Elon Musk | Owner of X

Raoul

Admin
Staff
All based on their subjective feeling. I am sure you find equally as many people who think things got better. Most just claim they dont like Elon
Those people would mainly be incels, trolls, and racists who are elated they can use the N word on Twitter again.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
All based on their subjective feeling. I am sure you find equally as many people who think things got better. Most just claim they dont like Elon
No, it's not and it has been explained to you before. Let me make this really simple.

You claim that people don't like Twitter now because people they don't like (like neo-nazis) are not banned now while before Twitter banned people that they agreed with being banned therefore "hypocrisy." What you are missing is that people are not saying its worse because of this alleged subjective disagreement. They are saying it's worse because entire processes have changed or been removed and replaced and the result of those process changes is an objectively worse product.
  • Before, the process, while not perfect, was that violations of certain rules and guidelines developed by quality control teams, legal teams, etc led to clearly defined guidelines for bans. Now, there doesn't appear to be any actual process other than Musk's personal whims. Musk gets offended about elonjet so he bans it and bans journalists even talking about elonjet. Then, he makes up a story that has been proven to be misleading at best or outright lying at worst to cover it up, has to backtrack and do a lot of compensation.
  • Another example is how he decided to charge money for blue check marks on a whim without due diligence, then a bunch of issues with that arise because it missed the point of checkmarks to begin with and there were tons of impersonations so then he has to rush out changes and new rules and additional checkmarks now. It's a huge mess.
  • Yet another example is Elon (not a coding expert btw) deciding the app is too bloated so he just orders a change on a whim and...ends up breaking two-factor authentication and preventing people from even accessing the app.

All of these examples (and plenty more) objectively make the app worse than it was before and we aren't even talking about neo-nazis yet. Everyone who has worked around tech for a while knows what elon has been doing is exactly the type of cowboy shit that accumulates tech debt and always leads to objectively worse end results.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No, it's not and it has been explained to you before. Let me make this really simple.

You claim that people don't like Twitter now because people they don't like (like neo-nazis) are not banned now while before Twitter banned people that they agreed with being banned therefore "hypocrisy." What you are missing is that people are not saying its worse because of this alleged subjective disagreement. They are saying it's worse because entire processes have changed or been removed and replaced and the result of those process changes is an objectively worse product.
  • Before, the process, while not perfect, was that violations of certain rules and guidelines developed by quality control teams, legal teams, etc led to clearly defined guidelines for bans. Now, there doesn't appear to be any actual process other than Musk's personal whims. Musk gets offended about elonjet so he bans it and bans journalists even talking about elonjet. Then, he makes up a story that has been proven to be misleading at best or outright lying at worst to cover it up, has to backtrack and do a lot of compensation.
  • Another example is how he decided to charge money for blue check marks on a whim without due diligence, then a bunch of issues with that arise because it missed the point of checkmarks to begin with and there were tons of impersonations so then he has to rush out changes and new rules and additional checkmarks now. It's a huge mess.
  • Yet another example is Elon (not a coding expert btw) deciding the app is too bloated so he just orders a change on a whim and...ends up breaking two-factor authentication and preventing people from even accessing the app.

All of these examples (and plenty more) objectively make the app worse than it was before and we aren't even talking about neo-nazis yet. Everyone who has worked around tech for a while knows what elon has been doing is exactly the type of cowboy shit that accumulates tech debt and always leads to objectively worse end results.
- „There does not appear“… so you dont know
- Blue marks: his decision, if it back fires, so be it. His and his management teams call, time will tell. But it was clear that pricing models had to be implemented
- Dont know about your last point and if true he looks stupid indeed.

Whether Twitter will be more successful remains to be seen. Maybe he fails, maybe not. As long as it is his company he can do whatever he likes. There is enough governance, laws etc in place to keep social media at an mediocre to ok level

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
No, you threw out wild flights of fancy and then wholesale ignored reasoned detailed responses to them.

Edit: Excellent. Cheers. I love it when people admit that their wumming. :lol:
I ignored emotional and subject comments who earlier claimed they talk hard facts

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I made arguments and fair points. Level of insults and wumming has been quite balanced

We have a problem then, there should be no wumming. Thanks for highlighting this issue. That's very honest of you.

You got a warning yesterday for insukting someone in this thread. Maybe stay out of it?

Let me just have an aul read.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Can it be that most speaking against you dont have a wierd hate against a billionaire, but are against him letting nazis back on twitter f.ex? Or are both the same in your eyes?
Hence I said all form of extremism
Can it be that most speaking against you dont have a wierd hate against a billionaire, but are against him letting nazis back on twitter f.ex? Or are both the same in your eyes?
To my understanding, it was said that Twitter will grant amnesty to accounts that have not broken the law. That goes for all political views. I personally disagree with that. But to claim it is one sided and only Nazis are preferred is wild

Balljy

So everyone who thinks Twitter got better is a right wing nutter?
OK, so to turn this around and get some balance to the discussion. How is it better for you?

Also, you still seem to have missed the answers to the more factual replies to you despite the reminders from other posters, I'm sure you'll get to them soon.

BootsyCollins

Hence I said all form of extremism
To my understanding, it was said that Twitter will grant amnesty to accounts that have not broken the law. That goes for all political views. I personally disagree with that. But to claim it is one sided and only Nazis are preferred is wild
I was just wondering if it might be the case that posters you claim have wierd hate against Elon, just dont like nazis beeing able to post tweets?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
OK, so to turn this around and get some balance to the discussion. How is it better for you?

Also, you still seem to have missed the answers to the more factual replies to you despite the reminders from other posters, I'm sure you'll get to them soon.
Yes please. People spent time writing considered replies, they deserve responses.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
And then there are people here who claim I am trolling here. Learn how to accept different views buddy, can only help you in life
I'm not trolling, I genuinely hate twitter and it's short-formism.

It may be a shock to you petal but I disagree with almost everyone all the time and don't feel your compulsion to be an arse about it. (Although I can be when necessary.) It's a policy that can only help you in life and in this thread.

I've suggested you don't post in here, which was a polite and gentle way of trying to mod the thread.

Another good policy to help you in life is learning to read a room.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Who are the left wing equivalent to nazis that have been reinstated? Give some names so I can check, please.
@Escobar can I get an answer to this? If you're being honest in this thread you can't simply not answer to some things.

Dve

Musk is a self-claimed free speech fundamentalist - with the result that neo-nazis (such as Donald Trump) - among others - more easily can spread their words in social media. Being a fundamentalist when it comes to free speech, however, does not disqualify you from being a decent person, although I personally would not allow Trump to use Twitter as a platform for his lies - unless you are allowed to tweet from American prisons...

It could be that he made Twitter worse, but for people like me, who does not use Twitter actively, it's not one of life's concerns. Allowing Trump to tweet again, in my eyes, is a far less crime than putting your country's resources in your own pockets - and buy a football club for it. So, based om morals, I'd rather see Musk as our new owner, than some thief from Middle East.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The problem with that is that you're right that he's a self-claimed free speech fundamentalist. In reality there is plenty of evidence that he's been heavily favouring the right. I think people still be upset if he was just allowing everyone to say whatever they wanted, but this is worse.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
The problem with that is that you're right that he's a self-claimed free speech fundamentalist. In reality there is plenty of evidence that he's been heavily favouring the right. I think people still be upset if he was just allowing everyone to say whatever they wanted, but this is worse.
His leaning to the right may not even be ideological but some tangent of ego and Randian megalomania that manifests as right wing.

Dve

What evidence are there that he's favouring the right? Has he ever blocked any tweets from liberals?

I don't agree with his personal political views, but are we at the point now where is evaluate any potential owner based on what political party they support? Do you know who Sir Alex Ferguson votes for? Do you even care?

At least Musk is not from dictatorial family, and building a fortune of selling electrical car must be better than selling oil, no?

I don't want Elon Musk as the new owner of Manchester United, by the way, I prefer Jim Ratcliffe every day of the week, but when people seem to prefer a Qatari sheik over Musk, it tells me the demonisation of Musk has gone too far, or they have no idea what Al Thani represents.