Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Who said he has closed the door in anyone's face? Many sources report that he likes La Liga and wants to play there. If he is waiting for Barca/Real to come for him, I don't see it as a stretch to believe he will not accept to join us.
Spanish clubs are financially busted. Sure Camavinga can stay another year and leave for free. However Rennes can also send him rotting in the reserves as well. The Football industry tend to have many people in it who has a short memory. No 18 year old would risk being frozen out.

So if United makes him an interested offer then I believe that he'll give it a serious look. Many journalists including Romano and Falk agree to that.

georgipep

Spanish clubs are financially busted. Sure Camavinga can stay another year and leave for free. However Rennes can also send him rotting in the reserves as well. The Football industry tend to have many people in it who has a short memory. No 18 year old would risk being frozen out.

So if United makes him an interested offer then I believe that he'll give it a serious look. Many journalists including Romano and Falk agree to that.
When was the last time a club sent their player to the reserves for running down their contract?

devilish

I’m sure his agent is telling him it’s going to be a messy few years for la liga. PL is where it’s at yo!
I remember the Freddy Adu hysteria. The guy burst into scene when he played against Italy U17 and literally humiliated them at age 13. By the end of that year the word had spread around and he had a courting list of clubs which was as long as an arm. There was us, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juve, Inter, Milan, Porto and Sporting. His mum decided to keep him in the MLS so he could remain with family instead. In few years time he was all but forgotten.

devilish

When was the last time a club sent their player to the reserves for running down their contract?
We did it with Pogba first time round.

You might be too young to remember the Serie A in its hay day. Compared to it today's EPL is poor. You had top top players like Batistuta, Maradona, Laudrup, Dunga and Zico playing for small teams. Brescia signed Hagi from fecking Real Madrid. When the money tree dried up the bust was violent and inevitable. La Liga is taking that same route.

Forget about names, titles, reputation and history. All that matters is ££££. Back in the day Robinho was dubbed in signing for City because he thought he's signing for us. These days City is one of the most attractive side in the world. Meanwhile no one wants to sign with AC Milan anymore.

Last edited:

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This kid was 10 the last time we won the Premier League. This is the new generation coming up that probably has not really heard of United as a powerhouse. It's like slightly older players like Sancho not really seeing AC Milan as a 'big team' anymore despite the history
Yeah but the current French superstar midfielder plays for us. As did one of their best left backs. We smashed up PSG in their own back yard in a fantastic game a couple of years back. To say that because we haven't won the league in a while means we aren't known?

georgipep

He wasn't playing for the first team on a regular basis at all. Camavinga is one of Rennes' key players. Pogba was a reserve player who made occasional appearances for the first team. Look at the games he played.

devilish

He wasn't playing for the first team on a regular basis at all. Camavinga is one of Rennes' key players. Pogba was a reserve player who made occasional appearances for the first team. Look at the games he played.
Pogba was set to be involved more regularly that year. Sir Alex himself clearly stated that he isn't going to buy a midfielder because of him. Then Mino barged in, he pissed off Sir Alex and
Pogba was as good as dead. We ended up preferring playing Rafael in midfield and bringing Scholes out of retirement to him. Its true that Camavinga has more experience. However for Rennes he's a prized asset that is given game time to boost his price. Take that away from them and there's little incentive to play him regularly. Clubs like Rennes survive on developing kids and then sell them up. They would want to make an example out of any rebel just in case another top talented kid tries to pull a fast one on them again.

Regarding the Spanish sides you might not remember the Serie A in his hay day. Compared to it, the EPL is poor. You had top top players like Batistuta, Careca, Maradona and Zico playing for small clubs. Little Brescia was able to sign Hagi from Real while Reggiana had a WC winner goalkeeper. That's how silly it was. When the money tree dried up, the change was violent, humiliating and inevitable. The same will happen in Spain unless they can come out with a creative way how to help the top clubs. The reality is that Money rules. Few years ago Robinho signed for City thinking that they were United. These days City are among the most attractive sides in the world, possibly more then we are. If you take Liverpool out of the equation, AC Milan has more CL wins then any EPL side combined. These days they are struggling to keep their own kids at the club.

Strelok

Also pissing Rennes off? Frozen out of the team?:lol: you do know he has less than a year left in his contract? He holds the cards here. Not Rennes. They don’t tell him what to do. He decides if he leaves this summer or wait next summer and leave for free.
Not really when he's a 18 yo, he must play. One year of no competitive football would seriously hamper his development.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Not really when he's a 18 yo, he must play. One year of no competitive football would seriously hamper his development.
And when was the last time a club did that to a promising youngster? It sends a wrong message to young players for the future. Also they need him so they can do better in the league cause the higher they are in the league the more they get. So you can be sure they aren’t going to freeze him out.

Last edited:

roseguy64

I think Rennes have been a bit naive in being so open about their desire to sell this window.

I fully expect clubs to wait until the very end of the window to make any formal bids, and there will be no time to haggle.
Even if they didn't say it, people would know they'd want to sell this summer. Why would they want to lose out on money when he's not signed a new deal and his current one expires next summer. Doesn't take a genius to work out that they would prefer to sell.

They're just saying what other clubs know.

Strelok

And when was the last time a club did that to a promising youngster? It sends a wrong message to young players for the future. Also they need him so they can do better in the league cause the higher they are in the league the more they get. So you can be sure they aren’t going to freeze him out.
Tbh I can't remember a similar situation where a promising youngster got frozen out because he wanted to walk on a free. But could you find a similar situation where the club still let a promising youngster play regularly when he wanted to walk on a free?

Imo letting him play would give their young players an even worse message. That they could walk on a free without any issue. Plus even if Rennes freeze him out for a year none would say it's not fair.

With him or without him Rennes is pretty much the same, a middle table club so playing him or not imo is not that important to them. It's not like without him they'd get relegated anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Tbh I can't remember a similar situation where a promising youngster got frozen out because he wanted to walk on a free. But could you find a similar situation where the club still let a promising youngster play regularly when he wanted to walk on a free?

Imo letting him play would give their young players an even worse message. That they could walk on a free without any issue. Plus even if Rennes freeze him out for a year none would say it's not fair.

With him or without him Rennes is pretty much the same, a middle table club so playing him or not imo is not that important to them. It's not like without him they'd get relegated anyway.
From memory that's what happened to Nubel but it's important to remember that it was Schalke who are one of the stupidest club in Europe.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I thought he was a DM and that was the position of concern to us as we have at least three box to box midfielders currently at the club.
Pogba is not a DM .
He's pretty moldable, you can't really say what his true position is considering he's still 17. And I know people hate saying Pogba is a DM but the reality is he often plays that position for us in the double pivot, especially against smaller sides.

devilish

I couldn't have said it better.

Lynty

Even if they didn't say it, people would know they'd want to sell this summer. Why would they want to lose out on money when he's not signed a new deal and his current one expires next summer. Doesn't take a genius to work out that they would prefer to sell.

They're just saying what other clubs know.
Its how they've gone about it.

They could have done what most teams do, create/leak stories linking him to all the top clubs. Deny that they need to sell, that a contract offer is being considered etc,etc. It would all be nonsense but it creates a sense of urgency.

By constantly acknowledging the current position, its basically declaring that he's for sale and they've not had a serious offer yet. Just about the exact thing a salesman is not supposed to do.

It would be like me listing a used car for sale, but admitting to every caller that no ones made an offer yet, but its definitely still for sale. "No, no, don't worry - I'm sure it'll still be here at the end of the month when your paid." Its naive and id be asking to be lowballed come the end of the month.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Doesn't look like he had a great game today.
Well not the complete story. Looking at the game in context, Rennes looked very rusty and were poor in possession and created very little . He was just another who was part of a very insipid performance all round.

Adcuth

Camavinga is not a DM. He does a lot of things very well, but his role and position are not well defined. That's part of his appeal, in that he can be molded into many types of midfielder. The one thing I don't see him becoming is a sitting DM like Busquets/Matic/Carrick etc. Feels like he is too good on the ball (carrying the ball rather than amazing passing) to restrict him like that.
Pretty sure he started off playing DM but they moved him forward because his attributes in attacking were better than what they had. But like if we didn't have Bruno, we'd play Lingard as a no10 more than likely. He can play there and his stats back it up, but hasn't recently for Rennes.

Adcuth

I remember the Freddy Adu hysteria. The guy burst into scene when he played against Italy U17 and literally humiliated them at age 13. By the end of that year the word had spread around and he had a courting list of clubs which was as long as an arm. There was us, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Real, Barcelona, Juve, Inter, Milan, Porto and Sporting. His mum decided to keep him in the MLS so he could remain with family instead. In few years time he was all but forgotten.
Adu came to us for a trail didnt he and we decided not to offer him a deal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

You might be too young to remember the Serie A in its hay day. Compared to it today's EPL is poor. You had top top players like Batistuta, Maradona, Laudrup, Dunga and Zico playing for small teams. Brescia signed Hagi from fecking Real Madrid. When the money tree dried up the bust was violent and inevitable. La Liga is taking that same route.

Forget about names, titles, reputation and history. All that matters is ££££. Back in the day Robinho was dubbed in signing for City because he thought he's signing for us. These days City is one of the most attractive side in the world. Meanwhile no one wants to sign with AC Milan anymore.
Hold up, that can't be true, right?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

(I don't know who the feck 'Sportybet' are, but its a well-known thing that he thought he was joining United, crazy right?)
Wow, I completely forgot that, how in the blue hell does that ever happen. Unbelievable! :lol:

Redcy

Rennes are not going to stick him in the reserve, that would be incredibly naive and counterproductive. Acting like a petty adult will not encourage new players to come to them, their youth development ranks would be decimated as parents and kids will decide not to go there. Never happening. Either he leaves on a free, or he decides to do Rennes a favour and gets to move to somewhere he is happy to go to. The reports are that we have approached his agent and team, the fact we haven't chucked a bid in suggests we don't think we can get him, why risk PSG or anyone else coming in if we don't have to? United now only make bids for players we know won't turn us down, its a marketing strategy, getting turned down looks shit. Best option is that Camavinga is waiting to see if PSG/RM come in for him at the end of the window, they still make no bid and he decides we are his best option, lets his agent know and we pick him up.

dinostar77

Rennes are not going to stick him in the reserve, that would be incredibly naive and counterproductive. Acting like a petty adult will not encourage new players to come to them, their youth development ranks would be decimated as parents and kids will decide not to go there. Never happening. Either he leaves on a free, or he decides to do Rennes a favour and gets to move to somewhere he is happy to go to. The reports are that we have approached his agent and team, the fact we haven't chucked a bid in suggests we don't think we can get him, why risk PSG or anyone else coming in if we don't have to? United now only make bids for players we know won't turn us down, its a marketing strategy, getting turned down looks shit. Best option is that Camavinga is waiting to see if PSG/RM come in for him at the end of the window, they still make no bid and he decides we are his best option, lets his agent know and we pick him up.
The lad wants a move to spain. If it doesnt materialise i agree then approach him again. Apparently hes not even the best player for his age in france so there are alternatives. As usual for Utd we will approach multiple players in position x so we have alternative options.

It could be a move too early for him coming to us. Renato Sanches to Bayern was too early dor him.

Dazzmondo

Honestly don't know why Camavinga is so against joining Utd. Real are in a state and I doubt they'll even be prepared to go for him, Barcelona are even worse and probably not even an option. Not sure if Bayern are interested, they might be a viable alternative. Honestly, I don't think many clubs are currently in a better place than Utd, taking all biases out of the equation. Most other big teams are really struggling financially. If he really is as against the move as he appears to be, it's best we just move on to another target. I really like Aurélien Tchouaméni as a potential dm/box to box option. He had a better season than Camavinga anyway.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he doesnt want to be here, we move on. Last thing we need is another di Maria situation.

kirk buttercup

If this is true that he doesn't want to come to us then it's time to wish him good luck and move on . He has potential but there are many players out there that could be good fits for us that want to actually play for Manchester United. Hope he enjoys the Circus that is Real Madrid if he ever gets there .

FujiVice

I reckon we'll sign him. His agent must be desperate for this to come off. Get him up a contract with a big club and try and get a massive fee for him with PSG or Madrid. Its in Camavinga's to sign for someone this summer.

Fooza

This thread activity sums up the lack of transfers thats going on with United at the moment. This transfer has never looked convincing even when it broke weeks ago.

Chairman Steve

I feel like deep down Utd are more interested in getting Bellingham, and Camavinga is the standout tempting alternative that has sprung up this past season, especially with the price being mooted. I’d much rather Bellingham who’ll stay here for the majority of his career if he hypothetically came here next, rather than have another player with one eye on Madrid.

ghagua

I guess people did not learn anything about the episode with Di Maria to still want Camavinga. If the player does not want to be here and is forced only because he has no other options, how would anyone expect him to perform?

Anyway, I would love to see Aurélien Tchouaméni at United. He is the player we need in that defensive midfield role. Camavinga might have a higher profile, but Aurélien Tchouaméni is the better player.

RedKnight88

I feel like deep down Utd are more interested in getting Bellingham, and Camavinga is the standout tempting alternative that has sprung up this past season, especially with the price being mooted. I’d much rather Bellingham who’ll stay here for the majority of his career if he hypothetically came here next, rather than have another player with one eye on Madrid.
But, if Real Madrid come for Camavinga wouldn't that mean he did really great for us??
we get a good few years from Camavinga and sell him 2-3x for what we buy him for....I say yes, we go for it. Thats if he wants to come here before he moves to Real Madrid And like you said we can then go for Bellingham in a few years too. I have a feeling he wants to stay in Dortmund for a bit more.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea did it with Solanke

To be fair Solanke over played his hand and whilst Liverpool ultimately turned a pretty profit when they sold him to Bournemouth the money Chelsea got from the initial tribunal award plus the training compensation award when him was sold to Bournemouth sort of helped but as witnessed Chelsea were 100% correct not to put him on what would have been top10% wages worldwide for his age group

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ding ding ding! Pin this post to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.