Elon Musk | Owner of X

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
No extremists are good, on either side, fullstop. But it's the left wing extremists that effect your day to day life. Right wing extremists have no voice, have no power, and have no influence on society. Left wing extremists get entertainment changed, companies to change products, get people fired, get businesses closed, get education changed, get fecking plastic straws banned, there are a powerful group with a lot of influence on our society, one of the most influential.
What a bizarre take.

Who's influence do you think it is that the US has trainings for kids to deal with school shootings rather than stricter gun laws? Why do you think the US has the largest prison complex per capita in the world? Why do you think they have no healthcare, abysmal federal minimum wage, an utterly hollowed out middle class and a system where 5% of workers have to work two jobs just to make ends meet? Who you think downsized corporate tax in the US from 53% in the 60s to 21% today?
Did you not notice that roe vs wade overturned was overturned last year? Or the insurrection that stormed capitol hill?

The modern US has been so utterly radicalised by the far right that presidents like Obama, who stood for what would be considered centrist republican policies in the 80s, had become a leftist democrat by the 00s.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I find that things I like and agree with tend not to have a perceptible negative impact on my life whereas things I tend to disagree with do have a perceptible negative impact on my life.

What a novel and entirely self aware position.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have you ever used a paper straw? Sorry, discussion over.

Can you see if you can find an equivalent video for a paper straw? I did have a look but couldn’t find one.

What was it you were saying it again? It goes a bit soggy woggy and you find it difficult to drink your poppy woppy?

cafecillos

No extremists are good, on either side, fullstop. But it's the left wing extremists that effect your day to day life. Right wing extremists have no voice, have no power, and have no influence on society. Left wing extremists get entertainment changed, companies to change products, get people fired, get businesses closed, get education changed, get fecking plastic straws banned, there are a powerful group with a lot of influence on our society, one of the most influential.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Go outside for a walk or something man, this isn't healthy, don't let politics ruin your life. Turn off the TV, and in no way shape or form will Ron De Santis ever affect your life.
This is so inexplicably dumb that I refuse to believe you’re a real person.

You’d just fall down all the time.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm taking it you've not followed what he said previously...
Too many threads :rolleyes: I lose track sometimes!

One thing that bugs me is the 1st amendment free speech thing, it's mystifying to me that a large % of Americans don't actually understand it!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Now this is total bollocks. So you think it was only some Twitter employees who had best intentions and for noble reasons started banning individuals who thought differently. Who do you think was responsible for that at the end of the line? And why would you ban anyone with another opinion when scientifically nothing is proven just yet?

You have double standards and are a hypocrite. Before Elon, Twitter was allowed to make mistake, but now not anymore as they dont have good intentions anymore... yeah right
Triggered. Go on then, who is Elon trying to protect by promoting Russian funded talking heads and downplaying ordinary journalists from his own country? Democracy right? Free speech? All that famous Russian free speech.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is so inexplicably dumb that I refuse to believe you’re a real person.

You’d just fall down all the time.
To be totally fair, Ron de Santis is not affecting the lives of people an Ocean away from Florida.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
What a load of absolute fecking bollocks. :lol:

I hope this was a WUM because there's no way anyone could actually believe this or type it with a straight face.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
To be totally fair, Ron de Santis is not affecting the lives of people an Ocean away from Florida.
I've seen portuguese people on twitter (one or two nuts, mind) mentioning recent florida's laws as an example for portuguese education, because teaching slave trade and portuguese expansion is hating your own country and kids shouldn't be subjected to that. For good and bad, whatever happens in the states ends up spilling into europe.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well that’s not true at all.

I’m an ocean away from Florida, but my best friends lives there with my goddaughter and he’s having a direct impact on their lives and her future, so whether you want to accept it or not that impacts my life.

And that’s just one anecdotal example.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The person claimed left-wing extremists affect daily life while right-wing extremists do not.

I can't think of one example where left-wing extremists are affecting my daily life whereas I can think of dozens where right-wing extremists in SCOTUS, Congress, state legislatures are affecting daily life.

Revan

Assumptionman
The person claimed left-wing extremists affect daily life while right-wing extremists do not.

I can't think of one example where left-wing extremists are affecting my daily life whereas I can think of dozens where right-wing extremists in SCOTUS, Congress, state legislatures are affecting daily life.
If you are left-wing you won't feel that, same as the right-wing poster in the other hand who doesn't feel right-wing extremists affecting their daily life.

For most part, people are not massively affected from extremists of either side. For most, tt is more an ideological warfare rather than something affecting their daily lives.

For what is worth, I think that the left-wing are comprehensively winning the social argument warfare, while the right wing have won the economical one.

I’m an ocean away from Florida, but my best friends lives there with my goddaughter and he’s having a direct impact on their lives and her future, so whether you want to accept it or not that impacts my life.

I don't have any reason to disbelief you. I meant more personally affecting people lives, not like them knowing someone there who doesn't really like what that politician main policies are.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
If you are left-wing you won't feel that, same as the right-wing poster in the other hand who doesn't feel right-wing extremists affecting their daily life.

For most part, people are not massively affected from extremists of either side. For most, tt is more an ideological warfare rather than something affecting their daily lives.

For what is worth, I think that the left-wing are comprehensively winning the social argument warfare, while the right wing have won the economical one.
So what are some examples of how left-extremists are affecting daily life?

I am skeptical of that entire premise because from where I'm at, the right-wing are ones with the power actually affecting daily lives (in areas such as voter suppression, freedom of choice for abortion, etc). I don't see comparable examples from the left. All I saw was some nonsense about paper straws, as if getting a paper straw actually "affects daily life" in any sort of way comparable to voter suppression, limiting abortion, etc.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I don't have any reason to disbelief you. I meant more personally affecting people lives, not like them knowing someone there who doesn't really like what that politician main policies are.
It’s pushing for universal healthcare vs. taking away reproductive rights. That’s the ideological divide. Saying extremists don’t affect the lives of everyday citizens is staggeringly obtuse.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Next update in twitter will be that musks twitter is not able to be blocked

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Insulting another member
That’s all well and good. But there are a lot of dumb people on the planet and you’re advocating for them. Pushing holocaust denying idiots into echo chambers where someone suggests it didn’t happen, and everyone listens to a compelling conspiracy theory… is not smart. It’s not progress. It’s the opposite.

“Why can’t we deny the holocaust here?”
‘Because it happened and millions of people died’

Imagine advocating for any space that thinks it’s sensible to allow thousands of idiots to have their points of countenance validated in some disgusting circlejerk.

It’s not edgy to be an idiot.
Advocating? You are an idiot, seriously

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'm sure some have slipped through the cracks, but Musk was very prolific about letting back a few very well known wrong'uns and has very clearly changed people's feeds in a very obvious direction. That's not even taking into account the dumpster fire of hks paid subscription shite. There is nothing subtle about my dislike for Elon Musk. He's a guargantuan twat and I hope he will continually step on lego for the rest of his life. There is nothing wrong with a little bias as long as you realize it's there and own up to it. You should try it sometime. If you don't know which conspiracy theories Musk has promoted you clearly lack the necessary knowledge on this subject to be taken seriously in a discussion.

Why am I engaging a CE forum troll anyway. Must be a lack of sleep. I mean honestly, how can you not see what ks wrong with Elon Musm and what he's dojng on Twitter and how can you not see him for the socially challenged manchild he is. You are either on the wind-up or a complete nutter.

I'm goin for wind-up.
Bring a real case, not just some banal accusations based on your emotions or topics you have a different opinion. Otherwise yo are the troll

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bring a real case, not just some banal accusations based on your emotions or topics you have a different opinion. Otherwise yo are the troll
Sorry mate I'm stuffed. Unless your next bait is a cup of coffee I'm out.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

Yeah, while the left does a wonderful job in Oregon without influencing anyone negatively

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Guess that did not bother you at all, why would it, it was not bad Elon who did it.
I don’t know why I’m bothering even replying to you given your previous form but what the hell are you on about?

1. I was talking about De Santis when you quoted me, in direct reply to someone saying he doesn’t impact people’s lives if they don’t live in Florida.

2. Why does something happening in Oregon mitigate what happens in Florida?

3. What are you talking about having happened in Oregon?

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'm assuming some lawsuits are starting to pile up. Though I was under the impression that Tesla could just update and turn off features in their cars to lock people out of things. Would have thought they would just do that instead of actually recall cars.