Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I have not been on here for a while but last time I was the young man had not even mentioned any interest from Manchester United but that he was flattered that Real and Bayern were interested in him.
Has there been any significant change and that does not include muppetry?

Dante

Average bang
Imo i don't think Utd are seriously interested or else we would have done something by now.
It's no surprise nothing has happened so far. This is going to go down to the wire.

United won't show interest in Camavinga until PSG make a formal bid for Pogba. Otherwise PSG will know we have a contingency plan in place and will try to lowball us on their offer.

United, PSG and Rennes are all in a standoff waiting to see who'll blink first. Whatever happens, it won't be decided until the last few days of the window when everyone gets desperate.

Bondi77

It's no surprise nothing has happened so far. This is going to go down to the wire.

United won't show interest in Camavinga until PSG make a formal bid for Pogba. Otherwise PSG will know we have a contingency plan in place and will try to lowball us on their offer.

United, PSG and Rennes are all in a standoff waiting to see who'll blink first. Whatever happens, it won't be decided until the last few days of the window when everyone gets desperate.
Camavinga does not play in the same position as Pogba though does he?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Camavinga does not play in the same position as Pogba though does he?
He plays in several positions, so it would depend what Pogba you are talking about. By all accounts he's a more combative midfielder that thrives carrying the ball and is comfortable playing box to box, but doesn't quite possess Pogba's elegance or technique (although few do). In general though yes he would replace Pogba alongside Fred/another DM behind Bruno

Bondi77

He plays in several positions, so it would depend what Pogba you are talking about. By all accounts he's a more combative midfielder that thrives carrying the ball and is comfortable playing box to box, but doesn't quite possess Pogba's elegance or technique (although few do). In general though yes he would replace Pogba alongside Fred/another DM behind Bruno
I thought he was a DM and that was the position of concern to us as we have at least three box to box midfielders currently at the club.
Pogba is not a DM .

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You can go to Austria and do the same thing. Win the league and qualify for the UCL. It’s the money that’s the deciding factor.
Yes. An advantage that often has played in the favor of English clubs and the biggest Spanish clubs in the past at the detriment of clubs from poorer leagues. There’s just more competition now and it makes it more difficult to just snatch up any up talent from abroad. Also let’s be real, PSG has now been in the semi-final twice in a row, it’s not just about playing in the CL, it’s going far in the competition and it’s one of the teams that can do it.

Halftrack

Would be a good addition, but I'm skeptical of players who are, well, skeptical of coming here.
How's trying to be polite to someone rude toxic. :lol:

Tried my best.
Not to be a dick, but you came off as anything but polite in that exchange, and I'm curious as to where you think you were being polite.

mav_9me

I thought he was a DM and that was the position of concern to us as we have at least three box to box midfielders currently at the club.
Pogba is not a DM .
Camavinga is not a DM. He does a lot of things very well, but his role and position are not well defined. That's part of his appeal, in that he can be molded into many types of midfielder. The one thing I don't see him becoming is a sitting DM like Busquets/Matic/Carrick etc. Feels like he is too good on the ball (carrying the ball rather than amazing passing) to restrict him like that.

Bondi77

Camavinga is not a DM. He does a lot of things very well, but his role and position are not well defined. That's part of his appeal, in that he can be molded into many types of midfielder. The one thing I don't see him becoming is a sitting DM like Busquets/Matic/Carrick etc. Feels like he is too good on the ball (carrying the ball rather than amazing passing) to restrict him like that.
Do you watch him regularly?
I thought we were targeting a DM and if that is the case I cannot even see our interest in him then as we have Mejbri already at the club and he fits the brief in being the multi functional midfielder.

hungrywing

Would be a good addition, but I'm skeptical of players who are, well, skeptical of coming here.

Not to be a dick, but you came off as anything but polite in that exchange, and I'm curious as to where you think you were being polite.
He or she called the post dumb, I offered to explain it to him/her in spite of that. How is that anything but. Especially when he or she was so off base that anyone would have been justified in simply writing them off as beyond help.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I really don't understand this club. We have Pogba and Lingard on their last year of contract. We also have Matic and Mata whose legs are gone. Then there's Camavinga whose probably the most talented CM of his generation, whose in his last year of contract and is available at around 30m. FFS United should dig deep in their pockets and get him. If needs be we should use next year's budget or sell frigging JLingz and Periera on cheap

Also let's stop with this Trippier nonsense. If we truly believe that AWB is good enough then he doesn't need a near 31 year old upgrade to come in to add competition. Just let him play week in week out and he'll iron his weaknesses on his own just as the likes of Gaz, Fletcher and McT did/are doing. This learning by watching nonsense rarely work. Young players need regular football

mav_9me

Do you watch him regularly?
I thought we were targeting a DM and if that is the case I cannot even see our interest in him then as we have Mejbri already at the club and he fits the brief in being the multi functional midfielder.
Not regularly. I have seen 4-5 games. But it's kinda obvious. Thing is he is a generational talent, and available for 30m or so. I have high hopes for Mejbri too and if he was in Ligue 1, he probably would be a similar talent, but you can't have enough of these exceptional talents.

georgipep

I really don't understand this club. We have Pogba and Lingard on their last year of contract. We also have Matic and Mata whose legs are gone. Then there's Camavinga whose probably the most talented CM of his generation, whose in his last year of contract and is available at around 30m. FFS United should dig deep in their pockets and get him. If needs be we should use next year's budget or sell frigging JLingz and Periera on cheap

Also let's stop with this Trippier nonsense. If we truly believe that AWB is good enough then he doesn't need a near 31 year old upgrade to come in to add competition. Just let him play week in week out and he'll iron his weaknesses on his own just as the likes of Gaz, Fletcher and McT did/are doing. This learning by watching nonsense rarely work. Young players need regular football
I guess no one should ask Camavinga if he wants to come, right?

georgipep

Again, you're reiterating the underlying obvious points. What's being discussed on this end is a layer deeper. Hence the last part of the original post about him only having one 'realistic' offer on the table, since neither PSG nor Real are pushing the boat out for him.

Also both 1) and 2) are assumptions. It's now even clearer you're not getting that 1) was never said. It'd be a more nuanced situation where he wants PSG or Real, doesn't absolutely hate the idea of joining us. I sort of shouldn't have to repeat that part since it was explicitly stated twice now, but whatever.

It's kind of looking like your initial post was a correct gauge of your grasp and it might not be worth going with the longer version which would have been a Great Expectations type retelling of a literary illustration of the situation with you as the main character for immersion's sake.
And what are you doing here, stating facts?

Lynty

I think Rennes have been a bit naive in being so open about their desire to sell this window.

I fully expect clubs to wait until the very end of the window to make any formal bids, and there will be no time to haggle.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Currently watching the Rennes game just to see camavinga in action and he’s looking really good but doesn’t look like the midfield player we need. He’s like a box to box he makes a lot of runs forward, he’s got pace, similar to a Kante style. I think we need someone to hold there position in DM and protect the back 4. Camavinga also has the number 10 at Rennes, that’s a weird number for a supposedly DM?

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Currently watching the Rennes game just to see camavinga in action and he’s looking really good but doesn’t look like the midfield player we need. He’s like a box to box he makes a lot of runs forward, he’s got pace, similar to a Kante style. I think we need someone to hold there position in DM and protect the back 4. Camavinga also has the number 10 at Rennes, that’s a weird number for a supposedly DM?
Do anyone think he is a dm ? He has never been as his best attributes is his runs with the ball. Imo he is a Pogba replacement and will only be bought if we sell him. No i dont think they are similar players, but they both play box to box. Camavinga might even be better suited for our midfield as Pogbas best position is the most advanced in a midfield 3, but there we have Bruno so.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is what I have been saying too. For me going for Camavinga is to potentially add the better version of Fred to our squad before he gets too expensive later on.

M16Red

Seems to be playing on the right and doesn't look defensive at all

izec

Camavinga to us is realisitc. I mean if Spurs can get Martinez from Inter, Camavinga to us should be feasible, seeing as Real, Barca and PSG wont put in a bid. Someone needs to convince him of our project, simple as, and he will move quickly.

Giggsy13

The club is terrible at selling or evaluating players and managing their contracts. We let Pogba’s contract run down but then gave extensions to Jones and Rojo. The latter we could’ve sold to Everton for £25 million a few years ago, but then refused to do so because we considered them a top 4 rival!

Now we’re doing the same by demanding a ridiculous fee for Andreas Pereira, who is a borderline premier league player and refusing to move on from Lingard. This summer presents a unique opportunity to strengthen where Madrid and Barca are out of the running on any major deal. We should be looking to add players like Camavinga or Neves and worrying about sales later. Yet it seems we’re going to end the window off on a bit of a sour note when it’s largely been a success thus far.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Kanté might press high up and carry the ball well but that doesn't mean he's not a DM. End of the day if your job is primarily to win the ball back and then lay in the attackers you're essentially a (deluxe) DM, doesn't matter where you win the ball.

Nori-

As much as I want this guy at United, I'm getting bad vibes.

Everything suggests we are not his first choice, he wants one of the big two in Spain. If he does join us, that's all he will be working towards, a Spain move. He won't be at United because he wants to be here. We would be a stepping stone, nothing else. The second he becomes a top player, he will be looking for the exit and we will have wasted 2/3 years making a star for another club to enjoy.

Sadly I think we should give him a miss.

Polar

He is a great talent and eventually a long term investment, but I don’t think he will improve us much in a short term perspective (what we need in order to fight for titles). That’s the most important thing right now, and that’s also why I don’t care to much if we sign him or not. It would eventually be a nice bonus.

devilish

I must have missed those, can you send links?
Do your own research starting from Fabrizio Romano. Why on earth would an 18 year old close the door at Manchester United's face. He might have PSG as his personal first option but heart but at his age he cant risk being frozen out out of the team. Thus unless PSG comes with a good offer then he simply can't afford pissing Rennes off.

devilish

No. His agent wants him to come to United. He wants Spain.
According to Romano he wants PSG but he's open to other options. We're talking about an 18 year old here. He can't afford pissing Rennes else he risk being frozen out of the team. So he'll go were they tell him to go. Manchester United is a great option. We're not talking about Brackley Town, Barnet, Chesterfield or Tottenham here.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
According to Romano he wants PSG but he's open to other options. We're talking about an 18 year old here. He can't afford pissing Rennes else he risk being frozen out of the team. So he'll go were they tell him to go. Manchester United is a great option. We're not talking about Brackley Town, Barnet, Chesterfield or Tottenham here.
So again you have provided no evidence that he actually wants to come to United. Not surprised actually. Maybe the sooner you come down from your high horse and realize United isn’t the only big club and not all young players with potential would want to come to Manchester and play for us, the better.

Also pissing Rennes off? Frozen out of the team?:lol: you do know he has less than a year left in his contract? He holds the cards here. Not Rennes. They don’t tell him what to do. He decides if he leaves this summer or wait next summer and leave for free.

georgipep

Do your own research starting from Fabrizio Romano. Why on earth would an 18 year old close the door at Manchester United's face. He might have PSG as his personal first option but heart but at his age he cant risk being frozen out out of the team. Thus unless PSG comes with a good offer then he simply can't afford pissing Rennes off.
Who said he has closed the door in anyone's face? Many sources report that he likes La Liga and wants to play there. If he is waiting for Barca/Real to come for him, I don't see it as a stretch to believe he will not accept to join us.

devilish

So again you have provided no evidence that he actually wants to come to United. Not surprised actually. Maybe the sooner you come down from your high horse and realize United isn’t the only big club and not all young players with potential would want to come to Manchester and play for us, the better.

Also pissing Rennes off? Frozen out of the team?:lol: you do know he has less than a year left in his contract? He holds the cards here. Not Rennes. They don’t tell him what to do. He decides if he leaves this summer or wait next summer and leave for free.
Where did I said we're the only big club in the world? What I said is that if United comes knocking then he'll be interested in our offer. You might not notice but football is in a proper mess at the moment. The Italians take our shit and are able to win league titles with it, Barcelona can't even afford to re sign Messi, the German league is owned by Bayern Munich....all that's left with serious money are 4-5 EPL clubs and PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.