Elon Musk | Owner of X

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Unreal. His short resume on Wikipedia is quite something.
While it's worrying that a member of the Caf seems to be engaging with or adhering to this guy, it's more troubling that the only people Elon Musk now engages with on Twitter are alt-right/white supremacist or similar individuals. He engages with vile racists in his mentions and takes their input as valid. It's incredibly dangerous for the wealthiest man in the world to be turning into Henry Ford.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This whole obsession with paedophilia is front and centre for right wing cranks at the moment. They’re weaponising it for political gain. Not ideal to see Musk has swallowed this agenda, hook line and sinker.
This is not the first time. Anyone alive in the US in the 80's will remember the Satanic Abuse "crisis" of the 80's and 90's, highlighted by the McMartin Preschool scandal. Nothing rials people up like the thought of their child being abused, it is why the tactic is so powerful, and so dangerous.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Then explain to me what's causes inflation.

Hint it isn't unions,greed,oil producers, corporations etc.

All economists agree that inflation is created by excess money supply and government spending.
Are you serious right now? The current inflation is caused by a combination of post-COVID shipping issues and the Russian invasion which are massively disrupting global fuel prices and heavily driving global inflation. It has basically nothing to do with Biden at the moment. This is pretty much the consensus view.

Here is the Wall Street Journal, hardly a bastion of leftist thought explaining it to you:
"I conceptualize the failure to anticipate how long supply-chain problems would last as placing excessive faith in capitalism. We economists tend to believe that profit-seeking capitalists will sniff out, act on and profit from high prices whenever and wherever they pop up. You know: Buy low, sell high. That’s happening, but far more slowly than I imagined. In addition, new waves of Covid keep coming.

Much of the rest of the error in forecasting inflation can be traced directly to the war in Ukraine, which has severely constricted the world’s supplies of oil, wheat, fertilizer and other products. CPI data show that food inflation and energy inflation together have added about 2.6 percentage points to the overall inflation rate over the last 12 months."

You can also look into how the COVID induced rise of shipping costs have contributed to rising prices around the world. At one point the cost of a 40-foot shipping had risen from around $1,300 pre-COVID to $11,000 or even thousands more at peak. Your takes here really ignore the impact of global events and how much they affect global inflation (which will obviously differ from nation to nation due to how exposed different countries are to these factors). The globalized economy has pretty much never experienced a disruption to shipping the way COVID did so it's expected to cause problems like this over a few years while everything adjusts. And Russia's invasion has had a massive impact on fuel costs and food costs (although, again, that's going to differ depending on the country).

You add in the Fed (and other central banks) to a much smaller degree because their error was in poorly forecasting the impact of post-COVID shipping and the Russian invasion as the WSJ mentions so yes, it's a factor but one dependent on the two important worldwide conditions.

Blaming Biden is just ignorance.

Last edited:

NotThatSoph

Some quotes from Paul Ray Ramsey, Musk's and @thegregster's (new?) buddy:

Single mothers, rampant divorce, abortion and falling birth rates are part of the cancer that is destroying what is left of Western Civilization. But very few people (even conservatives) fail to realize that the inception of this cancer can be found in the passage of the 19th amendment.
The 19th amendment gave women the right to vote in the US.

If I were the EU president I would appoint Breivik as head of the refugee commission. We nee some creative solutions.
Anders Behring Breivik is a nazi who killed 77 people in a terrorist attack.

I believe it [the Holocaust] should be able to be discussed, let me put it that way. And that’s because — and it depends what you mean by the Holocaust. Do you mean that 6 million figure? You know that 6 million figure has been used many times before World War II, did you know that?
Edit: fixed quotes.

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Some quotes from Paul Ray Ramsey, Musk's and @thegregster's (new?) buddy:

The 19th amendment gave women the right to vote in the US.

Anders Behring Breivik is a nazi who killed 77 people in a terrorist attack.

Edit: fixed quotes.
He might be a wrong' un

Revan

Assumptionman
Its the 7th biggest company by maket cap. 3 years ago it was at 144.

Like all major companies the stock was overvalued. The stock is doing well all things considered. Not really his fault Biden is a disaster.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/07/investing/stock-market-biden/index.html

The stock market under President Biden started with a boom, but it heads into the midterm elections looking more like a bust.

As of Monday, the S&P 500 has fallen by 1.2% since Biden took office in January 2021. That marks the second-worst performance during a president’s first 656 calendar days in office since former President Jimmy Carter, according to CFRA Research.
Stock market was going great this year. Until that little thing happened. Ah yes, it was the war.

Blaming Biden for that is somewhere between idiotic and dishonest.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The guy's a breath of fresh air, c'mon. Just reading a list of the other richest people on earth is enough to put anyone to sleep. Musk is a character; always good for a laugh.
He’s a craven criminal and anyone that likes him is almost always weird as feck.

Revan

Assumptionman
Inflation is made in one place and one only. Washington. Biden and the fed are to blame for inflation.

The only thing that can cause inflation is monetary policy and gov spend.
Hmmm, same policy during Trump's era that increased the public debt from 19T to 28T, more than any other president during 4 years.

Republicans love to talk about monetary policies. When they are in opposition, of course.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Hmmm, same policy during Trump's era that increased the public debt from 19T to 28T, more than any other president during 4 years.

Republicans love to talk about monetary policies. When they are in opposition, of course.
Indeed. I'm against Trumps/Rep economic policies especially those from 2016-2020. Eg new tariffs,running a budget deficit in his first year and then let it increase etc.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Like all major companies the stock was overvalued.
You can’t put foundations of your argument in $ market value and then say the market has no idea about the value of things.

That’s among the dumbest things I can imagine.

“Look how valuable this things is!”
[Stock tanks]
“It was overvalued anyway. I knew this”

Like…. What, the even?

Revan

Assumptionman
Indeed. I'm against Trumps/Rep economic policies especially those from 2016-2020. Eg new tariffs,running a budget deficit in his first year and then let it increase etc.
The current inflation has not much to do with Biden though. US spent more money than it had. Under Clinton, under Bush, under Obama, under Trump. There might have been reasons for that (war for Bush, Obamacare for Obama, covid for Trump), but it still happened under both Republican and Democrat presidents. Bush doubled the public debt, so did Obama, and Trump increased by half (for only 4 years). In total, the public debt increased as much under Trump in 4 years as under Obama for 8.

Add to that global macroeconomic problems, high costs of oil, and especially the war in Ukraine, and shit happened. It had to happen, of course. You always pay the price for mismanagement and bad fiscal policies, sooner or later.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You can’t put foundations of your argument in $ market value and then say the market has no idea about the value of things.

[Stock tanks]

Like…. What, the even?
Economic bubble. Created by Biden and his buddies in both houses.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_bubble

Revan

Assumptionman

[Stock tanks]

Like…. What, the even?
To be fair, even after stock tanking, Tesla is the 7th most valuable company in the world. And if the stock further tanks for 50%, it would be the 27th, just behind Meta (and way ahead of Toyota (45th) and VW (154th)).

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
It's funny that a couple pages ago we had someone saying something in the likes of "relax and enjoy the ride. What could go wrong?", followed almost inmediately by a guy quoting a Twitter nutjob while blaming liberals for pedophilia and Biden for worldwide inflation. Well, THAT could go wrong. Who controls and/or gatekeeps information, is actually a big deal.

I asume some people thought "What could go wrong" when Trump announced in 2015.

mu4c_20le

It's funny that a couple pages ago we had someone saying something in the likes of "relax and enjoy the ride. What could go wrong?", followed almost inmediately by a guy quoting a Twitter nutjob while blaming liberals for pedophilia and Biden for worldwide inflation. Well, THAT could go wrong. Who controls and/or gatekeeps information, is actually a big deal.

I asume some people thought "What could go wrong" when Trump announced in 2015.
No wars happened when he was in office tbf

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
No wars happened when he was in office tbf
Nope, he just polarized the country, staged a coup attempt, enabled Putin and weakened NATO, most of which were fundamental to what ocurred later. But no, no wars at sight with him on the helm.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He knows exactly what he’s doing. Polling on his own account followed by mostly right wing losers.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He saw how successful TruthSocial is and thought “I want me some of that”.