Elon Musk | Owner of X

phelans shorts

I can't imagine many parents arguing about who did what to whom in such a situation. Says a lot more about her than Elon that she'd deign to make the distinction, and make it publically.
It sounds like she’s disgusted he’s lied about something like that, which she has absolutely every right to be. It should be no surprise that they have no relationship to speak of given their daughter has openly disowned Elon already.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't imagine many parents arguing about who did what to whom in such a situation. Says a lot more about her than Elon that she'd deign to make the distinction, and make it publically.
Depends, if what she's said is the truth then how are you going to blame her for publicly correcting a statement he made in public?

mu4c_20le

So even if it were true you'd rather she kept it a secret?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I for one am shocked that DJ Jeff didn’t reply to this.
There should be a setting that stops posters from posting anywhere else until they reply to requests for proof.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Do you have any examples?
I think Jordan Peterson's ban was for something like that, but I could be wrong.
He made it a big stand, because the ban would be reversed if he deleted one tweet, but he refused to delete, ranted on youtube, etc (and has now won)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think Jordan Peterson's ban was for something like that, but I could be wrong.
He made it a big stand, because the ban would be reversed if he deleted one tweet, but he refused to delete, ranted on youtube, etc (and has now won)
Isn’t the problem not that you can’t make general claims like “only people with uteruses can be called women” etc etc but rather that you can’t target those sorts of things at individuals. Dead naming is (was?) banned I think.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
He's still researching all those dogs murdered by the Canadian police.

Drawfull

It sounds like she’s disgusted he’s lied about something like that, which she has absolutely every right to be. It should be no surprise that they have no relationship to speak of given their daughter has openly disowned Elon already.
Depends, if what she's said is the truth then how are you going to blame her for publicly correcting a statement he made in public?
So even if it were true you'd rather she kept it a secret?
It depends how he's 'lied'. If he wasn't in the room, for example, then have at him - but if both parents are mourning the loss of a child in the same space, it's a bit churlish of one party to feel the need to specifically correct the other about such a detail. Assuming both were there, then it's not that unreasonable for them to both say they had been holding the child at the time of passing, even if technically only one of the parents could have been doing so. Just as it's not that unreasonable that either party may misremember the specific order and timings due to grief.

stoinz

Some of the comments from his fanbois are qutie insufferable. Not sure which is more annoying now.

I really hope he does. Since being such a master coder, and genius inventer. Coding OS for mobile devices must be a cakewalk.
If he succeeds, it will give the industry the jolt they need to innovate. If he fails, it will give me immense joy.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Deleted my active account and created one with lists only: passive Twitter-as-a-glorified-news-bulletin now.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's probably already been mentioned but I'm sad to see to Sam Harris leave his twitter account. Wherever you put him in the spectrum, he often talks a lot of sense and I am aware of some of the stuff he's said that's been considered controversial for good reasons.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
This whole obsession with paedophilia is front and centre for right wing cranks at the moment. They’re weaponising it for political gain. Not ideal to see Musk has swallowed this agenda, hook line and sinker.
Given the fact they're all mostly nonces, is the highest irony.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's probably already been mentioned but I'm sad to see to Sam Harris leave his twitter account. Wherever you put him in the spectrum, he often talks a lot of sense and I am aware of some of the stuff he's said that's been considered controversial for good reasons.
If even Sam Harris has had enough controversial "free speech", you know something is very wrong indeed. It was a surprisingly pointed statement by him.

The prevailing opinion among "free speech absolutists" appears to be that this platform, in order to become healthy, must helplessly publish the malicious lies of any maniac, at scale, regardless of the consequences.
Good luck with that.
— Sam Harris (@SamHarrisOrg) November 19, 2022

NotThatSoph

If even Sam Harris has had enough controversial "free speech", you know something is very wrong indeed. It was a surprisingly pointed statement by him.
From quitting Patreon because they banned Lauren Southern for being an actual sea pirate trying to block rescue ships, to quitting Twitter because they don't ban enough people. Interesting journey.

Suv666

Dont agree with his views and he hangs out with the intellectual dark web right wing virgins but good on him for seeing some sense for once.

HookedOnAPhelan

Dont agree with his views and he hangs out with the intellectual dark web right wing virgins but good on him for seeing some sense for once.
He distanced himself from them years ago, they hate him now.

Interesting that he's managed to make himself persona non grata on both the left and the right - for very different reasons of course. I like his podcast though, he seems to me like a sensible dude for the most part.

Last edited: