End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

RonaldoVII

Go. I've been a supporter until now but the players we have are good enough to be doing so much better. If Moyes can't get anything out of these then buying more won't solve the issues.

RustyS

OP edited.

What you want
Cheers.

I voted that I want him to go but that is only if we can get a world class manager who has won things and can get us playing good football. I don't want him sacked if it means taking a punt on a Hughes/Bruce/Martinez and the like. Look at actual credentials this time maybe, like any other job in the world.

Getsme

Do I want him to go yes, do I think he will? No
He's probably the most secure manager in the league.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Every time I convince myself he needs to go we end up winning the next game which prompts me to think he should be given more chances, then we get embarrassed.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Cheers.

I voted that I want him to go but that is only if we can get a world class manager who has won things and can get us playing good football. I don't want him sacked if it means taking a punt on a Hughes/Bruce/Martinez and the like. Look at actual credentials this time maybe, like any other job in the world.
Good lord what a horrifying thought!

Acquire Me

But the "stay" voters, are they United fans? Im thinking some of them support other teams.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
My opinion since the start has been that he should go if we fail to qualify for the Champions League. I just don't see how someone who has prevailed over this disasterous season can suddenly come back next year and inspire our players to a decent season. It's not just a matter of getting rid of certain players and replacing them. He needed to show this season that he was capable of managing at the highest level and he has failed. I don't think he is the right manager for us. Whatever difficult circumstances he has faced this season donot justify our poor season. 4th place should be the bare minimum for us.

Bojan11

But the "stay" voters, are they United fans? Im thinking some of them support other teams.
Some of them are apparently.

Delusion has set in if people think giving Moyes £150m will just solve our problems.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
We need to give the 5 'Stay' voters the psychiatric help they so sorely need.

Infra-red

I think he'll be a millstone around the neck of the club unfortunately. I don't think investment in the summer will be enough; ultimately even if we bring together a good squad of players, we will be competing with a manager who is inarguably less-capable than those at all our main rivals in the league.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Cheers.

Hiring a second-rate manager got us into this mess... let's not repeat that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hiring a second-rate manager got us into this mess... let's not repeat that.
True, but even having somebody like Giggs as caretaker manager would be an improvement at the moment. We should go for a top manager, but keep Giggs or somebody like that as caretaker boss until somebody does become available. Van gaal for example is probably going to spurs in the summer but no chance would he pick them ahead of United if the job became available.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Because I do not think he has had enough time to judge whether he'll be a complete flop or not yet.
Really? I'm amazed how you can't see it now. No change in how we play since he started. He hasn't even attempted to create a new philosophy.
I commend your optimism, but you're more deluded than I thought.

Tomalonge

Really? I'm amazed how you can't see it now. No change in how we play since he started. He hasn't even attempted to create a new philosophy.
I commend your optimism, but you're more deluded than I thought.
What more evidence do you need exactly?

Spend 200m and get relegated?
I'm out, we're all disappointed with the result today, no need to start taking it out on people just believing in what they think is right.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I remember way back in June/July time, when a few suggested that we may fall out of the top 4 under Moyes, and all it invoked was laughing green smileys, like the author of that opinion was completely unhinged from sanity.

It's weird how the ridiculous has come to fruition. I didn't think it would happen either.

He has to go. And I hope he's replaced by some lunatic tactical virtuoso, like Bielsa or Klopp. None of this longevity shite. If anything, what we really need is a stop gap, to bridge the monumental change between Sir Alex and the Post-Sir Alex eras.

It's not going to get easier any time soon either. I predict we'll win on Wednesday, but not enough to take us through, so that'll be Champions League football gone for a while. And City are going to kick the feck out of us, good and proper.

Revan

Assumptionman
If he doesn't get sacked, do you think that he'll be a success here? Or are you simply keeping an agnostic thinking that we still don't know how good/bad he will be?

Or let me reprase the question, if Moyes gets another 2 years and 200m for transfers, do you think that it is more likely for us to be one of the top clubs in the world again, or a club that fights for the fourth place?

Tomalonge

If he doesn't get sacked, do you think that he'll be a success here? Or are you simply keeping an agnostic thinking that we still don't know how good/bad he will be?

Or let me reprase the question, if Moyes gets another 2 years and 200m for transfers, do you think that it is more likely for us to be one of the top clubs in the world again, or a club that fights for the fourth place?
I still don't get that first question, if he doesn't get sacked that means what?

For your rephrase, I'd like to think we'd be up there challenging.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I voted go, what if big name players won't sign for us in the summer, not because of CL but because of the manager? We could end up signing panic buys again.