Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcurt

I fecking hate this club, what a stupid signing, the opposite of what we have been looking to do and will certainly distablise the squad.

Johnnyredboots

The negativity on here is nauseating! Cavani is a great backup option and crucially adds depth to our attack. He’ll enable Martial, Greenwood and Rashford valuable breaks and is a great experienced head/ character to add to the dressing room!
he wont he'll be injured 80% of the season just expensive company for jones in the treatment room. Sanchez mk2

Thank you!

If he can play the odd game and come on for the last 20 minutes and win a few points, I think it could make sense.

To answer a lot of posters here it's obvious from your post he is past his best. However, If Cavani was still young and had the power and ability of a few years back, he would not be on a free transfer. This is a stop-gap approach and probably brought in to coach some of our younger strikers.
Yup, the bold would be plenty for this to be an ok deal. Much better than going into the season with a piss weak squad like last year.

Seems some posters can’t get their head around every signing not having to be a roaring success.

DevilRed

The negativity on here is nauseating! Cavani is a great backup option and crucially adds depth to our attack. He’ll enable Martial, Greenwood and Rashford valuable breaks and is a great experienced head/ character to add to the dressing room!
Gives us a different type of striker. One with an aerial threat and goal poaching ability.

Something we desperately need when trying to unlock the fecking low block.

ti vu

But Redcafe knows better or course....
Why he is available then? Look at PSG transfer activity now. Why would they choose to let him go for free, having to pay for Icardi and begged Choupo-Moting to stay. Extending Cavani deal would have been cheaper and easier for all parties.

Let's not pretend former player are some genius. Hope he's right since he said this also:

Shiva87

2 years actually, says fabrizio romano

option of 2? pfft he wont stay fit, i hope he fails the medical. this deal is a disgrace.
So you think our squad is better off without him? Come on, some posters on here.

He isn't a game changer but an important fill the hole signing if he can stay fit. Nothing to be so disappointed about.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Absolutely Pathetic, nobody can be happy about this deal surely. Another ageing, declining player on stupid wages.

This club will be the death of me, bad decision after bad decision, Absolute idiots run this club.

djembatheking

Such a high profile player available on a free would have been snapped up by someone else by now if he was still any good. Typical Woodward panic buy. It just goes against everything we have been saying for the last few years.

Kostov

Glazers should change the name of the club next, No Compass United is more fitting the way they operate. On the market the whole summer, sign him now.

Ollie Derbyshire

I fecking hate this club, what a stupid signing, the opposite of what we have been looking to do and will certainly distablise the squad.
How can you hate your club? Disappointed yeah but come on signing an experienced backup striker isn’t that bad haha

Pennywise

Very happy with this as long as it's in addition to telles and a top right winger

Cathy Ferguson

This. Great signing unless we pay crazy wages or agent fees. We need quality options upfront. Ighalo cannot offer this. If only we could add a RW as well...

Johnnyredboots

So you think our squad is better off without him? Come on, some posters on here.

He isn't a game changer but an important fill the hole signing if he can stay fit. Nothing to be so disappointed about.
yes i think we are better off without an obscenely overpaid injury prone 33 year old. Its just my opinion, like yours is yours.

Bojan11

You'll all fecking love him when he scores against PSG in a few weeks :rolleyes:
That is not the issue here. The issue is he’s been free all summer, so why once again have we left it to the last minute? What have we been doing all summer?

red4ever 79

Absolutely Pathetic, nobody can be happy about this deal surely. Another ageing, declining player on stupid wages.

This club will be the death of me, bad decision after bad decision, Absolute idiots run this club.
some are trying to put a brave face on it. All this speaks off is desperation of a club that is badly managed. Looks very much like an Ed signing also which is worrying

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
On a positive note, he could turn out to be a Zlatan rather than Bastian, Sanchez or Falcao. Some of you guys need to wait before making judgements.
Exactly this. Lets wait and see. Not every signing must be long term project. We needed backup striker. We got proven goalscorer. That is it.

kitress

Whose idea is this anyway? Can't possibly be Ed's since Cavani has little commercial values.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That is not the issue here. The issue is he’s been free all summer, so why once again have we left it to the last minute? What have we been doing all summer?
Having a long gander at Jadon Sancho it seems. That and bailing Harry Maguire out of prison.

saivet

I wonder how fit he is, no pre season and from what I've read the last match he played was 4th March. Imagine it will take him a while to be match ready.

littlepeasoup

So much for having a clear plan and identity. Ole has been properly thrown under the bus this summer, and all the shiny toys you try to parade Ed, it's not going to change people's opinions of you. F*cking clown.

I do hope Cavani is a runaway success, but I also hope his potential wages don't destabilise the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.