Emmanuel Macron

Full bodied red

Have you thought about basing your expectations for Macron on what he as a politician (advisor to Hollande, minister in Holland cabinet, campaiging politician) has said, done or attempted to get done?

Never let the reality get in the way of what you think is going to happen.

Macron will do wonders for the EU and the square root of nothing for France - absolutely nailed on to be an EU BigWigComissioner in five years time when he loses the next Presidentials.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Macron will do wonders for the EU and the square root of nothing for France - absolutely nailed on to be an EU BigWigComissioner in five years time when he loses the next Presidentials.
Spoken like a true Brexiteer.

What you - and Teresa May - need to realise is that if anyone "does wonders" for the EU then countries like France will benefit massively, seeing as they are one of the biggest economies in the EU.

The propaganda being spread by the tories - that any one large European country can thrive in a scenario where the EU as a whole does not - is laughable. Crazy that anyone could take it seriously. The power of wishful thinking, I guess.

Full bodied red

Spoken like a true Brexiteer.

What you - and Teresa May - need to realise is that if anyone "does wonders" for the EU then countries like France will benefit massively, seeing as they are one of the biggest economies in the EU.

The propaganda being spread by the tories - that any one large European country can thrive in a scenario where the EU as a whole does not - is laughable. Crazy that anyone could take it seriously. The power of wishful thinking, I guess.

And his record to date as a member of Hollande's circle / government ? Laughable....

But hang on....He's supposed to be our President - not some EU appointee to ensure 'Further and deeper integration'. If that's what he wants to do and what he's going to do, then he should have stood for election as an EU Comissioner. Oh sh*t, silly me - we aren't allowed to vote for those, are we ? They're just 'appointed' from the usual list of washed-up politicos still trying to stay on the Public Payroll.

Feck all to do with the Tories in the UK...I love it here, but some things need to change pronto. A better France should be in France's own hands - not dependent on whether the EU thrives - and I don't see it with Macron v the unions.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
And his record to date as a member of Hollande's circle / government ? Laughable....

But hang on....He's supposed to be our President - not some EU appointee to ensure 'Further and deeper integration'. If that's what he wants to do and what he's going to do, then he should have stood for election as an EU Comissioner. Oh sh*t, silly me - we aren't allowed to vote for those, are we ? They're just 'appointed' from the usual list of washed-up politicos still trying to stay on the Public Payroll.

Feck all to do with the Tories in the UK...I love it here, but some things need to change pronto. A better France should be in France's own hands - not dependent on whether the EU thrives - and I don't see it with Macron v the unions.
He was elected on a platform of being a pro-EU politician who supports integration. It's not as if he's tried to hide those views. If he tries to pursue further integration within the EU for France then it's because he presumably has some semblance of support from the French electorate to do so. And if they dislike such plans, they have every chance to vote him out in four years time. Which seems fair.

Although I'll agree the EU does have problems when it comes to accountability.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Just occurred to me, they probably deliberately change the spelling of his name because of what "putin" means in French. If the cap fits...
Poutine is only a Quebec thing. We just love to put a french flavour on everything. Though we should probably rename Trump "Trompe".

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Poutine is only a Quebec thing. We just love to put a french flavour on everything. Though we should probably rename Trump "Trompe".
It's a Quebec thing but it's also widely available throughout Canada. Even McDonalds have Poutine on their menus in places like Toronto.

Full bodied red

He was elected on a platform of being a pro-EU politician who supports integration. It's not as if he's tried to hide those views. If he tries to pursue further integration within the EU for France then it's because he presumably has some semblance of support from the French electorate to do so. And if they dislike such plans, they have every chance to vote him out in four years time. Which seems fair.

Truthfully, he was rightfully and thankfully elected because the alternative was an incompetent and, even worse, unelectable racist.

As I've said before....No way are 30%+ of French people racists, but they still voted for LePen. It can only have been because she promised to reduce the EU's influence on domestic affairs here with her now immortal phrase - I want to be the President of France, not Frau Merkel's Deputy.

Unelectable as President she may be, but she reminded the French electorate where Macron's priorities are and they voted for her.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Truthfully, he was rightfully and thankfully elected because the alternative was an incompetent and, even worse, unelectable racist.

As I've said before....No way are 30%+ of French people racists, but they still voted for LePen. It can only have been because she promised to reduce the EU's influence on domestic affairs here with her now immortal phrase - I want to be the President of France, not Frau Merkel's Deputy.

Unelectable as President she may be, but she reminded the French electorate where Macron's priorities are and they voted for her.
Well yeah...they did. 35% or so. Macron still won. If he chooses to increase French links with the EU it's because the French people gave him a mandate to do so. And if they change their minds, or feel that he's gone too far, they're perfectly entitled to vote him out again. It's not as if the French are inherently against the EU either...most polls suggest they support the union, and if there to be a referendum they'd likely vote to remain.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football

Reality is that you don't know at all if that's gonna happen but speak like a true Trumpster. Donnie would be proud of you.

Crossie

Supports
AKA in some cases like here: Delusion or lacking sense of reality.

Last edited:

Crossie

Supports
The EU is held accountable - AKA blamed - by every single politician back home for everything that's not working well in the home country, whether the EU is actually responsible or not, or whether the very country of said politican has voted for exactly what they criticize.
Especially British politicians have made an art out of it.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Was it the part about him being a former Rothschild investment banker? Seems like a puppet to me.
The part about how he met his wife.

I don't read much into the investment banker stuff.

Full bodied red

Reality is that you don't know at all if that's gonna happen but speak like a true Trumpster. Donnie would be proud of you.

I hope so....

He might be a jerk, but he won't take shit from Merkel and Juncker as Obama did.

As for Macron's grandstanding last week, his remaining days in this world probably have already been decided by the CIA.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I hope so....

He might be a jerk, but he won't take shit from Merkel and Juncker as Obama did.

As for Macron's grandstanding last week, his remaining days in this world probably have already been decided by the CIA.
Feck me. Do you believe the shit you come out with? Be quite apt if you don't, seeing as auntie Theresa is living in cloud cuckoo land too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
As Macron criticises Russia, Ukraine have now taken to disputing with them as well...with memes!

JPRouve

Scout
As Macron criticises Russia, Ukraine have now taken to disputing with them as well...with memes!

Imagine the face of old school politicians when they see something like that.

Abizzz

Sad to see brexiteers taking their vile lies to every thread now. They're a bit like Ronaldo fanboys who can't talk about a promising talent in the football forums without coming back to their agenda.

Glad to see Macron having a good start though.

Full bodied red

Sad to see brexiteers taking their vile lies to every thread now. They're a bit like Ronaldo fanboys who can't talk about a promising talent in the football forums without coming back to their agenda.

Glad to see Macron having a good start though.

Which lies would those be then ?

We've discussed Macron, haven't we ?

The new President of France - or is that the vile lie you're referring to because he isn't ? Or maybe he doesn't want some more Turkish Delight.

So tell us the alleged vile lies and we'll apologise if necessary.

Some people, eh ?

Abizzz

Which lies would those be then ?

So tell us the alleged vile lies and we'll apologise if necessary.
Macron is just Merkel's poodle.
. If that's what he wants to do and what he's going to do, then he should have stood for election as an EU Comissioner. Oh sh*t, silly me - we aren't allowed to vote for those, are we ? They're just 'appointed' from the usual list of washed-up politicos still trying to stay on the Public Payroll.

JPRouve

Scout

Do you vote for a minister or is it the role of the elected executive?

Full bodied red

And Merkel is going to take orders / instuctions from Macron ? So why the visit to Berlin within 24 hours of his inauguration ? To tell her she has to ? Or to be told that he has to ? His first day on the job should have been about sorting out our problems - not the EU's problems - like our unsustainable 35 hour week and 9.6% unemployment rate.

If that's what he wants to do and what he's going to do, then he should have stood for election as an EU Comissioner. Oh sh*t, silly me - we aren't allowed to vote for those, are we ? They're just 'appointed' from the usual list of washed-up politicos still trying to stay on the Public Payroll.

No lies there. Well, one tiny one. Comissioners don't stand for election - they're invited by the the EU Commission, who themselves were not elected.

Opinion - not proven one way or another yet, so hardly vile lies.

He might be a jerk, but he won't take shit from Merkel and Juncker as Obama did

I think Trump has already proven this, hasn't he ? He's told Germany and others that NATO membership comes with a cost, something a lot of the European members seem to have forgotten even though they appear to have enough for their own, planned European Defence Force. Maybe Obama told them the same but if he did, they obviously ignored him.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

And Merkel is going to take orders / instuctions from Macron ? So why the visit to Berlin within 24 hours of his inauguration ? To tell her she has to ? Or to be told that he has to ? His first day on the job should have been about sorting out our problems - not the EU's problems - like our unsustainable 35 hour week and 9.6% unemployment rate.

If that's what he wants to do and what he's going to do, then he should have stood for election as an EU Comissioner. Oh sh*t, silly me - we aren't allowed to vote for those, are we ? They're just 'appointed' from the usual list of washed-up politicos still trying to stay on the Public Payroll.

No lies there. Well, one tiny one. Comissioners don't stand for election - they're invited by the the EU Commission, who themselves were not elected.

Opinion - not proven one way or another yet, so hardly vile lies.

He might be a jerk, but he won't take shit from Merkel and Juncker as Obama did

I think Trump has already proven this, hasn't he ? He's told Germany and others that NATO membership comes with a cost, something a lot of the European members seem to have forgotten even though they appear to have enough for their own, planned European Defence Force. Maybe Obama told them the same but if he did, they obviously ignored him.
So to clarify, if he sorts those things out you'll regard him as successful? Okay, at least we have something to judge against.