Elon Musk | Owner of X

crossy1686

career ending
You know you've fecked up when the average person is rooting for Zuck and Meta to crush your shit platform. I never thought I'd see a universe where Facebook where the good guys, but count me in.

The Firestarter

You know you've fecked up when the average person is rooting for Zuck and Meta to crush your shit platform. I never thought I'd see a universe where Facebook where the good guys, but count me in.
Are they fighting or that cnut pussied out

CloneMC16

Makes sense for Twitter traffic to tank when you only get to view 600 tweets a day. Using the site over the last few days has been awful.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Makes sense for Twitter traffic to tank when you only get to view 600 tweets a day. Using the site over the last few days has been awful.
Didnt know that the restriction of 600 was since january

CloneMC16

The graph you quoted is since january though
I did not quote the graph, but I see what you mean now. The traffic has still taken a big nose dive since July began.

Before that, people probably got triggered over Elon allowing conservatives to post on Twitter. They were mostly banned/shadow banned before he took over.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I did not quote the graph, but I see what you mean now. The traffic has still taken a big nose dive since July began.

Before that, people probably got triggered over Elon allowing conservatives to post on Twitter. They were mostly banned/shadow banned before he took over.
Yes, a more dip when you look after the restriction that you mentioned. But a business is suppose to grow no steadily decline. And whatever he did, it didnt bounced back and had been losing users non stop. So through a elon musk fan lens might be ok, but through business lens he is tanking it so far

CloneMC16

Yes, a more dip when you look after the restriction that you mentioned. But a business is suppose to grow no steadily decline. And whatever he did, it didnt bounced back and had been losing users non stop. So through a elon musk fan lens might be ok, but through business lens he is tanking it so far
He is definitely tanking it. I dont believe he can stop the slide, unless he reverts Twitter back to how it was prior to his takeover. Remove Twitter Blue and go back to the legacy blue check marks. Ban conservative view points. He isnt going to do either.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is definitely tanking it. I dont believe he can stop the slide, unless he reverts Twitter back to how it was prior to his takeover. Remove Twitter Blue and go back to the legacy blue check marks. Ban conservative view points. He isnt going to do either.
I don't think this is what happened. I'm sure their policy would have principally been something along the lines of "ban people inciting violence or hatred on the basis of a protected characteristic". Which makes perfect sense from a legal perspective as giving those people an unchecked platform is likely illegal in countries such as the UK. They will have also banned misinformation, which makes complete sense from a commercial point of view as you want your platform to be seen as a trustworthy source of news or it will be unpalatable to many advertisers.

I don't think anybody has been banned for saying they believe the state should be shrunk down or that abortion is wrong for example. Not unless they've also done something else such as incite hatred, send abusive messages or deliberately spread misinformation.

RedDevilQuebecois

One thing that can be true about talking points from certain conservatives since the Trump years approached/began is this: Twitter would have been in a better place if it used the same algorithm that was used against ISIS in order to fight hate speech and deliberate misinformation. That means certain governments, conspiracy theorists and other vile creatures should have been given a perma-ban a long time ago for repeated offenses, even if that includes certain American politicians from the fringes of the GOP. Donald Trump should have been perma-banned by Jack a very long time ago.

That being said, Elon is a fecking idiot for alllowing more room and space for those vile entities to spew bullshit after bullshit.

Dr. StrangeHate

Having all social media under the control of Zuck is still a very terrifying scenario. That guy is probably going to live to over 100 as well.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The number of posts from those I follow is definitely down over the last few weeks. I thought it might be b/c of the 4th holiday, but I think it is Twitter just kinda fading away.

icehole

The number of posts from those I follow is definitely down over the last few weeks. I thought it might be b/c of the 4th holiday, but I think it is Twitter just kinda fading away.
I hope so, but the problem is that the professional class (journalists and serious pundits) needs a place to go. Until a credible alternative shows up we'll be stuck with Elon's vision for social media.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
What is Zack the original founder of Twitter doing this days after cashing out big time!?

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
I hope so, but the problem is that the professional class (journalists and serious pundits) needs a place to go. Until a credible alternative shows up we'll be stuck with Elon's vision for social media.
They're all on Threads now.