Elon Musk | Owner of X

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Do you use YouTube? TikTok? Instagram? Facebook? Reddit? There's vile parts of those platforms as well. Besides, how am I enabling the platform? Aren't you enabling the platform too, by posting in a discussion thread about it?
I'm pretty sure I'm doing the opposite. But I don't think we're going to agree about this. Thanks for your honest response, though.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I'm pretty sure I'm doing the opposite. But I don't think we're going to agree about this. Thanks for your honest response, though.
There is also tons of people using twitter to promote virtuos or wise content. Its just a platform that isnt heavily regulated.

And tons of stuff like sports stuff etc.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As long as it brings me any value, I see no reason to delete my account. I don't pay and I have no ads, nor do I tweet.
I’m really just questioning the value it brings you. You share a lot of tweets that are profoundly depressing to read. I’m assuming they’re only a small sample of all the head melting stuff you’re exposed to every day. That shit can grind you down over time. I know that’s what happened to me. And it seems a lot worse now than it was when I was last using it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I’m really just questioning the value it brings you. You share a lot of tweets that are profoundly depressing to read. I’m assuming they’re only a small sample of all the head melting stuff you’re exposed to every day. That shit can grind you down over time. I know that’s what happened to me. And it seems a lot worse now than it was when I was last using it.
They're depressing to read, sure, but they're also the reality of what's going on, and I enjoy being informed. Some of them are also more pathetically funny than depressing, though there's always elements of both because Musk is so dumb. We both frequent the CE forum too, even though a vast majority of the content is negative. I'd actually argue the Elon Musk thread is one of the less depressing ones in the CE, since so much of it is just absurdly dumb stuff.

That said, it's only part of what I see on Twitter. I also only see that sort of stuff filtered through accounts I've personally chosen to follow, which is usually for the purpose of highlighting how bad it is (and possibly finding a way to combat it) or outright making fun of it.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
As long as it brings me any value, I see no reason to delete my account. I don't pay and I have no ads, nor do I tweet.
Don't know if this is the case for you, but 99% of the atrocious or funny right-wing stuff I find there is stuff posted onto my timeline by someone highlighting it. I muted Musk months ago, that weird clickbait Kira account more than a year ago, and that's been enough to clear the direct sources. The "user experience" is much more undermined by the endless bot spam in the replies of every big tweet, likes and follows from bots, and more ads than usual. I've started blocking blue check nonsense on sight, must be up to around 10k by now. Easily the biggest issue in terms of wanting to quit the site.

On youtube, it was the opposite: the algorithm was throwing centre-right and right-wing sources at me every single time - homepage, recommendations, autoplay, etc. To the point that they took over the screen After many rounds of blocks, it's mostly ok (if limited) now.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Don't know if this is the case for you, but 99% of the atrocious or funny right-wing stuff I find there is stuff posted onto my timeline by someone highlighting it. I muted Musk months ago, that weird clickbait Kira account more than a year ago, and that's been enough to clear the direct sources. The "user experience" is much more undermined by the endless bot spam in the replies of every big tweet, likes and follows from bots, and more ads than usual. I've started blocking blue check nonsense on sight, must be up to around 10k by now. Easily the biggest issue in terms of wanting to quit the site.

On youtube, it was the opposite: the algorithm was throwing centre-right and right-wing sources at me every single time - homepage, recommendations, autoplay, etc. To the point that they took over the screen After many rounds of blocks, it's mostly ok (if limited) now.
Yeah, that matches my Twitter experience pretty well. Not so much YouTube, though. I don't think I've ever had an issue with the algorithm recommending me right-wing/conspiracy material.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: My YouTube is so vanilla compared to this. I never get recommended anything other than bouldering and fishing videos or stuff by Chris MD (I blame my son for that last one!)

caid

:lol: My YouTube is so vanilla compared to this. I never get recommended anything other than bouldering and fishing videos or stuff by Chris MD (I blame my son for that last one!)
I haven't used it in ages outside of links from elsewhere or searching for something specific. Mine was similar, it was recommending 3 pretty specific things and nothing else. It seemed to be an every decreasing circle of content or links for me.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Real or not, I wouldn't be surprised one bit. I remember during the 2016 election my devices got inundated with conservative (read: far right) talking points, channels etc, including many Russian ones (huh?). And I've heard I definitely was not alone in that experience. I blocked so many channels etc and it kept coming. And then it suddenly stopped. It was really quite unsettling.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We’ve reached the stage where half my ads are for Steven Miller’s “Were you discriminated against because you’re white” law firm or a sex toy called the enigma wave. At this point Twitter is like the Super Bowl, the commercials are more interesting than the content.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
We’ve reached the stage where half my ads are for Steven Miller’s “Were you discriminated against because you’re white” law firm or a sex toy called the enigma wave. At this point Twitter is like the Super Bowl, the commercials are more interesting than the content.
All I get is tagged in crypto/airdrop stuff and followed by bot accounts with zero followers and an avatar of some bint in a bikini.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't get either of those...

Today's it's cash management and The Athletic.

Belisarius

A) Financial fraud and gamifying stock price.
B) Paralysed VCs who believe he will do the things he promises (AI, Hyper loops etc)
It's remotely possible it might also have something to do with his having been instrumental in reducing the cost of putting a 1 kg payload into low earth orbit from about $80,000 on the space shuttle to about $15,000 on the Falcon 1 to about $2,500 on the Falcon 9.

Bert_

It's remotely possible it might also have something to do with his having been instrumental in reducing the cost of putting a 1 kg payload into low earth orbit from about $80,000 on the space shuttle to about $15,000 on the Falcon 1 to about $2,500 on the Falcon 9.
It's also possible that the engineers and managers SpaceX headhunted from competing aerospace companies did all that rather than Musk himself. He's the bank not the innovator.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Same way Glazers have something to do with our last UCL win.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

i'm 5/5 under elon
I’m 0/15 or something like that. Latest one was someone replying to Adam Crafton’s piece on the Newcastle chairman calling Crafton a homo sodomite. Doesn’t break the rules apparently.

Conor

Do you really think investors/CEOs of big companies actually worked in a lab to create the innovations they sell?
Do you think he's even actually performing the CEO role at any companies where he is the CEO? He's off taking ket and posting on social media most of the time. CEO in name only.

Mike Smalling

Do you think he's even actually performing the CEO role at any companies where he is the CEO? He's off taking ket and posting on social media most of the time. CEO in name only.
He's more of a figurehead than anything, I'd say. No person can adequately be CEO of multiple large corporations at once, and no 'normal' large corporation would allow their CEO to have another similar position at another company at the same time.

Belisarius

It's also possible that the engineers and managers SpaceX headhunted from competing aerospace companies did all that rather than Musk himself. He's the bank not the innovator.
Which is the answer to the original question which was "How did this moron become the richest man in the world?"