Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jidaraku

I think Camavinga has enough interest to join us.
If he has no intention to join us, we won't pursue him from the beginning.
He may prefer Madrid or PSG to us, but we are playing the waiting game because there is some hope left that he can be persuaded.

hungrywing

Rennes have no say if he wants to wait a year. They can't accept a bid and then force him to sign.

I think it's clear we aren't first or even second choice, and he's fine just waiting until he can pick his club for the moment.
It’s almost like the post you quoted is clearly aware of all of that and then describes one scenario in which Rennes could in fact ‘have a say’.

hungrywing

Would be a dumb post, then.
Unfortunately just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it wrong.

It’s actually not that complicated; it’d take someone extremely stupid not or understand it if you took their hand and walked them through it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Unfortunately just because you don’t understand something doesn’t make it wrong.

It’s actually not that complicated; it’d take someone extremely stupid not or understand it if you took their hand and walked them through it.
I understood it, you clearly don't get the concept though. Just move on.

worldinmotion66

For all we know, a deal could be wrapped up but contingent upon us getting Lingard and Pereira off the wage bill. It's all complete speculation at this point. We may have talked to his representatives and been put off by his wage demands. He may have flat out rejected us. I don't expect him to stay at Rennes though.

hungrywing

I understood it, you clearly don't get the concept though. Just move on.
Actually you very clearly didn't; as pointed out, you restated everything without realizing what you'd just done.

As mentioned in the last post, I'll be happy to explain it. It's not that hard to understand unless one is extremely stupid.

But it also probably should be said that your initial reply was sort of in the ballpark of beyond extremely stupid.

It's up to you, l'il genius.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Actually you very clearly didn't; as pointed out, you restated everything without realizing what you'd just done.

As mentioned in the last post, I'll be happy to explain it. It's not that hard to understand unless one is extremely stupid.

But it also probably should be said that your initial reply was sort of in the ballpark of beyond extremely stupid.

It's up to you, l'il genius.
Go on.

theklr

Just hope people realize he wont be a starter for us for at least a year most probably.

hungrywing

Short version first, if you need more help, I'll be happy to oblige.

If Camavinga is a 'nice boy' and would like Rennes to receive some recompense and/or isn't totally averse to the idea or even vacillates between wanting it but also wanting his preferred clubs (Devil: f*ck 'em, f*ck 'em all in January, Angel: no, Eduardo, noooo think of Rennes, think of what they did for you! Camavinga: Shut up, both of you!) then Rennes have some leverage. Depending on how 'nice' Camavinga is - AKA how much Camavinga really doesn't like the idea of Rennes getting zilch - they could have a considerable bit. It's that simple.

Whether or not they choose to apply said leverage depends on the personalities of the executives/administrators in question: 'We know Eduardo is a conscientious person, we have a choice to make; put light pressure on him or not'. Them publicly saying 'one thing is for sure, he will not go for free' could be that indirect pressure.

If he's had conversations with Rennes where they've even discussed this stuff outright, then it gets even more complicated.

Dante

Average bang
PSG are a nothing club. And La Liga is on its last legs. On the other hand, the Premier League is about to go through a period of dominance unseen since Serie A in the 90s.

Camavinga needs to realise that and make the right choice. Old Trafford is calling.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Would be a great purchases for United, but it feels he's bound to either PSG or Madrid, they need to get this wrapped up now or they wait till next season it gets harder.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Short version first, if you need more help, I'll be happy to oblige.

If Camavinga is a 'nice boy' and would like Rennes to receive some recompense and/or isn't totally averse to the idea or even vacillates between wanting it but also wanting his preferred clubs (Devil: f*ck 'em, f*ck 'em all in January, Angel: no, Eduardo, noooo think of Rennes, think of what they did for you! Camavinga: Shut up, both of you!) then Rennes have some leverage. Depending on how 'nice' Camavinga is - AKA how much Camavinga really doesn't like the idea of Rennes getting zilch - they could have a considerable bit. It's that simple.

Whether or not they choose to apply said leverage depends on the personalities of the executives/administrators in question: 'We know Eduardo is a conscientious person, we have a choice to make; put light pressure on him or not'. Them publicly saying 'one thing is for sure, he will not go for free' could be that indirect pressure.

If he's had conversations with Rennes where they've even discussed this stuff outright, then it gets even more complicated.
The two reasons why I questioned the intelligence of such logic is 1) No player will go to a country and a club they don't want to go to just so their club can get a fee. It's a 4-5 year deal wherever he goes and needs careful consideration. So that scenario is just ridiculously far-fetched. If he came it's because he was bought into the project from the club and his agent. Not because he wants Rennes to get a 30m fee.

Also 2) if PSG or Real were in for him, they'd have got him by now. It's a simple deal to do for any club. To that end, if he was that eager to make sure his club get a fee, the deal would be done with us. But it's clear that he's not as keen on us as we are on him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm still not fully believing this rumour but if we do sign him then surely either Pogba or maybe Donny is off.

We can't go into a season with Matic, Mctomminay, Fred, Pogba, Camavinga, Donny, Bruno. 7 players for 3 roles is massive overkill.

podurban2

The two reasons why I questioned the intelligence of such logic is 1) No player will go to a country and a club they don't want to go to just so their club can get a fee. It's a 4-5 year deal wherever he goes and needs careful consideration. So that scenario is just ridiculously far-fetched. If he came it's because he was bought into the project from the club and his agent. Not because he wants Rennes to get a 30m fee.

Also 2) if PSG or Real were in for him, they'd have got him by now. It's a simple deal to do for any club. To that end, if he was that eager to make sure his club get a fee, the deal would be done with us. But it's clear that he's not as keen on us as we are on him.
Just put him on ignore he’s toxic.

Blood Mage

Just hope people realize he wont be a starter for us for at least a year most probably.
You're kidding right? He's better than McTominay and Fred already, and Matic can't play more than 10 games a season nowadays.

hungrywing

Again, you're reiterating the underlying obvious points. What's being discussed on this end is a layer deeper. Hence the last part of the original post about him only having one 'realistic' offer on the table, since neither PSG nor Real are pushing the boat out for him.

Also both 1) and 2) are assumptions. It's now even clearer you're not getting that 1) was never said. It'd be a more nuanced situation where he wants PSG or Real, doesn't absolutely hate the idea of joining us. I sort of shouldn't have to repeat that part since it was explicitly stated twice now, but whatever.

It's kind of looking like your initial post was a correct gauge of your grasp and it might not be worth going with the longer version which would have been a Great Expectations type retelling of a literary illustration of the situation with you as the main character for immersion's sake.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Again, you're reiterating the underlying obvious points. What's being discussed on this end is a layer deeper. Hence the last part of the original post about him only having one 'realistic' offer on the table, since neither PSG nor Real are pushing the boat out for him.

Also both 1) and 2) are assumptions. It's now even clearer you're not getting that 1) was never said. It'd be a more nuanced situation where he wants PSG or Real, doesn't absolutely hate the idea of joining us. I sort of shouldn't have to repeat that part since it was explicitly stated twice now, but whatever.

It's kind of looking like your initial post was a correct gauge of your grasp and it might not be worth going with the longer version which would have been a Great Expectations type retelling of a literary illustration of the situation with you as the main character for immersion's sake.
Just to be clear - players don't just accept bids because they want their clubs to get a fee. That's not an assumption nor is it something that's considered remotely plausible in the modern game. Once you understand this, you'll realize how your logic collapses.

red thru&thru

Ronaldo is top 3 best players OF ALL TIMES.

I need to understand why y'all think Camavinga will ever be anything close to that, or even sell for 100 mil. There's seriously no evidence of either of those. It's not even clear if he will be Bruno Fernandez good. Or even Paul Pogba good (who has been much less productive for us than Bruno), and we are unable to sell Pogba for half of 100 mil.
Do you not think more clubs, notably Madrid, would have tried to purchase CR7 from Sporting, if he was guaranteed to be the top 3 best players of all time?!

Last edited:

hungrywing

Just to be clear - players don't just accept bids because they want their clubs to get a fee. That's not an assumption nor is it something that's considered remotely plausible in the modern game. Once you understand this, you'll realize how your logic collapses.
That was never said. Again, you missed the nuances and just took off in your own direction and ran. Ran very far.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
If he doesn't want to come here I l don't want him to come here.

Only players prepared to go above and beyond please.

mu4c_20le

Lets wait and see what happens. Sounds like he's doing the same and keeping his options open.

theklr

You're kidding right? He's better than McTominay and Fred already, and Matic can't play more than 10 games a season nowadays.
18 year old from League 1, which need to get accustomed to the PL , the team and the strategy. Im betting you a grand Ole is gonna be very very slow brooding him in the team, and rightly so. Playing in the double pivot is very challenging and any errors can be costly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That was never said. Again, you missed the nuances and just took off in your own direction and ran. Ran very far.
The only nuance was you insinuating that Camavinga might not be totally averse to coming to England. But wanting his club to get a fee is not going to be a driving factor in him coming - which for the n'th time, is not even an assumption. It's just foolish to suggest that players give a shit about this when making their own career decisions.

hungrywing

The only nuance was you insinuating that Camavinga might not be totally averse to coming to England. But wanting his club to get a fee is not going to be a driving factor in him coming - which for the n'th time, is not even an assumption. It's just foolish to suggest that players give a shit about this when making their own career decisions.
Is English your first language? Not having a go. Just curious.

Couple things, and this'll be the last unless I happen across a reasonably-intelligent post by you in something like one of the quantum physics threads or showing some functional knowledge of genetics or some such.

1. You don't know if the bolded part is true.

2. Bolded part was never said. You just took it and ran on your own yelling 'I win! I win! Mama, look! I wiiiiin~'

Jericholyte2

Can't imagine we'd make any move until the last week or two before the end of window. This would put Rennes under pressure to accept a lower offer, risking him not renewing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Is English your first language? Not having a go. Just curious.

Couple things, and this'll be the last unless I happen across a reasonably-intelligent post by you in something like one of the quantum physics threads or showing some functional knowledge of genetics or some such.

1. You don't know if the bolded part is true.
Yes I do, because I'm not a tit. @podurban2 was right, I should have just ignored you like the other's have.

2. Bolded part was never said. You just took it and ran on your own yelling 'I win! I win! Mama, look! I wiiiiin~'
Jesus Christ you're broken - you insinuated this yourself.
I actually took a look at your post history after suggestion to ignore above - and by god you've had some mares. You're on ignore after this, by the way so I'm not going to see your reply or future posts. As I'm sure 99% of the caf already has set up.

Coops73

If he doesn't want to come here I l don't want him to come here.

Only players prepared to go above and beyond please.
Exactly. Some on here just want, want, want, because they’re good, there’s got to be more to signing a player for fecking millions than just because of the fact we can pay them shitloads.

Angel Di shitc**t for a start is a prime example

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't imagine we'd make any move until the last week or two before the end of window. This would put Rennes under pressure to accept a lower offer, risking him not renewing.
I don't think the fee is the problem, but it's more the player being bought into us as a suitor over him waiting a year and moving to say PSG or Real.

hungrywing

Yes I do, because I'm not a tit. @podurban2 was right, I should have just ignored you like the other's have.

Jesus Christ you're broken - you insinuated this yourself.
I actually took a look at your post history after suggestion to ignore above - and by god you've had some mares. You're on ignore after this, by the way so I'm not going to see your reply or future posts. As I'm sure 99% of the caf already has set up.
Yeah, figured this was coming after you ran away the first time. And again, it was pretty clear after your first reply where you didn't grasp the concept that you likely never would.

Just put him on ignore he’s toxic.
How's trying to be polite to someone rude toxic. :lol:

Tried my best.

Andrew7582

@hungrywing What's the point in replying to him when he already told you you're on ignore? You still want the last word even if he isn't going to see it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.