Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's holding this one up? I wonder if theyre doing a daft announcement video or something.

Rooney1987

What's holding this one up? I wonder if they're doing a daft announcement video or something.
They're waiting till the last min to announce , they'll think it will gloss over all the bad Sancho and Dembele news. Won't work obviously.

RedCurry

I think this will be an okay signing. He brings experience and an aerial ability that we have sorely lacked up front. I like when we buy players who add a different dimension to our squad. I assume most posters who are slating this transfer are still (rightly)frustrated that we didn't get Sancho but you gotta judge each transfer on its own merit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think this will be an okay signing. He brings experience and an aerial ability that we have sorely lacked up front. I like when we buy players who add a different dimension to our squad. I assume most posters who are slating this transfer are still (rightly)frustrated that we didn't get Sancho but you gotta judge each transfer on its own merit.
Yeah, I'm in this category. I like that if fit, he can offer an alternative to changing a game, rather than just bringing on quick players.

Toad

He must’ve been living it when he saw Martial getting sent off. Straight into the lineup.

Who isn’t? You can honestly say you are happy with how it’s all going at the moment?
Nope, I’m not.

I’m happy we’ve finally brought an actual striker into the squad though. The number 7 means feck all these days, SAF saw to that on purpose.
Happy about a new LB.

Disappointed to feck about the window in it’s entirety, but this transfer has real merit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
So long as he's still got it, it's a needed move. Having only Martial (Ighalo is at best a placeholder) is madness.

I've heard people say Martial should be the undisputed #9 but I disagree. He should compete for his place. If a player doesn't like that then they don't have the required mentality (not saying he doesn't). Hopefully this spurs him on.

United Hobbit

as he's a free agent can we sign him after the window closes or does he still have to be before 11?

Deery

Dreary
On the aspect of the number 7 why didn’t rashford ever get it, he’s much more of a 7 than he is a 10.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Presume there is no deadline for a free agent even if there was a problem with image rights?

United Hobbit

There is a deadline for champions league player registrations. So if we want him for CL, then...
Maybe he's having doubts after yesterday...

He will surely be useful for the CL as he's got experience playing in it so we need to get on with it... trouble is we've already done a deal today we can't do more than 1...

Ronaldo's Love Child

Do we have anybody in our squad that could help him settle? Considering his age and culture shock, I imagine he would need someone to help him
Maybe not in the squad but Maureen in the canteen has been to Spain a few times so can probably help him out a little bit.

Matt6677

Why is he getting the no.7 shirt?

Feck right off! We're a joke seriously

tjb

The same people complaining are the ones who didnt like the idea of haaland or sanchez because it would hurt rashford or martial. Cavani is a rotation striker, someone who will supplement him. The question is, do you guys trust Martial or not?

tjb

Secondly, we are clearly penny pinching so that we can get sancho when we have the requisite funds to do so. It's the reason why we didnt sign dembele. We clearly made more losses due to covid than expected. Yet people want us to spend like lockdown hasn't affected us.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What's holding this one up? I wonder if theyre doing a daft announcement video or something.
Think they're getting him a combine harvester to ride in on, with his recent farming exploits, perfect simultaneous announcement with our new heavy farming machinery sponsor.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Think they're getting him a combine harvester to ride in on, with his recent farming exploits, perfect simultaneous announcement with our new heavy farming machinery sponsor.
A new one? Yanmar must be pretty fecked off.

TJ Reid

Supports
Arsenal
100% desperation, and penny pinching. As an Arsenal fan, you are right to gloat at how far we have fallen.
I‘m not gloating. I’m hardly in a position to do so. I’ve been disappointed how far we have fallen. Though I’m impressed so far with what Arteta has achieved.
i think Covid has meant much less money around but I saw a stat which said Man Utd have spent 1 billion since Fergie left so money might now finally be a problem for you. To be honest, this season has been quite refreshing so far. As much as I’d like to think we have a chance, the reality is we might at best scrape top 4. Once you go down it takes years to get back. Frankly, I would prefer Everton or Aston Villa to win the title than any other top 6 team. Probably won’t happen. But, at the end of the day, support your team. It might be a bad season but in time you’ll bounce back. Football goes in cycles.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe, if it were me I'd have him doing more ballet, before Ole comes and lifts him above his head Dirty Dancing style.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maybe, if it were me I'd have him doing more ballet, before Ole comes and lifts him above his head Dirty Dancing style.
There's a deep fake to be done here. Or even just one of those Joe videos.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What time does the window officially shut?

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
What time does the window officially shut?
Depends where you're purchasing from by the sounds of it, but midnight here. Bare in mind though that Cavani is a free agent, SSN were saying that means it doesn't need to be done tonight for some reason.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Who’s staying up until midnight for the big revealing of our number 7?!

RUCK4444

He’s getting a kicking on here already. It’s not his fault we can’t get our shite together and sign Sancho.

From what we know of the player he gives his all and was a very good player, let’s hope he can recapture some of that and he treats this like he has a point to prove.

But can we try to treat the signing for what it is rather than the punchline to the Sancho saga? It’s tiresome already.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Who’s staying up until midnight for the big revealing of our number 7?!
Me! Will be 1:00 am in Germany. The club will probably announce it as late as possible to celebrate themselves after every other PL transfer has been announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.