Elon Musk | Owner of X

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
The conspiracy theorist inside me believes the main reason Musk bought it is for the 2024 elections. His shenanigans are carefully designed to drive away active liberal voices so he'll end up with the giant right-wing echo chamber that they've always dreamed of. Still full of millions of people that don't really give a shit about all the drama (the vast majority of twitter users), that they can bombard with well crafted misinformation. Funding is not really an issue, $44billion is cheap as chips relative to the collective scumbags around the world that benefit from Trump getting back in power, or just want to see the US burn.
After a few weeks of elontweeter i started to think the same. Twitter will lose value, but he will get it elsewhere through the push of right wing narrative political perversion. Maybe through tesla subsidis, space X comtracts or straight corruption payments

Balljy

After a few weeks of elontweeter i started to think the same. Twitter will lose value, but he will get it elsewhere through the push of right wing narrative political perversion. Maybe through tesla subsidis, space X comtracts or straight corruption payments
The first two you'd see in their accounts. The latter is very likely to be a story in a few years I'm sure.

Suv666

Well, in about two days Threads has reached 15 to 20% of Twitter's userbase. Could this be it?
Because its just an extension to Instagram. Its crap tbh. I don’t want to read the thoughts of the brain dead narcissists I follow on Instagram. I followed them cause they’re hot and I wanted to smash.

The journalists, academics and the other experts in their field don’t use Instagram and likely won’t migrate. The timeline is weird too. They must have enough info given I doom scroll Instagram a lot, my TL should be better tailored to my taste. Also no follower only tab is fecking weird.

A couple of months and Threads will be a ghost town unless they introduce major features.

Superden

Elon invented internet payments, electric cars and twitter. only those whove taken the red pill and swallowed the globalist agenda think otherwise. and lesbian commies.
(he didnt invent lesbian commies). might have helped on their journey though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Elon invented internet payments, electric cars and twitter. only those whove taken the red pill and swallowed the globalist agenda think otherwise. and lesbian commies.
(he didnt invent lesbian commies). might have helped on their journey though.
Wait a second, I thought being red pilled makes one based?

I'm so confused. :(

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Can't believe he actually wrote that. Pathetic.

crossy1686

career ending
You know you've fecked up when the average person is rooting for Zuck and Meta to crush your shit platform. I never thought I'd see a universe where Facebook where the good guys, but count me in.

The Firestarter

You know you've fecked up when the average person is rooting for Zuck and Meta to crush your shit platform. I never thought I'd see a universe where Facebook where the good guys, but count me in.
Are they fighting or that cnut pussied out

CloneMC16

Makes sense for Twitter traffic to tank when you only get to view 600 tweets a day. Using the site over the last few days has been awful.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Makes sense for Twitter traffic to tank when you only get to view 600 tweets a day. Using the site over the last few days has been awful.
Didnt know that the restriction of 600 was since january

CloneMC16

The graph you quoted is since january though
I did not quote the graph, but I see what you mean now. The traffic has still taken a big nose dive since July began.

Before that, people probably got triggered over Elon allowing conservatives to post on Twitter. They were mostly banned/shadow banned before he took over.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I did not quote the graph, but I see what you mean now. The traffic has still taken a big nose dive since July began.

Before that, people probably got triggered over Elon allowing conservatives to post on Twitter. They were mostly banned/shadow banned before he took over.
Yes, a more dip when you look after the restriction that you mentioned. But a business is suppose to grow no steadily decline. And whatever he did, it didnt bounced back and had been losing users non stop. So through a elon musk fan lens might be ok, but through business lens he is tanking it so far

CloneMC16

Yes, a more dip when you look after the restriction that you mentioned. But a business is suppose to grow no steadily decline. And whatever he did, it didnt bounced back and had been losing users non stop. So through a elon musk fan lens might be ok, but through business lens he is tanking it so far
He is definitely tanking it. I dont believe he can stop the slide, unless he reverts Twitter back to how it was prior to his takeover. Remove Twitter Blue and go back to the legacy blue check marks. Ban conservative view points. He isnt going to do either.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is definitely tanking it. I dont believe he can stop the slide, unless he reverts Twitter back to how it was prior to his takeover. Remove Twitter Blue and go back to the legacy blue check marks. Ban conservative view points. He isnt going to do either.
I don't think this is what happened. I'm sure their policy would have principally been something along the lines of "ban people inciting violence or hatred on the basis of a protected characteristic". Which makes perfect sense from a legal perspective as giving those people an unchecked platform is likely illegal in countries such as the UK. They will have also banned misinformation, which makes complete sense from a commercial point of view as you want your platform to be seen as a trustworthy source of news or it will be unpalatable to many advertisers.

I don't think anybody has been banned for saying they believe the state should be shrunk down or that abortion is wrong for example. Not unless they've also done something else such as incite hatred, send abusive messages or deliberately spread misinformation.

RedDevilQuebecois

One thing that can be true about talking points from certain conservatives since the Trump years approached/began is this: Twitter would have been in a better place if it used the same algorithm that was used against ISIS in order to fight hate speech and deliberate misinformation. That means certain governments, conspiracy theorists and other vile creatures should have been given a perma-ban a long time ago for repeated offenses, even if that includes certain American politicians from the fringes of the GOP. Donald Trump should have been perma-banned by Jack a very long time ago.

That being said, Elon is a fecking idiot for alllowing more room and space for those vile entities to spew bullshit after bullshit.