English cricket thread

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
England look well set for a 400+ score. Salt is nearing his first 100 for England.
Only his second ever limited overs hundred.

148 is his highest score in professional cricket. Should be looking to increase that here.

EDIT - Falls for 122.

Last edited:

Robindinho

218-1 off 29 overs. Still Morgan, Buttler, Livingstone, Moeen to come (Curran & Willey even too).

Good luck Netherlands.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nice for Van der Beek to get a run out for the Netherlands eh?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I haven't followed the cricket very closely at all for years, so sorry if both of these things are completely normal now - but why are England playing a round of ODIs in the middle of a test series (with an entirely different side), and why are they playing a full ODI series against Holland to start with?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I haven't followed the cricket very closely at all for years, so sorry if both of these things are completely normal now - but why are England playing a round of ODIs in the middle of a test series (with an entirely different side), and why are they playing a full ODI series against Holland to start with?
I think to a large degree the answer to both is 'why not?'.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Covid postponements. Hard to fit it in a separate slot. The English summer is busy and Holland's cricket season is basically the same as England's.

All ICC full members are playing the World Cup Super League. I think they've decided this will be the first and only version of this format.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Covid postponements. Hard to fit it in a separate slot. The English summer is busy and Holland's cricket season is basically the same as England's.

All ICC full members are playing the World Cup Super League. I think they've decided this will be the first and only version of this format.
I can now see why they've come to that conclusion.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It's a shame the record ODI score will be broken, was always fun to see the Aussie on the back end of it

AshRK

I would be hugely surprised if england doesn't win next year's wc as well. Top white ball side.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think to a large degree the answer to both is 'why not?'.
I mean, fair enough, but the scoreboard is looking like a pretty decent answer to 'why not?' at the minute. :lol:

Ah that makes some sense, cheers. Had somehow avoided hearing about this tournament. Sounds suspiciously like an even more naff version of the Nations League. :nervous: