Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

Leaving in 3 months
Wasting wages on a player for 3-4 months, whilst also paying his club money to allow him stay with us and not play, so we can waste wages on him.

Ed Woodward the genius strikes again, money is nothing to him, he can do things other clubs can only dream of.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
For some strange reason I keep remembering the experienced player helping the young player settling down argument told by various journalists a few weeks back. Are we heading to us signing two Uruguayan players ( Cavani and Pellestri)?

GoldanoGraham

• He will cost the same as Igahlo
  • Not being funny but reckon he’s got a better pedigree and will bring more experience
  • It’s only 2 years contract
  • Martial/Rashford/Greenwood can’t not learn from him

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he's a decent player and might be half decent if he doesn't half a season injured.

It's the deal I have issues with. He was available for months and we leave it right to the end to sign him, while giving his agent a massive fee and get him on big wages. If that's not desperation I don't know what is.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
its reported 200k which around the same as Salah and less than Firminho/Mane. His own agent who we are paying 10m took the piss out of us before it aswell
Woodward and Matt Judge are absolute baffoons, if they end up paying 10M euros to the agent and £200kpw to Cavani.
I wonder if Matt Judge knows that the aim of the game is to pay as little as possible, not the opposite.
Also, if Cavani does get £200kpw, will he be on more that Bruno Fernandes? Have I got this right?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Wasting wages on a player for 3-4 months, whilst also paying his club money to allow him stay with us and not play, so we can waste wages on him.

Ed Woodward the genius strikes again, money is nothing to him, he can do things other clubs can only dream of.
You're making zero sense, unless you think we should not have extended him at the time and risked having only on striker for the following season

ti vu

For some strange reason I keep remembering the experienced player helping the young player settling down argument told by various journalists a few weeks back. Are we heading to us signing two Uruguayan players ( Cavani and Pellestri)?
If the experience knows the league and the club well enough. Here Cavani is as new as the other guy to English football and Manchester...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If we pay him £200kpw, his wage will be one of the biggest in the EPL.
How are we getting him on low wages? We are paying ridiculously high wages to a 33 year old.
Nobody else will pay him that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Leaving in 3 months
I know that, the point I'm making is that having 2 backup strikers sort of hints that our transfer planning is a bit all over the place.

If we were planning on signing Cavani why extend Ighalo?

Just all seems a bit disjointed, no clear strategy, or worse, we are failing to implement our actual strategy and abandoning it and panic buying.

I've no real problem with signing Cavani if it's part of a concrete plan, but don't think it is. And if he's our last buy in this window the board have serious questions to answer.

Still hope he succeeds here mind.

clarkydaz

Woodward and Matt Judge are absolute baffoons, if they end up paying 10M euros to the agent and £200kpw to Cavani.
I wonder if Matt Judge knows that the aim of the game is to pay as little as possible, not the opposite.
Also, if Cavani does get £200kpw, will he be on more that Bruno Fernandes? Have I got this right?
likely on more than Bruno. People are so used to stupid Glazernomics now they see 200k good value for a back up striker nobody else would pay for all summer. i assume these big round numbers are just easier to calculate for our negotiators

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I know that, the point I'm making is that having 2 backup strikers sort of hints that our transfer planning is a bit all over the place.

If we were planning on signing Cavani why extend Ighalo?

Just all seems a bit disjointed, no clear strategy, or worse, we are failing to implement our actual strategy and abandoning it and panic buying.

I've no real problem with signing Cavani if it's part of a concrete plan, but don't think it is. And if he's our last buy in this window the board have serious questions to answer.

Still hope he succeeds here mind.
No it implies we are planning ahead for Ighalo leaving, not bringing in a replacement for Ighalo this window would have been poor planning

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Cavani has a better pedigree and if Kane leaves spurs to comes here he will break the wage structure.
It doesn't matter what Kane could be paid; the fact of the matter is Vardy, Kane, Mane, Salah, the best performing forwards in the league, are on less. It doesn't matter how that is spun, it is a serious misuse of funds and precisely why we are in the predicament we are in.

Players must justify that kind of money, via performance or reputation. Rooney was booted out of the club because his wage was no longer justifiable - Cavani no longer has the standing, which is why nobody else in Europe went near him, until we bumbled onto the scene with our desperate selves.

It's not our fault Daniel Levy is a cheap cnut.
See above. You can count on one hand forwards on more money than that in the league. All of them at least have logic behind what they're paid, too. Cavani hasn't been able to find a club because he's no longer a forward clubs are prepared to risk those kind of wages on.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why do people keep banging on about crosses? We aren't signing a lamp post. Anyone ever watched the guy play at all?

ti vu

Anyone comparing Cavani to Zlatan, clearly haven't followed French football. As far apart in style, leadership, fitness and where their career are at the time they had this move.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
No it implies we are planning ahead for Ighalo leaving, not bringing in a replacement for Ighalo this window would have been poor planning
We should've been doing that from the moment we signed him, not 2 days before the window closes.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He does. Matt Judge too, just poorly ran overall.

But I can't see him selling much shirts, it's just a desperate last minute signing. Someone better than no one kinda deal.
Everyone is laughing at us. And they are right to. Reminds me of this...

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
See above. You can count on one hand forwards on more money than that in the league. All of them at least have logic behind what they're paid, too. Cavani hasn't been able to find a club because he's no longer a forward clubs are prepared to risk those kind of wages on.
He's arguably better than most forwards in the league.

DoomSlayer

You're making zero sense, unless you think we should not have extended him at the time and risked having only on striker for the following season
So it makes sense paying, apparently, a worthless player, paying his club so he stays for a few matches more and then don't even play again after signing Cavani?

I'm sure that was the genius master-plan all along, only people with 200 IQ can understand the reasoning behind our club's inability to spend money efficiently.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Anyone comparing Cavani to Zlatan, clearly haven't followed French football. As far apart in style, leadership, fitness and where their career are at the time they had this move.
That's not really what the people who actually follow french football have been reporting. It's been nothing but positive .

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

If he was the cherry on top to a Summer that included Sancho, DVDB and Telles, I'd be somewhat impressed. Right now it feels like utter, utter panic.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Re: Sancho

JuSt pAy DoRtMuNd ThE mOnEy FFS yOu InCoMpEtEnT fOoL

That’s how this works right?

Our fans are such babies. Never know what they actually want. This forum can be such a joke at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.