Emre Can

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Get him on loan until summer. At most loan with view to signing him if he works out.

We can reassess the CDM role then in summer.

dev1l

Last time I watched Can playing for Juventus (45 mins)he looked like someone not really bothered.

C'est Moi Cantona

Will just be another problem player sat on a fat contract further down the line.

Would rather Longstaff from this long extensive list we seem to have put together. Here was me thinking AWB was only bought after we'd dismissed about 8000 other RB's.

Irrational.

We need bodies in midfield. At the moment anything is an upgrade on Sir 'Runsalot' JLingz and balldweller Matic. We can't really be picky.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He's always had the talent to become a world class player but never the mentality. I thought moving to Juventus would help him realize that, by playing in a team that is dominating the league and being comfortable. It looked that as well in his first season, with getting good minutes and winning the favor of the manager, but obviously that changed completely with Sarri coming in.

He would not be my first choice, I don't think he's much better right now than what we have to improve us alot. I'm sure we can get Eriksen for under 30 mil, and that would be a much better signing. If we can get Can for under 30 mil, then it can be acceptable. He will atleast be a very good squad player to have, and atmost he can become a great midfielder, if coached well.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd take him on loan as he's better than what we have. That's not saying much though.

If he performs well maybe look at getting him in permanent in the summer. The last thing we need is another injury prone player though.

His Liverpool links don't bother me to be honest, maybe they should, but at this point I just want somebody better than fecking Matic in the middle.

Irrational.

Would rather Longstaff from this long extensive list we seem to have put together. Here was me thinking AWB was only bought after we'd dismissed about 8000 other RB's.
I imagine our recruitment strategy is like a rather elaborate game of Guess Who.

Scouts compile a list of 800 midfielders from around the world.

Ole: Are they men?

Narrowed down to 50.

Ole: Have they played in the Premier League before?

Narrowed down to 10.

Ole: Are they young?

Narrowed down to 5.

Ole: Are they British?

Narrowed down to 3.

Ole: Excellent. Let's see who we have.

Game pieces reveal Matty Longstaff, Sean Longstaff and Declan Rice. £50 million bids all round.

buckooo1978

I imagine our recruitment strategy is like a rather elaborate game of Guess Who.

Narrowed down to 50.

Narrowed down to 10.

Narrowed down to 5.

Narrowed down to 3.

Game pieces reveal Matty Longstaff, Sean Longstaff and Declan Rice. £50 million bids all round.
:lol:

buckooo1978

it's a bit of a no brainer for me - we simply need bodies in and Can is decent

chances are if we've identified decent midfielders they aren't going to be available until Summer at earliest

with McTominay and Pogba situations we reek of desperation.... could see Juve slapping a sizeable loan fee on him which might put us off

Chipper

Adulterer.
Reverse Lingard. I too thought he was much older, around 32-33.

luke511

feck signing Emre Can

1. Ex Liverpool player
2. Goes completely against all this " we're waiting for the right type of player for utd" bollocks repeated by Solskjaer since the summer window.

He's a semi decent player that would end up playing way too many games for us, bringing the overall level of quality of the team slightly down from where it should be, quite similar to a lot of players at the club at the moment.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He’s not what you need. An ok squad player who can pop up with a nice goal here and there. I always liked him but he won’t elevate your midfield beyond it’s current level.

You’re in for a treat when Solskjaer plays him on the right of a back three.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s not what you need. An ok squad player who can pop up with a nice goal here and there. I always liked him but he won’t elevate your midfield beyond it’s current level.

You’re in for a treat when Solskjaer plays him on the right of a back three.
Our midfield's currently up there with the worst in the league.

Silverware69

This is the depths we've stooped too......that this guy is an upgrade.....

NJM78

Narrowed down to 50.

Narrowed down to 10.

Narrowed down to 5.

Narrowed down to 3.

Considering how fecking shite we are run I would not be surprised if this was true.

Withnail

Given how desperate we are for midfielders I'm all for it if it's a loan deal.

He'd certainly give us more than Matic and he's more proven than that longstaff lad who seems to be only able to get into the Newcastle team when they play us.

sourdough satellite

Narrowed down to 50.

Narrowed down to 10.

Narrowed down to 5.

Narrowed down to 3.

:lol::lol::lol:

F-A-C-T-S

An injury prone midfielder from Juventus who doesn't know what his best position and thinks he is top class, we've been here before...

Ludens the Red

To those turning their noses up at this bare in mind that until March we will on a game to game basis be lining up with either of the following two midfielders ...
Matic
Perreira
Lingard
Let that sink in, in a month where we face Wolves, Liverpool and city twice we are going to pick two of those “midfielders” in every game. I’ve now read that back to myself and it is actually quite depressing.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's a solid player and with a good work rate. Not exceptional but can prove to be an important cog in the wheel.
Bar Pogba, every single CM we have is a cog in the wheel. We need some actual quality, imo.

Ludens the Red

Narrowed down to 50.

Narrowed down to 10.

Narrowed down to 5.

Narrowed down to 3.

:lol:

lysglimt

Scout
I'm not convinced Can is any better than what we have. He's limited in every department, it'd be a pointless signing unless it's to sit on the bench once McTominay and Pogba are back.
He may not be better than Fred, McT and Pogba but since one of those is injured and the other one - God knows...yeah he is a lot better than what we have

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seriously why are we constantly linked with this fellow? Were a team that needs technical class in midfield - close control, vision, excellent passing and ability to dictate. I thought Can was more about physicality and running power? He also didn't make it big at either Liverpool or Juventus.

I hope Ole doesn't stock pile work horses suited to his counter attacking fetish.

lysglimt

Scout
Btw - where does this "injury-prone" stuff come from ?

The guy on average played 29 League matches each season from 2012/13->18/19 - and if we assume he has missed a few matches through suspension and some where he was benched…..he might have missed what…5-6 games a season through injuries ?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To those turning their noses up at this bare in mind that until March we will on a game to game basis be lining up with either of the following two midfielders ...
Matic
Perreira
Lingard
Let that sink in, in a month where we face Wolves, Liverpool and city twice we are going to pick two of those “midfielders” in every game. I’ve now read that back to myself and it is actually quite depressing.
What's depressing is that either way under Ole we won't finish 4th. So we have the following midfielders in total
Pogba
Mctominay
Fred
Periera
Matic
Lingard

Who looks at that lot and thinks we need pressing ability, husle and physicality, instead of playmaking /passing ability, vision etc? The more CMs we add who don't have the ability to run a football match for us is another step to continuing to be a 'basic' football team. Especially considering Ole is not going to provide any excellence in terms of coaching and management.

freeurmind

weak willed
sign of the times that we are seemingly desperate for him. why not get camavinga and gedson fernandes on loan with otb?

Amethystxx

Guys, Rob Dawson is shit source.

BTW, Can is good addition, especially, when we have only 2 proper midfield left (Fred and Matic).

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Seriously why are we constantly linked with this fellow? Were a team that needs technical class in midfield - close control, vision, excellent passing and ability to dictate. I thought Can was more about physicality and running power? He also didn't make it big at either Liverpool or Juventus.

I hope Ole doesn't stock pile work horses suited to his counter attacking fetish.
Can is quite good technically.

His issues are more to do with tempo, intensity and concentration.