Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

redcucumber

Double whip. Way more fun than the boring usual metas most people are using to walk through the game, at least there's a fun moveset to be creative with.

Thank me later.
You've convinced me! Soon as I get chance I'll get on it. Saying that - can you get them mid game?

EDIT. I enjoyed Eleanora's poleblade for how bonkers and fun it is. It's great.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Decided to check out the difference on ps5 (I beat the ps4 version) and now I can't stop playing :lol:

Just such an addictive game. Playing a dagger bleed build, just because I never use daggers in souls games. It's a blast.

quadrant

Decided to check out the difference on ps5 (I beat the ps4 version) and now I can't stop playing :lol:

Just such an addictive game. Playing a dagger bleed build, just because I never use daggers in souls games. It's a blast.
Reduvia is one of the best weapons in the game for sure. I've been playing as sort of bandit build, with Reduvia, club, short bow and parry shield. Really fun build.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Reduvia is one of the best weapons in the game for sure. I've been playing as sort of bandit build, with Reduvia, club, short bow and parry shield. Really fun build.
I do struggle a bit with fighting large groups due to the lack of range. I might have to get that one Katana as a back up. Rivers of Blood or something?

quadrant

I do struggle a bit with fighting large groups due to the lack of range. I might have to get that one Katana as a back up. Rivers of Blood or something?
Yeah that's still a beast, even post-nerf. Maybe try out the Flamberge, that's a very underrated weapon. Moveset of a lighter greatsword but has innate bleed build up and can be set to Occult so it scales with Arcane. Found in Redmane Castle, so you can get it any time.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I honestly enjoy the first 3 runs. But somehow dont even want to replay this. The scope of this game, i think once is enough.

It gets ridiculously easy with Mimic. But Super hard and stress inducing without one. Such a dillema.

The game becomes laughable easy in NG but starting a clean fresh start is too dauting.

I wish they'd create some balance between

redcucumber

Damn it, I literally reskilled my entire build last night from bleed to strength/faith. I had the reduvia but didn't give it a proper go. Is there any point using the bleed/arcane weapons if you've got no arcane points?

Baneofthegame

Going to pick this back up when the expansion is out, was on NG+4 and you could still stomp all bosses with rivers of blood pretty much.

Was going for 99 lvl across the board, currently on 50+ for all lvls

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I loved this when it was out, completed it 3 times and Platinumed but I don't think I could ever play it again :lol: like someone said, it's too daunting.

quadrant

Damn it, I literally reskilled my entire build last night from bleed to strength/faith. I had the reduvia but didn't give it a proper go. Is there any point using the bleed/arcane weapons if you've got no arcane points?
Bleed can still be useful as a little bonus on certain weapons, but you won't get the same impact without arcane points.

Woodzy

I think about this game almost every day. This isn’t going to make sense but it has a weird position with me where I probably don’t admire it as much as Bloodborne but I still think about playing it a lot more.

Currently waiting for the DLC before diving back in, maybe wishful thinking but I feel that because it’s taking so long it’s probably going to be pretty big.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I think about this game almost every day. This isn’t going to make sense but it has a weird position with me where I probably don’t admire it as much as Bloodborne but I still think about playing it a lot more.

Currently waiting for the DLC before diving back in, maybe wishful thinking but I feel that because it’s taking so long it’s probably going to be pretty big.
Is DLC confirmed? Didn‘t pay attention to it anymore and hit some kind of brick wall at some point I and hate to use guides so stopped playing half way in. Pretty sure I‘ll pick it up one time again.

Woodzy

Is DLC confirmed? Didn‘t pay attention to it anymore and hit some kind of brick wall at some point I and hate to use guides so stopped playing half way in. Pretty sure I‘ll pick it up one time again.
Yeh 100% confirmed, almost a year ago I think.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Summoned 2 people to help me kill Malenia. Feck her and her stupid Water Fowl dance.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Beat it again. On ps4 I helped people beat the final boss as a summon so many times I can still kill him blindfolded a year later.

Elden beast is so underwhelming. Still love Hoarah Loux though. Grrrrrrrr

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I know exactly what you mean. I think Bloodborne is a 'tighter' game, in the sense that everything is pulling in the same direction. I think Elden Ring has a bit more bloat, lower lows, but overall I had more fun with Elden Ring, and put much more hours into it (and I put a lot into Bloodborne as it was).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
The game is huge. So much fun though.

Just beat Maliketh the black Blade, assuming I’m not too far from the end now. Though I feel like there’s tons left to do.

fergosaurus

Can't wait, been holding off finishing NG+ for a while so the bosses aren't too buffed up. Looking forward to see what new weapons are included, they usually have some great ones in the DLCs.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don’t think I can do DLC for a game like this. I loved it but having to relearn everything and how to play effectively again is a commitment

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don’t think I can do DLC for a game like this. I loved it but having to relearn everything and how to play effectively again is a commitment
This is how i feel.
I like DLCs if they close to the release of the main game (or if im very late to the party as in the case of Cyberpunk and Phantom Liberty), but 2 years after the main game its way too late imo.
At that point they could have given it another 1 or 2 years and release it as Elden Ring 2.

But i'm still curious what they will show today.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That was my concern too. I did replay it recently with one eye on this DLC, and I was surprised how quickly I picked it up again.

Woodzy

This is how i feel.
I like DLCs if they close to the release of the main game (or if im very late to the party as in the case of Cyberpunk and Phantom Liberty), but 2 years after the main game its way too late imo.
At that point they could have given it another 1 or 2 years and release it as Elden Ring 2.

But i'm still curious what they will show today.
I feel like this DLC will be pretty substantial tbh, almost a game on its own. Obviously not quite the size of the main game but even something half the size would be impressive.

If the DLC is only the size of your typical FromSoft DLC however it will be disappointing considering the time taken and keeping the size of the main game in mind,

KiD MoYeS

I feel like this DLC will be pretty substantial tbh, almost a game on its own. Obviously not quite the size of the main game but even something half the size would be impressive.

If the DLC is only the size of your typical FromSoft DLC however it will be disappointing considering the time taken and keeping the size of the main game in mind,
I'd be happy with a legacy dungeon similar in size to the Haligtree area.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Fromsoft dlc is also always way harder.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Went to my brother's house and gave this a go. Did the tutorial, the first guy I met in the game, some knight on a horse, slapped me once and that was it. Ouch... not sure I have the skill for this.

KiD MoYeS

Trailer is out. Unsurprisingly, there is a lot going on and to unpack. June release date. Skip to the final three minutes.