Gaming Elder Scrolls V

Woodzy

Spent the last hour at Halted Stream Camp trying to take out just 3 bandits in the mine. It's got to the point where I've had to try develop a strategy to do it (which is obviously not working).

I am in love with this mod! I don't ever remember having fun like this when I first played Skyrim.

Last edited:

Meller

Are we all ready to jump back in?!

Why am I so excited for a 5 year old game?
I'm getting it for the PS4! Didn't get to finish the game back in the day and I really miss playing it so I'm super excited!

GBBQ

I'm getting it for the PS4! Didn't get to finish the game back in the day and I really miss playing it so I'm super excited!
Didn't finish it either. Was late to the party and the PS4 came out shortly after I started so sold my ps3.

Moby

Dick
Why do I miss playing this even after finishing it over 10 times?

I miss Oblivion a lot more though. :(

And no one dare mention the one before that.

Woodzy

I wish the Requiem mod would work for it. I do need to give Vanilla another go anyway though. I never got far through the main story because I always got distracted by side quests.

RedMist99

Can't wait to jump back in to Skyrim.

My build for this play through will be a Bosmer archer/assassin. Mainly stealthy but dual wielding daggers in case I get overwhelmed.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The game is amazing, I'm reluctant to immerse myself in it again.

justboy68

Skyrim remaster? They're really doing this? What a lazy cash grab (from a console perspective). Make a Morrowind remaster and they'd have me excited. Even Oblivion would be better, as they are both older and both better than Skyrim in my opinion.

RedMist99

Skyrim remaster? They're really doing this? What a lazy cash grab (from a console perspective). Make a Morrowind remaster and they'd have me excited. Even Oblivion would be better, as they are both older and both better than Skyrim in my opinion.
Just do all 3, I agree

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Man, I'm still playing Skyrim on my PC right now, but this is getting me too excited. I'm actually considering buying this for the PS4 and starting a brand new campaign there.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Think I read somewhere that if you own Legendary edition on PC you get a free download of it on PS4, is that true?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Think I read somewhere that if you own Legendary edition on PC you get a free download of it on PS4, is that true?
If you own the base game + hearthfire, dragonborn, and dawnguard you get it free I think.

EDIT: Shit didn't see the PS4 bit, no idea on that front.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I remember getting this on the 360 and spending about 10 hours playing it on the first day. It's such an easy game to get stuck into. One of Bethesda's best efforts to date.

I've got the remastered one coming on Friday. :drool:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
If you own this on PC, why the feck would you get it again?

We already have a better version of the game than this money grabbing shite.

And it's a version of a game that's not even best in the series, but is the cheapest to update. I really do sometimes despair at the modern gamer...like when you go into the latest COD thread and see people moan that they've tried to update things, like that's the biggest thing to moan about and not blatant reskinning of something you've already played.

Jesus christ :lol:

Woodzy

If you own this on PC, why the feck would you get it again?

We already have a better version of the game than this money grabbing shite.

And it's a version of a game that's not even best in the series, but is the cheapest to update. I really do sometimes despair at the modern gamer...like when you go into the latest COD thread and see people moan that they've tried to update things, like that's the biggest thing to moan about and not blatant reskinning of something you've already played.

Jesus christ :lol:
It's a free upgrade for the pc though, and although old mods mostly won't work to begin with I'm sure we will get some great stuff eventually.

Redlambs

It's a free upgrade for the pc though, and although old mods mostly won't work to begin with I'm sure we will get some great stuff eventually.
Oh come on. What upgrade is this? Have you seen it?

It was an ok game made into a decent one by mods. One that already looks better than the 'upgrade' and certainly plays better.

It's basically getting suckers back in, but hey, let's forget what they last tried to do with mods...it's shiney :wenger:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Now if it included a Morrowind remaster, then they'd have my attention. I don't know if the Skyrim mod for it will ever get done...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

It was an ok game made into a decent one by mods. One that already looks better than the 'upgrade' and certainly plays better.

It's basically getting suckers back in, but hey, let's forget what they last tried to do with mods...it's shiney :wenger:
Personally I've never played it but with all the rave it gets from people I kinda fancy buying it

Woodzy

But I already own the game. It may be a load of shit, it may not... I literally have nothing to lose either way.

Redlambs

Personally I've never played it but with all the rave it gets from people I kinda fancy buying it
Well then you should get it. It's a decent enough game if you've never played it, though very dated by what's come since and not really interesting enough to hold up.

But I already own the game. It may be a load of shit, it may not... I literally have nothing to lose either way.
That's fair enough, I was coming from more of a new purchase direction. Though still, what could it possibly offer that the various high definition textures plus books/ore mods (at very minimum) don't already do much better?

Free is free, but it doesn't mean an upgrade. My point very much still stands.

Plus, it'll be interesting to see where they, and the crooks who now run steam, go with the modding at least.

Now if it included a Morrowind remaster, then they'd have my attention. I don't know if the Skyrim mod for it will ever get done...
Morrowind will one day be released as a remaster. This is cheaper and easier straight away though, and will rake in the cash.

Much like Fallout 4 being a slightly updated reskin of 3 for less money than a real sequel. We are talking publisher rather than developer now, so the rules have long ago changed for them.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If you've played games like the Witcher 3 then well....don't expect much. The quests are shit and the setting is boring. When it first came out it was like my most hyped game ever but looking back it is a dumbed down pile of shit

The remaster doesn't even look that good.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
If you've played games like the Witcher 3 then well....don't expect much. The quests are shit and the setting is boring. When it first came out it was like my most hyped game ever but looking back it is a dumbed down pile of shit

Yeah this was my next question, I can't imagine anything getting close to the witcher 3

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Oblivion was my favorite game on 360. I never played Skyrim, so I'm thinking about getting this. Would you guys pick this over Fallout 4?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Just bought this. The graphics look lovely.

Don't think I'll be going out much this weekend.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I played it for a bit on Saturday/Sunday and forgot how much I loved it as an RPG. Made a high elf and I'm trying to stick to one-handed/magic but I've not done a great deal so far apart from the area around Whiterun (I wonder which fascist developer came up with that as a name for a city).

How many actors did they use for this though? It sounds like the same four or five people over and over again.

Shark

@NotShark

I've actually dug the Xbox 360 version out seeing as people are jumping back into a remaster and it actually doesn't look terrible. I'm hooked again.

Not sure if it holds a candle to TW3 though. I don't think anything will for a very long time tbf.

Marcelinho87

The mods for the remaster will eventually outshine the mods for the original as it is on a newer engine.

Yes for now the PC version modded looks better than the re-release, but that won't be the case for ever.

Plus my version was free due to having the original legendary edition.

Redlambs

The mods for the remaster will eventually outshine the mods for the original as it is on a newer engine.

Yes for now the PC version modded looks better than the re-release, but that won't be the case for ever.

Plus my version was free due to having the original legendary edition.
:lol:

Newer engine you say? Care to explain this and how it's going to make mods magically better?

Redlambs

Ah shit, my bad it is the same engine just updated to run on a 64-bit environment!
I admire your optimism though mate! :)

BTW if you have it on PC, why did you bother with it longer term? Genuine question, I'm not trying to dig at your tastes, I'm genuinely interested my friend. I've tried it myself just to see, and it's so clearly inferior to my modded version it's not even funny. In fact it's sad, sadder when you consider that it's still locked at 30fps on the consoles, I mean what the feck is that about? It's one thing that this generation has suckered people into buying games they've already played, but when it's as blatant as this, I don't get why more people don't care about what's happening and worse actually paying money for it!