g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

England Discussion | Finish 4th

Mint

Don't you see that this argument works both ways? By supporting England, you are actually supporting and hoping that players of our rivals become world champions. The likes of Jordan Henderson, captain of Liverpool and vice captain of England. Or that thug Delle Alli. Were you confused to support Gerrard and John Terry on the same team for an entire decade? Did you wear their jerseys while you were imaging Terry celebrating and doing high five with Gerrard.

Or you know, you can separate supporting a club from supporting a national team, especially if you don't have any links with that country.

And by the way, this is an Irish forum. Niall can decide during England's celebration (when Harry Kane and Jordan Henderson are kissing each other) to make this forum theme about Irish National team, or Liverpool, or astrophysics and there is feck all, me, you, English NT or Manchester United can do about it.
I had no choice but to support Gerrard and Terry when they played for England. You're supposed to wish defeat on your rivals.
The glory hunters made the choice to hate england instead of being indifferent.

Giggsyking

2010 was terrible. Three awful group performances and a capitulation against Germany. 2006 was very disappointing too given the talent they sent.

England fans are getting a bad wrap it seems. They are hardly arrogant and as was pointed out the "It's coming home" is somewhat of a piss take and England fans definitely seem to poke the most fan at their own side than any other country it seems to me.

You'd be dumb to not get a little exited looking at the draw and pretty miserable to just assume it's arrogance that they are excited. They will be the favorite in every match until the final.
Fingers crossed I really want them in the final.

Colombian Mancunian

All we need now is for Denmark to best Croatia and then we can go out to Columbia.
It’s ColOmbia not Columbia.

About James, today Colombian Coach Pekerman, said he doesn’t have any rupture and it’s a mere contraction. I think either James will play all the match but be at 75%-80% his usual self; or he will play the last 30-40 minutes after Muriel has tired England defensive line.

The close it gets to the match the more nervous I get... But also my hopes risen. We can do it, we can get to semis! Come on Colombia!

lewwoo

English fans arent allowed to show the slightest hint of excitement or belief in their national team for its surely a sign of arrogance and believing they will win it. Must be sneered at. For all other nations it is fine.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
English fans arent allowed to show the slightest hint of excitement or belief in their national team for its surely a sign of arrogance and believing they will win it. Must be sneered at. For all other nations it is fine.
I know. These same people will show exactly the same confidence when watching United. Hypocrites.

matador

Go England! If Colombia win, my neighbors are going to throw a huge party tomorrow, and I get up at 04:30 on Wednesday :keano:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't come at me with your xenophobia! What's next, you gonna start flying that racist England flag in my face? Brexit thug.

;)

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I think there's very little between Japan, Colombia and Senegal. I reckon England would have been marginal favourites in each game, but also all eminently loseable.
Senegal were a shambles (somehow managed to fluke it against shambolic us - Poland), Japanese were erratic and Colombia didn't have James against Japan (mostly) and Senegal. Colombia with fit James are a menace and comfortably the best of that lot.

I laughed when I saw ppl downplaying their ability when talking about possible draws. Now I see more and more respect for them which is understandable considering the pre-match stress creeping in.

Still think and hope (for Utd players' sake) that you lot beat them. James is sure not to be fully fit and you're rested.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It’s ColOmbia not Columbia.

About James, today Colombian Coach Pekerman, said he doesn’t have any rupture and it’s a mere contraction. I think either James will play all the match but be at 75%-80% his usual self; or he will play the last 30-40 minutes after Muriel has tired England defensive line.

The close it gets to the match the more nervous I get... But also my hopes risen. We can do it, we can get to semis! Come on Colombia!
I know it is, it’s a bit of a running joke now!

Well we should be favourites against you, but you have the players to hurt us. Whoever wins this I think will get to the final.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Easy to forget that it was about a year ago this team were being booed by its own fans and having paper aeroplanes thrown at them.

Not sure why anyone who wants to be slightly optimistic must be sneered at. Nobody is calling Colombia shit or doesn't appreciate the talent they have on their team.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Easy to forget that it was about a year ago this team were being booed by its own fans and having paper aeroplanes thrown at them.

Not sure why anyone who wants to be slightly optimistic must be sneered at. Nobody is calling Colombia shit or doesn't appreciate the talent they have on their team.
Definitely. WC is special and every single fan should be proud and enjoy the whole thing and England actually have a good and likeable team now.

fallengt

According to this pic. England and Switzerland will advance. Artist has correctly "predicted" everything so far. :cool:

Dante

Average bang

This is exactly it.

Nobody thnks England are the best team in the world. NOBODY. But they are dreaming we could win it anyway. That's what competetive sport is about. Otherwise, what's the point?

Fans are just being optimistic and crowing their enthusiasm. All the while, they're well aware of England's limitations.

Colombian Mancunian

I know it is, it’s a bit of a running joke now!

Well we should be favourites against you, but you have the players to hurt us. Whoever wins this I think will get to the final.
For you is a running joke, for us is actually offensive.

As I said before you are favorites 60/40, due to having one of the bets number 9 in the world and due to history. In Colombia we see England as a top NT, and really still don’t understand the negativity of some fans.

That being said, both teams are pretty even on midfield, England has better attack, but Colombia has better defense and GK. I hope we win, but it will be like 1-0 or 2-1, it’ll be a pretty though match for both of us. Bets of luck to you, but I’ll be rooting madly for my home country tomorrow.

And, yes, anyone who wins tomorrow will likely reach the final. This match would have been a great QT or semifinal.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
For you is a running joke, for us is actually offensive.

As I said before you are favorites 60/40, due to having one of the bets number 9 in the world and due to history. In Colombia we see England as a top NT, and really still don’t understand the negativity of some fans.

That being said, both teams are pretty even on midfield, England has better attack, but Colombia has better defense and GK. I hope we win, but it will be like 1-0 or 2-1, it’ll be a pretty though match for both of us. Bets of luck to you, but I’ll be rooting madly for my home country tomorrow.

And, yes, anyone who wins tomorrow will likely reach the final. This match would have been a great QT or semifinal.
You'll have to enlighten me as to how it is offensive.

Should be an entertaining game either way. I'm going 3-1 England.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
I’m seeing these non English United fans in a whole new light now. If you hate the English that much go and support some other football club.
Get off your high horse you bellend :lol:
Who do you think you are? All Man Utd fans must support England just because United is an English club. This is so fecking self-entitled, arrogant and stupid. And you wonder why people don't like the English/England.

fergies coat

Get off your high horse you bellend :lol:
Who do you think you are? All Man Utd fans must support England just because United is an English club. This is so fecking self-entitled, arrogant and stupid. And you wonder why people don't like the English/England.
Of course you can only be arrogant if your English. These same foreign fans probably plot uniteds route to the cl final, but if the English do it with England were arrogant and self entitled. You’ve just proven my point with your ridiculous post.

Treble

If Hames is ready, Colombia will have good chances to win this. Walker and Stones haven't been properly tested yet. Any of them has a silly mistake in him.

Judas

Open to offers
Bricking it today, even though it's coming home obviously.

Colombia are a good side, vey experienced, have a gelled together team, and we're so unpredictable just because it's a new team that hasn't really been tested.

But this is what it's all about, big games at world cups, and we've been starved of them over recent years, best enjoy it, even if it ends up being just one knockout match.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I think Sterling might come good today.

Key word being might... but I mean, he's a good player, so you'd think he'd turn up at some point.

Murray3007

if James plays would fancy Colombia to cause England all sort of problems which i dont think there defence could cope with, although if he dont would fancy England to win by a few.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
So damn nervous. Wish I was back home.

Off to try and sleep. Alarm at 5am. Beer and Fry up at my local for kick off. So glad we got the evening slot.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Damn, I've been listening to Frank Skinner and Baddiel's 'It's Coming Home' song from Euro' 96. Awesome tune, fond memories listening to it as a kid, makes you want to support them a bit....a bit :D