Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

I think for me the issue is if we decide to wait for Camavinga to make his mind up on the last day when PSG don't come in, then we are going to either get nobody for our midfield or we end up buying someone else at a higher cost in desperation. Chances are we aren't signing a midfielder full stop, and possibly has been our position for sometime now.

RkkMan

Imagine if the world was as dramatic as it is in your head.
It's not drama it's the truth
I'm not making it up that we already talked to his people Ducker, Luckhurst and French Papers have said it. If he wanted to be here we'd have done the deal by now and if he happens to join us in the last days after being forced to settle for his last option he only comes here out of convenience not own will which does NOT paint a good picture

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think we really need to sell some players to be make buying someone else comfortable. Lingard, Jones, Pereira, Dalot etc. all still at the club. If they don't go on perms I would expect last minute loans at least.

Tarrou

I'm not making it up that we already talked to his people Ducker, Luckhurst and French Papers have said it. If he wanted to be here we'd have done the deal by now and if he happens to join us in the last days after being forced to settle for his last option he only comes here out of convenience not own will which does NOT paint a good picture
there is no way of knowing this

we could be negotiating or trying to shift some before we commit to another big purchase, it's impossible to know really

nothing about our transfer dealings in recent years suggests it's as simple as you make it to be

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Ok.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think for me the issue is if we decide to wait for Camavinga to make his mind up on the last day when PSG don't come in..
I just don't get the impression that he will "make up his mind" and choose between either PSG or United.
It seems to me, that he will sit tight until January, and then he has the choice of every major club in Europe.
He really doesn't need to rush into anything.

RkkMan

there is no way of knowing this

we could be negotiating or trying to shift some before we commit to another big purchase, it's impossible to know really

nothing about our transfer dealings in recent years suggests it's as simple as you make it to be
He has one year left on his contract, one of the best upcoming midfield talents, little to no immediate competition for him and available for a cheap fee. Do you really think a deal like this is so complicated compared to Sancho/Varane? Again if he wanted to be here we'd have completed this deal by now
Everything went silent after the initial news of our interest and consequent news he preferred PSG/Spain
And if you've been following our recent transfer dealings you'd know we only ever approach the club when we get the green light from the player rarely if ever the other way round

Tarrou

He has one year left on his contract, one of the best upcoming midfield talents, little to no immediate competition for him and available for a cheap fee. Do you really think a deal like this is so complicated compared to Sancho/Varane? Again if he wanted to be here we'd have completed this deal by now
Everything went silent after the initial news of our interest and consequent news he preferred PSG/Spain
And if you've been following our recent transfer dealings you'd know we only ever approach the club when we get the green light from the player rarely if ever the other way round
okay assuming all this is correct

so what if we need to sell before we can buy?

RkkMan

okay assuming all this is correct

so what if we need to sell before we can buy?
I don't think the sell to buy thing is completely set in stone
We signed Varane despite having 5CBs on our books
Signed Sancho despite having like 7/8 wingers on our books
Camavinga is one of those opportunities you make exceptions for IF THEY WANT TO JOIN and we probably sell Pereira later this window anyway so you dont need to sell immediately

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You're conveniently forgetting Rennes in this scenario. The amount being quoted for him varies quite significantly, so there's a strong chance we could be waiting for the price to come down. For what it's worth, I don't believe he's particularly bothered about coming to us, but I also don't think it won't happen because it hasn't already happened. We also can't register him unless we sell two players.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How do you know that we haven't had very positive talks with him but need to confirm outgoings before we can commit? Seems equally plausible to me

mu4c_20le

That is not truth that is your own speculation :lol:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why can't people understand that different people will have different opinions about a lot of subjects? Why do people have to come after another poster with sarcastic comments? There is a way to put your point across without being an imbecile. Read my first post, read how the original responder acted, then the follow up by the guy who had no clue to what was going on, then you come into it as well. Like I said in an earlier post, people just want to keep their post count up.
The audacity. :lol: The first line of the post you made that started this began:

"Guess people did not learn anything about the episode with Di Maria to still want Camavinga."

Almost like, you know, you can't seem to understand people have different opinions about the subject...

redrobed

Who cares if he doesn’t want to come? Sign him anyway. He’s a Utd player if ever I saw one.

Faetheshire86

You're conveniently forgetting Rennes in this scenario. The amount being quoted for him varies quite significantly, so there's a strong chance we could be waiting for the price to come down. For what it's worth, I don't believe he's particularly bothered about coming to us, but I also don't think it won't happen because it hasn't already happened. We also can't register him unless we sell two players.
Completely agree. If we are interested in him and if he is willing to come here, I don't see us being in a rush to meet Rennes asking price. The closer to the deadline we get, the closer they get to loosing one of their biggest assets for free and the more their asking price will come down.

If he isn't interested in coming, I'm sure we've been made aware and moved on by now

DickDastardly

Oh yeah.

It's a waiting game. See who blinks first.

This whole window is a waiting game. Everybody seems to be waiting.
We did a fecking fantastic job with Sancho and Varane.

If Camavinga comes, it's the cherry OVER the top.
He's still very young.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Completely agree. If we are interested in him and if he is willing to come here, I don't see us being in a rush to meet Rennes asking price. The closer to the deadline we get, the closer they get to loosing one of their biggest assets for free and the more their asking price will come down.

If he isn't interested in coming, I'm sure we've been made aware and moved on by now
Yeah, there are a hell a lot of assumptions that have to be made to have a definitive standpoint on this transfer. Think people expect in an age of Romano, regular updates. When really, there isn't any and won't be for a bit.

izec

I dont think the club is that naive to wait until the last day on Camavinga. Not if we seriously want to sign a midfielder. We will have a list and will work on it. Some deals can be done quicker than others i.e. Neves i imagine.

SATA

I think he will go somewhere before the window closes. Rennes has made it absolutely clear that they do not want to lose him on a free next year. I also can't see him signing a new contract

RkkMan

Rennes are apparently quoting €40m which isn't really ridiculous money for a talented 18yr old. We're be wasting a lot of time if we think we can buy for something like €20/25m.
Look at how we looked to conclude the Sancho/Varane deals quickly and look at how we've gone silent on Cama since talk of other preferences came up look into that what you will
How do you know that we haven't had very positive talks with him but need to confirm outgoings before we can commit? Seems equally plausible to me
Going by what the reliable papers(including those close to Utd like James Ducker who's highly rated even here) even in France are saying and I'd rather take the word of credible people than live in biased hopeful thoughts
That is not truth that is your own speculation :lol:
Look at how we swiftly looked to do deals for Varane/Sancho after personal terms were done. We wouldn't be going through a ridiculous level of hassle and bassle for a fee only to be rejected by the player like Spurs with Kounde early in the window

Giggsy13

Isn’t the latest rumour that his agent is pushing for a move here but the player wants a move to Spain? He may choose to stay put and sign an extension so Rennes can recover a fee next season. My feeling is that Madrid will have the funds available next season to start their new rebuild with Mbappe and Camavinga.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
If Patrice Evra was asked "Real Madrid or Manchester United, pick one" when he was a Monaco player. There is every possibility that he would have chosen Real Madrid.

Just a point to illustrate the fact that not being a player's "ideal destination" really isn't something to be overly fussed about.

GledTheRed

I just don't get the impression that he will "make up his mind" and choose between either PSG or United.
It seems to me, that he will sit tight until January, and then he has the choice of every major club in Europe.
He really doesn't need to rush into anything.
If his club accepts an offer he'll move.

Judas

Open to offers
If Patrice Evra was asked "Real Madrid or Manchester United, pick one" when he was a Monaco player. There is every possibility that he would have chosen Real Madrid.

Just a point to illustrate the fact that not being a player's "ideal destination" really isn't something to be overly fussed about.
Yep. I've been thinking about this as a perfect example. Players often grow to love a club, there's no way Evra had anywhere near the passion for us before he joined, now look at him.

Camavinga just needs to be sold the club well, no disneyland shite.

I still have a sneaky feeling this'll be done.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Rennes are apparently quoting €40m which isn't really ridiculous money for a talented 18yr old. We're be wasting a lot of time if we think we can buy for something like €20/25m.
Look at how we looked to conclude the Sancho/Varane deals quickly and look at how we've gone silent on Cama since talk of other preferences came up look into that what you will
What? These have been deals in the making for about 2 years apparently by all reports.
Also, reports aren't consistent in the 40m figure either.

RkkMan

Well yeah that is true.

Although technically we shouldn't know as we aren't meant to speak to players under contact....
We spoke to Sancho and Varane despite them being under contract with permission from their clubs before agreeing a fee
Utd are 100% not sending a bid for Camavinga until they're sure he'd say yes

RkkMan

Difference is Evra jumped at the chance to join Utd when the opportunity arose immediately Camavinga is making us wait to see if his preferred options make a move and he may still say no to leave in a year when they will. We're not every player's ideal destinations but we shouldn't be treated as a side option and just accept it with a blind eye.

Tarrou

a lot of posters still have a form of PTSD after we lost Ronaldo to Madrid

any sniff of them around a player these days and they're persona non grata!

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Difference is Evra jumped at the chance to join Utd when the opportunity arose immediately Camavinga is making us wait to see if his preferred options make a move and he may still say no to leave in a year when they will. We're not every player's ideal destinations but we shouldn't be treated as a side option and just accept it with a blind eye.
Are you sure that is the case? I bet Woodward & Co are waiting around to try low-balling Rennes with an offer at the end of the transfer window. They probably should too.

Alot of attention on Camavinga prefering Real or PSG, but for some reason he chose an english agent with all of their players in the PL. Konate really wanted to go to the PL and did the same. Just like most clubs was desperate for Camavinga, most agents probably where too. But he went for ICM Stellar Sports.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We spoke to Sancho and Varane despite them being under contract with permission from their clubs before agreeing a fee
yeah it’s too much work without the player giving the full go ahead. I get that. We’ve got neves there as the backup. We will sign one of them.

Andrew7582

Some people want that. Plenty of others want to continue with two defensively solid midfielders but want to get significantly better ball-playing ability that our current options (particularly McTominay) provide. That's where Neves in theory might work well, playing next to Fred or McTominay to improve our creativity and control without leaving us more open defensively.

I have question marks over whether he's good enough to be the answer, but he is the right 'type' of player to provide what I think we should be working towards.
That's fair, if we stick with the same setup he could be an interesting option. I'm not sure where that would leave Van De Beek though, him and Neves in a two wouldn't work.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

Yeah, he’s a kid that grew up watching a national hero peel off trophy after trophy at Madrid. Then he saw the next great Brazilian player along with the next great French player join PSG and get paid.

Of course they’re at the top of his list. How is this consideration lost on people?

Redcy

Are you sure that is the case? I bet Woodward & Co are waiting around to try low-balling Rennes with an offer at the end of the transfer window. They probably should too.

Alot of attention on Camavinga prefering Real or PSG, but for some reason he chose an english agent with all of their players in the PL. Konate really wanted to go to the PL and did the same. Just like most clubs was desperate for Camavinga, most agents probably where too. But he went for ICM Stellar Sports.
bollocks, people roll out this fact as though it has any meaning at all....

If he wanted to come for definite we would already have bid for him, we would not be taking a chance of PSG gazumping us

Strelok

Agreed. There's no point in sending a bid unless we know the player would like to join us.

Status
Not open for further replies.