English cricket 2015 - NZ, The Ashes, Pak and SA

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia bowled out for 308, England has a lead of 122. Mark Taylor thinks 250 would take some chasing on this pitch.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Australia need to restrict England to a lead of just under 300, I can see them chasing 250 to 300 especially as I can't see Smith or Clarke being foolish against Ali again.

Getting Cook out gives them a lifeline

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Big session ahead. Aus (haddin) need to take their chances. Ideally England would want to still be batting this time tomorrow.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
First ball and Lyth has survived an umpires call LBW review from Clarke. On first viewing i thought it was out, Dhamasena importantly felt it wasn't out and that's how it stayed.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Doing a bit for Lyon. Not sue who that pleases more, really...

Djemba-Djemba

Looks lively now this pitch.

Something in it for everyone. One big score from an Englishman in this 2nd innings and we'll be set i think. Set Australia 350 to win

BigWillprunier

If scoring continues at this rate and England don't lose wickets then they'll have a lead of 400 at least by lunch tomorrow, then they will declare.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Looks lively now this pitch.

Something in it for everyone. One big score from an Englishman in this 2nd innings and we'll be set i think. Set Australia 350 to win
350 won't be enough. A lead of 400-450+ and declare by lunch tomorrow.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Can we say now that Joe Root scoring runs is as likely as taxation and death? The guy is a machine.

Great to see Bell get his 50, but he has to follow it up this tournament.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
27 overs left today, so 90-100 runs potentially, we could bat through to lunch tomorrow and leave them a day and a half to chase.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Shame the Aussies haven't spent as much time on their bowling plans as they have on their mind games.

Señor

FFS momentum swinging to Australia. Hope we can get to at least 400 now after it looking a sure bet a couple of hours ago.

Señor

Wood taking the piss. Better hitter of the ball than Andy Murray. :wenger:

Señor

England all out for 289. Australia need 412 to win.

Rooney1987

15 wickets taken today with a 411 lead. Pitch is up and down. Would have liked 450 but I think it's enough.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Should've done better, but it's probably enough. Just need the quicks to get into rythym ASAP tomorrow morning.

Djemba-Djemba

412 to get on that pitch is a very tough ask. Can't see the Aussies managing it.

They need to pray for rain. Or a Monty style rearguard performance.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The convicts are going to have 2 days so they need to be sensible, but hopefully England can make an early breakthrough in the morning.

Jiggs'Hamstring

So frustrating – I'm going tomorrow, had banked on seeing an hour of slogging from England. So careless to throw wickets away like that. Still very much in the box seat but who knows, if a couple of their top order get going could be tight. Forecast of rain on Sunday.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Still think it was silly batting in that last session, England (read Ali) should have batted the day out so they could have first choice with the roller tomorrow morning at least.

Should've done better, but it's probably enough. Just need the quicks to get into rythym ASAP tomorrow morning.
Might be a godsend with the weather around on Sunday
As if we'd batted more cautiously and aimed to get a lead of 450, we'd have probably needed tomorrow morning's session, a session we may need

Would have been nice to have batted til tomorrow so we could throw them in unexpected rather than their openers having all night and morning to prepare