England v India 2021 Cricket Test Series

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Every single batsman not named Rohit has been abysmal.

Rahane, Pujara should be dropped. Kohli needs to take a hard look at his batting. Pant was gonna Pant.

Balljy

That was an awful shot from Pant.

Rohit could be on for 25 not out here

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
When will Kohli get dropped?

Has never been a good captain and his batting has been poor for 3 years now.
why would he be dropped?! He’s built a great side that will probably win away in England. Just going through a lean patch right now.

Balljy

That should be well under 100 now as long as we keep the pressure on. Possible hat-trick too.

bleedred

At what point do we start complaining about the pitch?. It's so rigged for English bowlers.
Bite

Balljy

At what point do we start complaining about the pitch?. It's so rigged for English bowlers.
Bite
Kohli said the opposite before the game. He was surprised how brown the pitch was and expected a far greener pitch.

(I bit)

JohnnyKills

Very early days but Hameed looks a major upgrade on Sibley. Better technique and a much greater range of shots.

Dan_F

Christ, you Indians are as negative about your chances as I am about England :lol: There’s still plenty in this match.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Typical India. This game will be over in 3 days with all to play for in the final test.

JohnnyKills

Christ, you Indians are as negative about your chances as I am about England :lol: There’s still plenty in this match.
Yeah definitely. England could be bowled out for 150 here and then it's game on again.

FlawlessThaw

Yep, last time England played at Headingley they were all out for 67 in the first innings and still won the match.

Of course it required a Ben Stokes miracle but that's neither here nor there

Seriously though, this England side isn't very good so India still very much in this.

Cloud7

That thing Burns does with his head/neck when he bats is really weird. I always want him to get out quickly so I don’t have to watch it for too long.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Don't want to curse it but Hameed 2021 version is 100% what England have been crying out for.

I'd go as far as to give him at least 12 months now whatever happens he's got more ability out of those available bar Root.

JohnnyKills

Don't want to curse it but Hameed 2021 version is 100% what England have been crying out for.

I'd go as far as to give him at least 12 months now whatever happens he's got more ability out of those available bar Root.
We have to give him time as we don't really have anyone else I guess.

He looks so much more compact and balanced than Sibley.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Openers looking solid. Hameed & Burns rotating the strike is simple but so important.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Yep, last time England played at Headingley they were all out for 67 in the first innings and still won the match.

Seriously though, this England side isn't very good so India still very much in this.
They're done. Sets up the last test nicely though.

Mcking

Serves India well for acting like they found the cure for AIDS after winning a test match.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout

This Indian side can't bat, this match was over in the first innings. India walked in cocky and complacent, Anderson and co kept their head down and let their game do the revenge talk.

FlawlessThaw

They're done. Sets up the last test nicely though.
This Indian side can't bat, this match was over in the first innings. India walked in cocky and complacent, Anderson and co kept their head down and let their game do the revenge talk.
Have either of you seen this England team in the past year or so? Get a couple of wickets and they're liable for a collapse.

One thing that is a concern is Anderson hasn't been as effective in the 2nd innings as he tends to be in the 1st of late, so I could see India batting a long while in the 2nd innings especially as the weather should be good.

Two more tests after this as well