Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Hopefully the fact that he hasn't played in a long time means his body has properly recuperated.

Kaos

Hopefully the fact that he hasn't played in a long time means his body has properly recuperated.
Also means his match fitness will be non-existent. Not sure how some of us are expecting him to go straight into the starting 11 to replace the suspended Martial.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If he gets the 7 it is the clearest sign that the club is actually being run by Liverpool and City. Woodward has to be an inside man. No one can actually be this incompetent.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It's weird that we appear to be sitting on the Cavani announcement as some kind of 'big news'. Feels like the board is more detached from the fanbase than ever before.

It's never been more apparent that they don't have a clue

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That'll be that then.

DVB, Telles and Cavani, that's more than enough to avoid relegation.

Good times :)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I'm not praising the Glazers ... Leeches or not, they support the club more than arsenals owners have or even spurs.
Not true. The owners of Spurs have spent around £1 billion on a new stadium complex and a new training centre.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Do we have anybody in our squad that could help him settle? Considering his age and culture shock, I imagine he would need someone to help him

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Not true. The owners of Spurs have spent around £1 billion on a new stadium complex and a new training centre.
How much of that is made up of their own money?

The issue with the Glazers is that they have taken £1bn out of the club since they bought it in dividends and debt repayments and the club funds its own spending. I wonder what the figures are like for Spurs?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well it is desperation... but firstly, he isn't signed yet. And secondly, if we do get him, he will be the only recognised striker that we have.. .apart from Ighalo who is clearly just a sub. Martial is learning the role. Desperation does not mean that it makes sense. If a player of his calibre is around, we have nothing to lose really when he is on a free.
I don’t see why signing a back up striker when we need a backup striker is painted as desperation. Under the same set of circumstances, this word would not be used to describe the same deal with literally any other club.

Is every non-three month saga now some sort of panic? All summer the press have said we wanted a striker. Now we got one, they are not satisfied that they had been briefed about him months before or something.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
How much of that is made up of their own money?

The issue with the Glazers is that they have taken £1bn out of the club since they bought it in dividends and debt repayments and the club funds its own spending. I wonder what the figures are like for Spurs?
In the end it's all from their own money (they own the club, therefore they own the income from it): if you borrow money to help you buy a house, you still have to pay off the mortgage from your own money.

Spurs shareholders have taken no dividends for many years ... to help fund the new stadium and training centre.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but these are the frankly uneducated ones which I dislike. The Glazers have done a million and one things wrong since their unfortunate takeover, but let me sum it up. The money spent is all from the revenue generated by Manchester United Football Club, and none from the leeches’ pockets. Instead, they have taken out something like a Billion Pounds. Are you praising them for not taking out more? They’ve also done things like hire Woodward just to earn them more money. Seriously, please stop being an apologist of those horrible parasites. I apologise for being so harsh, but you need to see that the Glazers are the primary problem, or else you’re playing a part in the club’s decline.

The Glazers are the lowest of the low.
Well said

b20times

I can only imagine the official video of him signing is one of him shuffling into the centre circle with the help of a zimmer frame.

Toad

That, and the fact it pretty much confirms we're not signing a RW.

They'll be stupid to announce this before the deadline passes.
They are just giving him the number 7 to try to make people believe it’s a huge marquee signing.

Steven-UK

This is a huge signing to be honest. Big player but on the wrong side of 30 but always puts in 100%. Hopefully he gets himself fit real quick when now Martial is out for three games
It really isn't. It's totally underwhelming...

Steven-UK

Cavani, a once great player is now 33. I cannot believe he figured in your transfer strategy this summer. Smacks more of desperation. Falcao, Schweinsteiger spring to mind.
100% desperation, and penny pinching. As an Arsenal fan, you are right to gloat at how far we have fallen.

Steven-UK

The amount of people on here saying "great short-term solution", "better option than Ighalo", etc. etc...

We have had all transfer window to do our business, and United fans are crowing at the thought of signing a crocked has-been as our saviour.

You could make it up how bad our once great club is now being run, and the low expectations we have grown to enjoy :lol::lol::lol:

Season ticket holders will be queuing up overnight to renew their tickets..... NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.