Gaming Elder Scrolls V

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I admire your optimism though mate! :)

BTW if you have it on PC, why did you bother with it longer term? Genuine question, I'm not trying to dig at your tastes, I'm genuinely interested my friend. I've tried it myself just to see, and it's so clearly inferior to my modded version it's not even funny. In fact it's sad, sadder when you consider that it's still locked at 30fps on the consoles, I mean what the feck is that about? It's one thing that this generation has suckered people into buying games they've already played, but when it's as blatant as this, I don't get why more people don't care about what's happening and worse actually paying money for it!
I thought it was 60fps on PS4 but after Googling it seems you are right! It hardly looks that much better than the PS3 version so seems really lazy by Bethesda

Marcelinho87

BTW if you have it on PC, why did you bother with it longer term? Genuine question, I'm not trying to dig at your tastes, I'm genuinely interested my friend. I've tried it myself just to see, and it's so clearly inferior to my modded version it's not even funny. In fact it's sad, sadder when you consider that it's still locked at 30fps on the consoles, I mean what the feck is that about? It's one thing that this generation has suckered people into buying games they've already played, but when it's as blatant as this, I don't get why more people don't care about what's happening and worse actually paying money for it!
Well tbh, I have never finished Skyrim. I did about 80 hours and then gave up and never got back to it. I uninstalled it around 2 years ago and never thought of it until I saw the 'SE' in my library and since I have 76meg fibre thought feck it I will install it and have a see*

*Yet to actually see anything as I have not launched it.

I am just hopeful future mods surpass the current ones, not sure how likely that is.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I thought it was 60fps on PS4 but after Googling it seems you are right! It hardly looks that much better than the PS3 version so seems really lazy by Bethesda
Fallout 4 was a bad enough ripoff, let alone the whole pay for mods fiasco.

This is just a bad joke. Even for free on PC, it's just not worth it.

Well tbh, I have never finished Skyrim. I did about 80 hours and then gave up and never got back to it. I uninstalled it around 2 years ago and never thought of it until I saw the 'SE' in my library and since I have 76meg fibre thought feck it I will install it and have a see*

*Yet to actually see anything as I have not launched it.

I am just hopeful future mods surpass the current ones, not sure how likely that is.
Never in a million years. Some guys will do their mods for it maybe, but most of the best have moved on. Besides even for free, the installed userbase is always going to be much worse than the original, I'm not sure why I'd personally bother. Especially considering the cnuts tricks Bestheda pulled and will try again in the future.

Marcelinho87

Fallout 4 was a bad enough ripoff, let alone the whole pay for mods fiasco.

This is just a bad joke. Even for free on PC, it's just not worth it.

Never in a million years. Some guys will do their mods for it maybe, but most of the best have moved on. Besides even for free, the installed userbase is always going to be much worse than the original, I'm not sure why I'd personally bother. Especially considering the cnuts tricks Bestheda pulled and will try again in the future.
Ill probably never even launch it anyhow tbf :D

As for Bethesda, they can suck a manky old tea bag after that shit, Valve can get to feck aswell.

Redlambs

Ill probably never even launch it anyhow tbf :D

As for Bethesda, they can suck a manky old tea bag after that shit, Valve can get to feck aswell.
Sadly what Steam was and what it is now goes to show what greed does to people. Valve are rapidly catching up with EA in the gaming cnut stakes! I'm glad no one gives a feck about steam machines, the OS and the controllers. fecking idiots run riot there, but they make stupid amounts of money so I guess they don't care.

Spoony

The People's President

Ahhh blame George Lucas...he started it!

Dan

I can't tell the difference from the 360 version to the PS4 version. Still enjoying second time round though.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I spent 18 months not going out and having a social life because of this game, I'll be damned if I waste 18 more.

Revan

Assumptionman
I spent 18 months not going out and having a social life because of this game, I'll be damned if I waste 18 more.
Total number of hours?

I am proud to say that I played Skyrim only for 30 hours. Did the main quest, the civil war quest, the Mage quest and the Dark Brotherhood. Didn't care much to do the other million things in the game.

Not even thinking to play this again.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
This game has it's hooks deep in me again. Got it first time around and got about halfway through before I lent it to a mate whilst I played Uncharted 3 and never got back into it as it was quite some time before I got it back. I forgot how good the soundtrack is in this :drool:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Total number of hours?

I am proud to say that I played Skyrim only for 30 hours. Did the main quest, the civil war quest, the Mage quest and the Dark Brotherhood. Didn't care much to do the other million things in the game.

Not even thinking to play this again.
I feel the same.

I remember i was in Uni and was done with the semester really early that year, i went out and bought Skyrim and Dark Souls at the same time. I looked forward to Dark Souls, but i REALLY looked forward to Skyrim, so i played the latter first so i could "save the best for last"

After being metaphorically blown away by Dark Souls, far exceeding any expectations i sat down and expected Skyrim to be even better.

Oh how disappointed i was. As always with Elder Scrolls games, the atmosphere, presentation and attention to detail is just exquisite, but the gameplay itself was a huge letdown. The combat and controls were as wonky as ever and after going in to a cave to kill draugr and fetch some "family heirloom" for some random NPC for the millionth time it got very repetitive. The dragon fights were amazing the first few times, but quickly became stale as you realized there were mechanically the same, and the dragons were just reskins with different names.

Honestly, the only way to truly experience an Elder Scrolls game is playing it on PC with mods. I'ts almost like Bethesda create a scaffolding of a game, and then leave it to the community to flesh it out

Bojan11

Next one is years away from being shown. I remember some plum on here thought it would come out soon because they announced it by just showing a 2 sec video.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Next one is years away from being shown. I remember some plum on here thought it would come out soon because they announced it by just showing a 2 sec video.
Is it just going to have the same engine as the other Bethesda games? Without knowing anything about the game I'm already worried, which sounds really dumb as an argument but, you know, Bethesda.

Bojan11

Is it just going to have the same engine as the other Bethesda games? Without knowing anything about the game I'm already worried, which sounds really dumb as an argument but, you know, Bethesda.
It has taken so long that if it doesn’t have a new engine it will be a travesty.

Skyrim came out in 2011. This is probably looking at 2024 or 2025. So if this and Starfield don’t have a new engine then it will be a joke. Fallout 4 was a reskin, I doubt it took much of their time.

Crazy how a new elder scrolls skipped one whole generation and could be coming towards the end of the next generation.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It has taken so long that if it doesn’t have a new engine it will be a travesty.

Skyrim came out in 2011. This is probably looking at 2024 or 2025. So if this and Starfield don’t have a new engine then it will be a joke. Fallout 4 was a reskin, I doubt it took much of their time.

Crazy how a new elder scrolls skipped one whole generation and could be coming towards the end of the next generation.
Skyrim: Total Recall Edition would be awesome though.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Played it first when it came out and did a 200+ hour stint while I was recovering from back surgery.

Played it again for another 200+ hours while recovering from knee surgery.

Bought the special edition out of curiosity and boredom last week and am now glued back into it. Been a bit bored of games this last couple of months and had been looking for some exploration and adventure, tried resurrecting RDR2 and No Mans Sky but quickly tired of them again. Nothing quite like being in Skyrim for the feeling of exploration.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Played it first when it came out and did a 200+ hour stint while I was recovering from back surgery.

Bought the special edition out of curiosity and boredom last week and am now glued back into it. Been a bit bored of games this last couple of months and had been looking for some exploration and adventure, tried resurrecting RDR2 and No Mans Sky but quickly tired of them again. Nothing quite like being in Skyrim for the feeling of exploration.
I am praying they don't do another remastered edition for the ps5 otherI will be losing another 200+ hours...

Nickosaur

Despite the countless editions on every console and kitchen appliance i've never actually played this more than once, despite loving it.

Would love to get the complete edition one day along with some essential mods and start a new game.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm playing the VR version. It's quite cool actually. Using the move controllers makes me feel like Robin Hood.

Rather mentally exhausting though. I also dislike that you can't see your character in the VR version. Who needs the cool golden Dwarven armour if you can't look at it.

Volumiza

I'm playing the VR version. It's quite cool actually. Using the move controllers makes me feel like Robin Hood.

Rather mentally exhausting though. I also dislike that you can't see your character in the VR version. Who needs the cool golden Dwarven armour if you can't look at it.
I gave it a quick go when it was first released in VR. It was very cool to actually 'be' in some of these places. I couldn't get on with the controls too well so didn't give it as long.

Cloud7

No matter how many games have come and gone, Skyrim remains my all time favorite, and it will take something insane to ever dislodge it from that spot. The feeling of that music while you wander through the forests or some of the marshland is unparalleled. Exploring Skyrim during the night is one of the best gaming experiences I can describe.

Volumiza

The feeling of that music while you wander through the forests or some of the marshland is unparalleled.
Best videogame soundtrack ever.

I've been playing the game through headphones and music aside, just the ambient effects are stunning. The sound of dust crumbling down walls in caves and the wind blowing through tunnels is still streets ahead of anything else.

Definitely my favourite game of all time and I can feel myself bedding down for another long spell doing it all again. Been taking the time to read as many of the books as possible.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I got an Oculus Quest 2 yesterday and bought Skyrim and Half Life Alyx. All installed and ready to have a go tonight. Not sure I will need any other games for some time but I hear there is a Medal of Honor one coming out soon.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What is it about this game? I have Demons Souls, Elden Ring, Spider-Man, Far Cry ready to go on PS5 and struggled to get into any of them (bar Far Cry which I finished)

I switched this back on on a whim and immediately enjoying myself again. It has to be the best game ever made for me. It just has a feel that no other game I have played can match.

Redlambs

I got an Oculus Quest 2 yesterday and bought Skyrim and Half Life Alyx. All installed and ready to have a go tonight. Not sure I will need any other games for some time but I hear there is a Medal of Honor one coming out soon.
Now you've had a couple of years, does it work well? I've not tried it myself yet, but I hear good things about Skyrim VR working decent with mods via the PC. That could be the ultimate edition!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Now you've had a couple of years, does it work well? I've not tried it myself yet, but I hear good things about Skyrim VR working decent with mods via the PC. That could be the ultimate edition!
I still love it. There is a newer one out I think with more storage but this thing just keeps improving with updates. Fantastic.

Bosws87

I can tell you the ps4 version was a blurry mess, never bothered with it on the oculus just the original PSVR.

Redlambs

I can tell you the ps4 version was a blurry mess, never bothered with it on the oculus just the original PSVR.
I didn't think it was unplayable because of that, more that it's vanilla Skyrim which far too bland.

But on the Quest you can plug it onto the PC and get the full on game with a lot of mods working too. Apparantly.

Though before that, I really need to get around to going through all the Bioshocks in VR :drool: