Emiliano Sala: Rest In Peace

galwayfa

If they were dead before impact, they still knew they were in trouble as didn't he text mates saying he be lucky to get across the sea.

Red00012

If they were dead before impact, they still knew they were in trouble as didn't he text mates saying he be lucky to get across the sea.
That was tongue in cheek I’d say as opposed to him knowing it was going to happen.

Brophs

The One and Only
Legally speaking, there seems to be an element of splitting the baby in this decision. Either the was a Cardiff footballer, which should mean they bear the legal cost of the acquisition, or he wasn't, in which case it would be Nantes' hard luck.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Legally speaking, there seems to be an element of splitting the baby in this decision. Either the was a Cardiff footballer, which should mean they bear the legal cost of the acquisition, or he wasn't, in which case it would be Nantes' hard luck.
I’m guessing that it was being paid in installments and they are ruling that due to the small amount of time he was on Cardiff’s books then only the first installment is due. Personally I think it’s harsh - Cardiff should pay the full amount and claim insurance

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I’m guessing that it was being paid in installments and they are ruling that due to the small amount of time he was on Cardiff’s books then only the first installment is due. Personally I think it’s harsh - Cardiff should pay the full amount and claim insurance
Insurance won't pay out as Sala wasn't technically their player - unfortunately this situation is harsh on both clubs, but a person died so it's all irrelevant.

Brophs

The One and Only
Maybe. I'll be interested to hopefully read the decision. Cardiff, as I understand it, argued that he hadn't been registered and, even so, the contract had been frustrated and was incapable of being fulfilled. If they believe that Cardiff owe Nantes money then they are saying that the agreement was validly concluded. If that's the case, then why are Nantes bearing any loss on the transfer fee?

That's from a purely legal perspective, of course. This is far from the most important aspect of this case.

Bulldog United

It’s a bizarre ruling, albeit in tragic circumstances that will almost never happen. Surely Nantes will appeal to CaS on the grounds if the contract was legally active, as FIFA has effectively ruled, they are well within their rights to collect full payment.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It’s a bizarre ruling, albeit in tragic circumstances that will almost never happen. Surely Nantes will appeal to CaS on the grounds if the contract was legally active, as FIFA has effectively ruled, they are well within their rights to collect full payment.
Makes me wonder if FIFA intentionally went with a bizarre compromise ruling, in order to punt the case to the CAS and wash their hands clean of it.

R'hllor

Didnt follow this whole thing much but do they claim he wasnt their player when they have to pay the money while he was their player when those pictures around Cardiff stadium went around the world?

Based Adnan

Of course Cardiff will pay the full amount

Nantes only a filed a case against them for £6M because that is the amount due right now. As soon as the next installment is due and if Cardiff fail to pay, the process will just repeat itself. Can't exactly make a case against Cardiff for not paying installments that weren't due to be paid can they?

stepic

Cardiff are making themselves out to be right fecking bastards in this whole sorry case. He was clearly going to be their player, they’re being frankly pathetic trying to get out of this on technicalities. What a sorry state of a club, dragging Sala’s name through all of this.

fergiesarmy1

Cardiff are making themselves out to be right fecking bastards in this whole sorry case. He was clearly going to be their player, they’re being frankly pathetic trying to get out of this on technicalities. What a sorry state of a club, dragging Sala’s name through all of this.
Should be ashamed of themselves, it surely will cause more damage to their reputation than what they are hoping the eventual long term outcome is.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
If I am another club I would not negotiate or make and deals with Cardiff. Period. Disgusting by the club. Hope they get liquidated.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s awful but not surprising. I remember when I switched to the family stand due to mates having young children, and I think in either the first or second game I’d moved to that stand I heard a woman say ‘lazy n*’ when describing one of our own fecking players. I’m 100% certain that this type of behaviour affects every club, but there are a vile group of Swansea fans who have caused plenty of trouble over the years.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
A pretty horrid gesture to make regarding a player who never even played for the club. It's a real spit in the face of Sala's grieving family who have nothing to do with this rivalry. With it being on social media, there's a fair chance some of them will have seen it, which is pretty horrible to think about.

TheReligion

Abusive
Genuine question, what crime would this be classified as? Its obviously a horrible thing to do however I am not sure that it is illegal?
Not seen the image but there's offences under the public order and malicious communications act that are likely being considered.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Cardiff are disgusting. They don’t deserve to be honouring and paying tributes to a player they refuse to pay for. He can’t rest in peace while Cardiff continue to drag this out.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i've been on several youtube binges regarding plane crashes and an overconfident non instrument-rated pilot flying into conditions beyond their capability is quite commo in smaller planes. wonder if cardiff or someone was pressuring the pilot to get the plane over quickly before the window closed. sometimes it happens because of a quick change in weather making visual flying impossible, but here the problem was night, which is something you surely calculate beforehand.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Not the pilot. Whoever the organisation & people who allowed him to fly it need to be sued. They are the real one.
I understand that aswell but surely he should have shown some responsibility and refused to fly if he didn’t have the licence?

Not my area of expertise by any means so I may be being naive.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was on another forum where someone reckoned one of the posters was the pilot. It was all a bit surreal and we may never know. There was some circumstantial evidence knocking about.

His last login was a few days before the crash, he hasn't been back since. He was a gas engineer the same as the pilot and likely around the same age.

Did a bit of digging myself and found that he mentioned finding something in a shop in Doncaster which is the nearest big town to where the pilot lived and mention of horses in the family which was consistent too.