Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
To be fair he’s entitled to his opinion too. Unnecessary mate.
Probably worded harshly, but I struggle to comprehend why somebody who is ‘so sick of the club’ would continue to take an interest. Maybe that’s just me, but what I’m so sick of is the constant negativity.

I’m only sticking around until after the deadline though, I genuinely can’t be arsed with the negativity about EVERYTHING.

OneUnited24

Reeks of desperation. Looks like Ed and co realise we need numbers and are scraping the barrel for anyone. Hardly fits the bill we have been looking for in other players.

I’ll always support our players butthis one make no sense

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Some proper odd people on here. Think some of you lads spend too much time following transfers.

Cavani on a free? Why not, sounds fun to me. Let's have a few more in

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just when you think the club can't possibly be as inept as they seem they go to pull a move like this which just proves that yeah they really are. As all the journo's have said he's been available all summer, no way this is anything other than a panic buy

It's actually worse than signing no one, at least in that scenario you can tell yourself there's a plan that they don't want to alter from just because of public pressure. Like I said they're just proving they're as inept as they seem with this one

Regardless of what you think of Ole every manager deserves better than our board

BIGbadBOO4

Absolutely bonkers, after Sanchez have we not learnt a thing? Honestly, I cannot see the sense in this as it goes against what Ole is trying to do. I have to say we will not compete until the Glazers have gone.

Shiva87

yes i think we are better off without an obscenely overpaid injury prone 33 year old. Its just my opinion, like yours is yours.
I don't love the signing either. It reeks of desparation. But, he is a much better squad option than Ighalo if we need someone to come on from the bench.

Ighalo had a similar response from the fan base but he was able to make the fans like him. Let's see what Cavani can do.

Boneli

Another way to look at this signing would be that a week ago Ole said that Greenwood needs to work on his heading ability, and now we are signing an experienced player renowned for his heading ability. Maybe there is a plan in there somewhere.

Johnnyredboots

He's played 55 games in the last two seasons. I think you're exaggerating a little with that figure.
and what were those 55 games? being a bench option that got injured a lot? it's just a bad bad signing and i truly despair.

If some people think its a good piece of business then fair play but don't be surprised when we achieve nothing and fall even further behind Liverpool and city while we are paying obscene wages to past it players who are perpetually injured.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That is not the issue here. The issue is he’s been free all summer, so why once again have we left it to the last minute? What have we been doing all summer?
We have been potentially waiting until he was more ready to provide reasonable contract demands? Many players will be keen to get contracts sorted now before teams make final signings and squads settle. So it could be 100k less a week now than it was in July.

If we bring in Telles and a RW before Monday, this is a great move and makes our bench look a whole lot better.

Anyone wondering if a 33 year old Cavani is really better than a 31 year old Ighalo, needs to have a rethink about football. Not to mention the European pedigree he brings with him.

If it’s instead of a RW, it’s unacceptable but as competition at CF in a tough market, it’s a very smart signing.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Why is he being compared to Sanchez who was playing for a rival, 29 years and old and signed on 500k a week?

What is the similarity??

Some proper odd people on here. Think some of you lads spend too much time following transfers.

Yeah I think some people are too wound up, transfers like this can be fun. If he turns out wank, so what, the guy he’s replacing is hardly fecking Ronaldo.
They should ask themselves one question, is he better than the squad player he’s replacing?

Bwuk

Miles better than Ighalo.

Id be looking to end Ighalos loan if we can after we sign him.

DoomSlayer

Just when you think the club can't possibly be as inept as they seem they go to pull a move like this which just proves that yeah they really are. As all the journo's have said he's been available all summer, no way this is anything other than a panic buy

It's actually worse than signing no one, at least in that scenario you can tell yourself there's a plan that they don't want to alter from just because of public pressure. Like I said they're just proving they're as inept as they seem with this one

Regardless of what you think of Ole every manager deserves better than our board
Just watch how the masses burn effigies of Ole in a couple of months. Everything will be pinned on him in the end.

Russky14

Ex PWC boys do it again.

I just shake my head. Fecking clueless if this comes to fruition.

Kostov

So many on here I feel are whining over the wrong reasons, Cavani will be a great fecking option to have from the bench, but where is the fecking strategy and planning for a club of our statue? He's been on the market for ages, and could have been signed 3 months ago, why wait till now you absolute fecking morons? Shambolic managment imo.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He'll be on insane wages and in 6 months time we'll think "why the feck did we do this!".

Honestly, just sign a young striker instead and take a gamble.

DoomSlayer

Yeah I think some people are too wound up, transfers like this can be fun. If he turns out wank, so what, the guy he’s replacing is hardly fecking Ronaldo.
Yeah, let's continue wasting money for the 7th year in a row, why not? We spend billions of pounds so far with no top level success, a few tens of millions more makes no difference, right?

Sounds like good fun. :cool:

MattyB1986

I thought we moved past these kind of signings? obviously not. Sigh! still think if this does happen, it'll be a better bench option than Ighalo.

mu4c_20le

He'll be on insane wages and in 6 months time we'll think "why the feck did we do this!".

We have two already. This isn't bad at all especially when you consider that in 2022 we'll go for Haaland to replace him.

Deery

Dreary

Because he’s an injury prone 33 year old past his best coming to the premier league. Where could it go wrong.

Ollie Derbyshire

Then the same people will be saying why have we wasted that money on a young player when we have Greenwood. He’ll impede his progress.

Bojan11

We have been potentially waiting until he was more ready to provide reasonable contract demands? Many players will be keen to get contracts sorted now before teams make final signings and squads settle. So it could be 100k less a week now than it was in July.

If we bring in Telles and a RW before Monday, this is a great move and makes our bench look a whole lot better.

Anyone wondering if a 33 year old Cavani is really better than a 31 year old Ighalo, needs to have a rethink about football. Not to mention the European pedigree he brings with him.

If it’s instead of a RW, it’s unacceptable but as competition at CF in a tough market, it’s a very smart signing.
That makes no sense at all.

It is a clear panic buy. You don’t sign someone who has been on a free all summer on the last day.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Sharing this for the sole purpose of pushing random feckwits over the edge: OAP Cavani promoting ballet dancing as something as cool as playing football

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
and what were those 55 games? being a bench option that got injured a lot? it's just a bad bad signing and i truly despair.

If some people think its a good piece of business then fair play but don't be surprised when we achieve nothing and fall even further behind Liverpool and city while we are paying obscene wages to past it players who are perpetually injured.
He was subbed on in 16 of the 55 games. Started the rest and played a total of 3300 minutes.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just watch how the masses burn effigies of Ole in a couple of months. Everything will be pinned on him in the end.
Oh of course they will, they won't remember the shit show that's been this summer when the inevitable injuries hit and we've got Dan James and Lingard having to play due to lack of other options

Ollie Derbyshire

Because he’s an injury prone 33 year old past his best coming to the premier league. Where could it go wrong.
He’s an experienced bench option, who offers us something no one else in our squad does, on a free transfer. It might go right.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
We have two already. This isn't bad at all especially when you consider that in 2022 we'll go for Haaland to replace him.
Well then you'd better start saving to pony up for Haaland in 2022, instead of wasting millions on Cavani as a middle ground just to fail signing Haaland over 20 or 30 millions in two years, or worse, him choosing another team.

The team closest to sign Cavani was Benfica, they thought his wages weren't worth the player they'd get for the Liga NOS, how can anyone be happy to sign him while aiming for a top 4 finish in the EPL?. Callejon would make more sense

yamo123x

There's no way he's.coming to be on the bench..reported 250k a week to sit on the bench...i cant see it.

It does reek of desperation.

I still expect Dembele on loan too

Status
Not open for further replies.