Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonzo1

Reckon he'll get 8-10 goals this season, which will be a decent return.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who actually cares about a shirt number at this point with the state our squads in?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
To be fair that shirt is a death knell to anyone wearing it at the moment.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'm warming up to this. I reckon think he could surprise a few people.
Perhaps he is the type of striker that will thrive off the delivery from Telles....?
It's still a very expensive gamble though, and he was obviously no where near Ole wanted list.

wr8_utd

:'(
Great signing on a short term basis and a much better option than Ighalo. Not sure why anyone would complain about this.

Infestissumam

don't care about the number to be honest. There's been so many underwhelming players who wore that shirt for us, not sure it's that big of a deal anymore.

Kopral Jono

Perhaps he is the type of striker that will thrive off the delivery from Telles....?
It's still a very expensive gamble though, and he was obviously no where near Ole wanted list.
Possibly. I can't say for sure. The fact that I'm warming up to this signing is not based on logic but rather gut feeling, so I could be very wrong.

b20times

This is just getting embarrassing. I know in the past its been Larsen and Zlatan but Cavani is past it. If he couldn't displace chopu-moting, who used to be at Stoke i might add, how the heck is he displacing any of the forwards here?
More money wasted, 10m to his agent, what on earth? I don't usually complain on here but this transfer is just trying to make us headline news again when in reality it isnt. One newspaper even said it's a marquee signing! Obviously a small marquee. Really fluffed off about this.

Deery

Dreary
Not bothered if he gets the number 7 shirt he is Edinson Cavani after all, a least he’ll look good in it..

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Marketing, which is the bread and butter of Manchester United. Let's not forget we are an advertising platform first and foremost.
Think we had 7, 15, 19 and 20 free out of lower numbers. He wore 7 before, so it makes sense. It is just a number after all, especially considering who wore it in the last 10 years.

All that said, if I see a piano anywhere near him I might kill someone.

ghagua

Not sure how he will do in the Premier League, but what he will bring is some balls and attitude to the team. Watched him many times, he will not hide like a pussy during games. If we can create, he will bang them in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Who cares what shirt number he wears? As long as he does his job he can wear 69 for all I care.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Hope we give him the captains armband too
:lol:

Cavani isn't match fit, so I don't see how we will see him on the pitch anytime soon, unless Ole plays him for 20 minutes initially and then gradually increases his match time with every game.
Also, does Cavani speak English? If not, this would cause a problem.

Should've got a 20 year old RW, who is rated as one of the best in the World.
Instead we are signing a 33 year old has-been (no disrespect to Cavani), who nobody else wanted.

And I'm not sure if fans even know who/what we are signing.
Cavani - is 33, who scored 4 league goals last season.
We got Telles - who is a LB for Porto (he is not joining from one of the top tier leagues). He won't be ousting Luke Shaw as 1st choice unless Shaw's form drops to levels not seen before.
DVDB - our best signing, by a big margin. No complaints on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.