Elon Musk | Owner of X

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Errm almost all big companies world wide use Cloud now. Even a company as big as Apple used a different cloud company for a lot of their storage rather than their own infrastructure. All SM companies like Snap, TikTok also use it. Insta uses one by FB. Pretty much Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Meta are the only companies who can afford to manage their own cloud infra without any reliance on 3P ones. OCI too I guess.
I'd say on top of this that they run cloud infra in multiple regions with redundancy in case one region goes down. Seen it first hand a number of times when that happens too, and in a couple of companies.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He has reached today Trump’s level of idiocy, ignorance and self-regard… another milestone for mankind!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I'm pretty sure I'd become a terrorist if they enacted this in Norway.
It’s such a bad take, but the part about the childless not having a stake in the future is really telling of him. Him not being able to fathom how anyone would care what happens to billions of people once they’re dead is really funny (unless they have kids of course, and in his mind I’m sure they’re just an extension of himself).

nimic

something nice
Scout
It’s such a bad take, but the part about the childless not having a stake in the future is really telling of him. Him not being able to fathom how anyone would care what happens to billions of people once they’re dead is really funny (unless they have kids of course, and in his mind I’m sure they’re just an extension of himself).
His wife and child have left him and want nothing to do with him, so I wonder if he thinks bad parents like him should lose the vote then?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
So many childless heads of State too.

Merkel, Macron, Theresa May etc

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
This is horrible, where is the Pepsi? Now I don't want to go to jail.
the next nordic detective series is nimic exposing the ties between the norwegian prison system and the coca cola company.
the stakes are automatically high - if he is arrested, he will have to drink that garbage from a company that's unhappy with him...

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pretty sure he bought Twitter in order to fix it. But so far it looks like it has turned into a playground for intern developers and intern system admins, if you don't know there are actual product managers and tons of experienced engineers that get paid millions behind this mess. Basically the leadership has failed them.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've noticed that in my surroundings (work for example) no one really discusses Elon's right-wing culture shenanigans and weird decisions.

He is still seen as this genius innovator who is doing good for the world through electric cars, space stuff etc.

The Firestarter

I've noticed that in my surroundings (work for example) no one really discusses Elon's right-wing culture shenanigans and weird decisions.

He is still seen as this genius innovator who is doing good for the world through electric cars, space stuff etc.
That's because most people don't care about twitter

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He did invent electric cars, space travel and e-payments admittedly. Social media too, he invented Twitter.

Suv666

Your work mates are conservative probably

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Tesla is still well-regarded a car-maker.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Tesla is still well-regarded a car-maker.
It’s really not. They make very cheap cars and charge a premium. They’re unreliable, wildly expensive to fix, and the older cars are falling apart already. They have a shorter life than cars from major manufacturers. Cheap plastics and squeaky interiors that start to rattle inside a couple of years.

They’re awful cars and are surviving on a brand cachet they never deserved and soon won’t have.

When aggregating for volume sold, they’ve had most of the largest car recalls in automotive history. They should be nowhere near the top of these lists (one below). They sell about one million cars a year and have had 4million recalls in a year and a half. Their recalls are almost always on really serious operational parts though. Throttle controls and such.

Full on emperors new clothes of a car co.

——

Car Manufacturers Who Have Recalled The Most Cars Since 2022–And How Tesla Fits In

1. Ford: 9,141,131 cars, 72 recalls
  2. Tesla: 4,132,303 cars, 21 recalls
  3. General Motors: 3,415,313 cars, 34 recalls
  4. Fiat-Chrysler/Stellantis: 3,338,259 cars, 33 recalls
  5. Nissan: 2,037,432 cars, 16 recalls
  6. Kia: 1,490,939 cars, 26 recalls
  7. Hyundai: 1,468,531 cars, 24 recalls
  8. Mercedes-Benz: 1,417,652, 35 recalls
  9. Volkswagen: 1,100,114 cars, 47 recalls
  10. BMW: 1,038,420 cars, 26 recalls

Abizzz

It’s really not. They make very cheap cars and charge a premium. They’re unreliable, wildly expensive to fix, and the older cars are falling apart already. They have a shorter life than cars from major manufacturers. Cheap plastics and squeaky interiors that start to rattle inside a couple of years.

They’re awful cars and are surviving on a brand cachet they never deserved and soon won’t have.

When aggregating for volume sold, they’ve had most of the largest car recalls in automotive history.

That's an awful lot of work for a sarcastic @horsechoker post.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

When aggregating for volume sold, they’ve had most of the largest car recalls in automotive history. They should be nowhere near the top of these lists (one below). They sell about one million cars a year and have had 4million recalls in a year and a half. Their recalls are almost always on really serious operational parts though. Throttle controls and such.

——

Car Manufacturers Who Have Recalled The Most Cars Since 2022–And How Tesla Fits In

Yet people keep buying them.

RedDevilQuebecois

Rei Hiroe, a Japanese manga artist and the creator of the very popular Black Lagoon, had this to say when talking about the mess at Twitter.

He channeled his inner Revy. :eek: :devil:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Rei Hiroe, a Japanese manga artist and the creator of the very popular Black Lagoon, had this to say when talking about the mess at Twitter.

And we all know exactly what that means.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

hahaha brilliant thanks for sharing

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

——

No normal person cares about that nerd. If you told me all that in real life I'd tell you to go away.

Seriously though, to the average person Tesla is a good brand. The average person isn't as up to date or knowledgeable about a lot of things, they still Gareth Southgate is a great manager.

RedDevilQuebecois

It’s all Dutch to me.
Uncannily funny because there is an actual major character named Dutch in Black Lagoon. :lol:

And we all know exactly what that means.
Yep. That's why I uttered a big "yikes!" when I first saw that and yet it was not surprising considering the level of generalized anger that the mess created worldwide.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

No normal person cares about that nerd. If you told me all that in real life I'd tell you to go away.

Seriously though, to the average person Tesla is a good brand. The average person isn't as up to date or knowledgeable about a lot of things, they still Gareth Southgate is a great manager.
Didnt realise I’d swallowed a baited hook tbf.

Regardless of how quickly you walk away from people giving you information in real life, I don’t think the average person thinks anything of Tesla cars beyond brand cachet and it’s nosediving.

As you hate information so much I’ll throw a load more in. Owners are giving them up for better cars. Their long mooted semi truck has exactly zero chance of being adopted by trucking companies. Their car resale values are nosediving. The company will be dead/irrelevant inside 15-20 years.

All that square headed Fcuk had was an illusion of competence. This Twitter purchase has shown everyone that he’s full of shit.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Didnt realise I’d swallowed a baited hook tbf.

Regardless of how quickly you walk away from people giving you information in real life, I don’t think the average person thinks anything of Tesla cars beyond brand cachet and it’s nosediving.

As you hate information so much I’ll throw a load more in. Owners are giving them up for better cars. Their long mooted semi truck has exactly zero chance of being adopted by trucking companies. Their car resale values are nosediving. The company will be dead/irrelevant inside 15-20 years.

All that square headed Fcuk had was an illusion of competence. This Twitter purchase has shown everyone that he’s full of shit.
While I agree with what you're saying and having watched a 20 minute video on this matter it all checks out.

My point was that the average Joe isn't aware of Tesla's declining status yet. They probably still think Lord Sugar is a brilliant businessman or Jamie Oliver is a great chef.

UnrelatedPsuedo

My point was that the average Joe isn't aware of Tesla's declining status yet. They probably still think Lord Sugar is a brilliant businessman or Jamie Oliver is a great chef.
It’s a fair point. Hence the baited hook comment. I bristle when anyone suggests that Tesla make good cars and railrd against it.

They had an incredible PR guy. Just as Trump was at one point.

I do think people are savvier than you think though. Teslas are not the status symbol they once were. Had that dickhead kept his head down and maintained the idea that everything he touches turns to gold, the image would have continued. Now that he’s gone full facist, the brand reputation is tracking his. There’s nobody to keep blowing air into the balloon with a hole in it. Personally, I think it’ll fail faster than you think.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
So Twitter is rolling out a new Tweetdeck, which is worse than the old Tweetdeck, that will be Twitter Blue-only. I guess this is the end of me regularly using Twitter.