wages have been reported to be 200k/week, which is not cheap but not absurd either (Ighalo is on 130k/week). I don't know the agent fees, etc.

Considering that our attacking players (starters) are on the younger side, I think it makes sense to bring in a veteran striker as a backup. Who do you think we should have signed as a backup instead?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
What the feck are you on about?
Does sancho improve our squad? Yes
Does cavani improve our squad? Yes

Give your head a wobble and move on.
I was joking. :lol: fecking hell. Considered a smiley but decided it wasn’t needed and was obvious sarcasm... obviously not haha

JustinC00

So we can afford this with a huge agent fee and high wages but can’t seemingly get Telles and Sancho over the line?

Brutal club. I hate it.
There is a distinct difference between getting Cavani and Sancho & Telles. If we could get Sancho & Telles the same we got Cavani they would be here already.

joedirt87

Ighalo’s loan ends in 3 or 4 months. We needed a striker. It’s not my preferred target but let’s see if he can add something to the squad.

RORY65

yes actually, our squad management going into last season was dog turd and ended up with us having to panic get an average player in from China in Jan.
So yes, we learn.
By panicking to get a player who is physically past his best and looking for a big final pay day?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There is a distinct difference between getting Cavani and Sancho & Telles. If we could get Sancho & Telles the same we got Cavani they would be here already.
No because the money we’re using on Cavani could have been pumped into those deals.

Tony247

We are buying Cavani just to prove that Lingard is still a kid and deserves another contract.

Infestissumam

yes actually, our squad management going into last season was dog turd and ended up with us having to panic get an average player in from China in Jan.
So yes, we learn.
yes, and now our squad management going into this season is dog turd and ends up with us having to panic get a washed up and often injured 33 year old two days before the window closes. Great learning curve.

Hoof the ball

Aerial threat with nobody to put a decent ball in the box.
Agreed, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. As long as he's in there, there's a chance even poor wide players can hit one decent cross every now and again. The point being that at least it's part of a solution to our most prominent issue. Deep defending teams.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Joke of a signing. We've paid out the Sanchez wages to a reserve goalie and striker. We're run by muppets.

DoomSlayer

I'm perplexed by the delusion many are showing in this thread. Are you guys that desperate to clutch at any possible positives or are you being genuine in your admiration for Cavani?

I'd have no problem with this signing after an efficient and proper transfer window, in which we had sorted our main issues within the squad and were looking for valuable deals in the last days.

It's just failure after failure for Woodward, Judge and everyone else responsible. Must be nice to be a millionaire and totally suck at the most important aspect of your job.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
we're building for the future. Have faith in the Prowsess

Redfan94

Granted the Sancho fee is obviously an obstacle for that deal being completed, but what’s the difference in this and the Telles deal?

Seems pretty straightforward.

red4ever 79

Ed - Ole I got you an attacker
Old - That's great Ed can't wait to get Sancho settled in
Ed - It's Cavani
Old - Who?
Ed - Cavani that great striker from PSG
Ole - OK

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
While Cavani is past his best, I do wonder about where he is right now, if the injuries are behind him then he could be a decent poacher and has the incredible ability to find space where there is seemingly none but he doesn't have the workrate that he used to have, at least he didn't for PSG in the last two seasons.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
To score goals mate. He is better than Martial in that regard. We can't rely on an 18 year old and an inconsistent Martial.

Just wait and see before he starts banging them in

Who should we sign then? You seem to know more than Ole.

Last year he scored an amazing 5 goals in 20 appearances.

kbbear

If Cavani stays fit then i't's a good deal. A lot of people said we needed another striker so we've got a guy that's experienced, can hold up the ball, proven record, no fee and won't block Mason Greenwood's path.

predator

Youth NITK
I just hope its not ed bringing in a big name because he knows Sancho is not happening.

If we were to sign telles and sancho aswell then I could not be happier. That would give us one hell of a squad imo.

ti vu

If we have him it's a top piece of business. Very bizzare remarks about him in the thread.
You must have not follow French football at all.

Cavani was plagued with injuries. Not the same player few years ago, when he got chance to play. When PSG had to pay handsome to Icardi and use Choupo-Moting, you would have to question the other alternative that is Cavani. Add to that, all these clubs looking for new CF, and nobody really go near to strike a deal with Cavani before this round of news about us.

This makes Alexis Sanchez deal look reasonable for us and Inter without the hindsight.

Ollie Derbyshire

I'm perplexed by the delusion many are showing in this thread. Are you guys that desperate to clutch at any possible positives or are you being genuine in your admiration for Cavani?

I'd have no problem with this signing after an efficient and proper transfer window, in which we had sorted our main issues within the squad and were looking for valuable deals in the last days.

It's just failure after failure for Woodward, Judge and everyone else responsible. Must be nice to be a millionaire and totally suck at the most important aspect of your job.
Think you need to have a rest, not everyone thinks the same as you.
Who would you have bought?

Gordon S

On a positive note, he could turn out to be a Zlatan rather than Bastian, Sanchez or Falcao. Some of you guys need to wait before making judgements.
Zlatan was as fit as any 25yo out there when we got him, performing at a good level week in week out. Bastian and Falcao struggled with injuries for a long time before we got them. We can only hope he can give us a few minutes of brilliance here and there

Status
Not open for further replies.