English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

paulscholes18

1-1 very good bowling from willy and Plunkett 2/35 in 8 overs and very good batting from Hales. I would bring in Malan for Root for the decider

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
India batting second so they should win if t20 history is anything to go by!

Interesting by England in dropping Root for Stokes, probably the right decision in this format.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Solid start by England.

Sangakkara is a terrific commentator. Really good call by Sky to have him over the summer.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Utter chaos. Two concussion checks, Morgan trying to hit the sun. And now Ben Stokes is in...

ha_rooney

Good fightback from India. England should’ve got 210+ on this pitch & after their fast start.

Loved that runout at the end, Dhoni knew it was coming & executed it perfectly.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
India need 199.

I feel they should get these. Roy was brilliant but the rest of them weren't.

ha_rooney

Rohit is a beast in the white ball game. Very impressive win by India.

The ODIs should be plenty of big runs & fun to watch.

zing

Zingle balls
Rohit and Kohli leads India to victory
Just a shame the WC is not this year.

Hopefully they keep up the form, and we get some dry pitches. Best Indian ODI team ever. Some kinks to iron out at 4 and 5. If Rahul hits his straps, it will be awesome.

prath92

More than anything, we need another bowling option. Like how Kedar Jadhav played last CT (lower order finisher and a good bowling option). We have too many WKs in the side (Rahul Dhoni and DK when he plays)

JohnnyKills

More than anything, we need another bowling option. Like how Kedar Jadhav played last CT (lower order finisher and a good bowling option). We have too many WKs in the side (Rahul Dhoni and DK when he plays)
Yeah if India had a Starc or a Rabada they'd be a complete team. As it is the pace attack is good but not outstanding. What happened to Varun Aron? He had some real gas when India last came to the UK.

Kuldeep was outstanding today though. None of our batsmen could pick him apart from Buttler. The best we can say is that at least he's bamboozling us now and not in the World Cup. We've got plenty of time to look at him over the next few games.

Bet England are hoping one of our batsmen gets picked up by KKR next year, then they find out how to pick him!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah if India had a Starc or a Rabada they'd be a complete team. As it is the pace attack is good but not outstanding. What happened to Varun Aron? He had some real gas when India last came to the UK.

Kuldeep was outstanding today though. None of our batsmen could pick him apart from Buttler. The best we can say is that at least he's bamboozling us now and not in the World Cup. We've got plenty of time to look at him over the next few games.

Bet England are hoping one of our batsmen gets picked up by KKR next year, then they find out how to pick him!
He was very inconsistent. No good being fast when you can't bowl to a line and length. Our bowling attack is very good - Bumrah, Yadav and Shami are all capable of hitting 85+. Kumar is our best bowler and he's not too shabby in terms of speed. Our bowlers matches the SA line up earlier in the year without Rabada or Starc, I think we're fine and with Bumrah, we have bowler who has the ability to be the best.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why the feck do they keep calling Kuldeep a mystery spinner? He's fecking not. He's chinaman bowler who relies on accuracy and flight. There's nothing to "decipher" here, it's just quality spin bowling.

We are essentially playing with our backup pace bowling lineup, I was impressed with Umesh and Kaul. Both bowled well on this flat pitch and short boundaries.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I am amazed at the margin/ease of the win. Did not expect this. Buzzed tho.
Still feel Bumrah's injury will hurt us. England will still nick it IMO. Having said that, there is a Kohli century due in this series. If that happens in a chase, India will win it.

WTF has happened to Root?

JohnnyKills

He was very inconsistent. No good being fast when you can't bowl to a line and length. Our bowling attack is very good - Bumrah, Yadav and Shami are all capable of hitting 85+. Kumar is our best bowler and he's not too shabby in terms of speed. Our bowlers matches the SA line up earlier in the year without Rabada or Starc, I think we're fine and with Bumrah, we have bowler who has the ability to be the best.
Respectfully disagree. They're all good bowlers but none of them is a game-changer. How many times has any one of them ripped through a side in any form of the game?

85mph doesn't win too many games on flat pitches. If you had someone who could hit early nineties regularly it would make such a difference. I'd still make India the best ODI side in the world but with some express pace you could achieve Australia-like dominance.

JohnnyKills

Still feel Bumrah's injury will hurt us. England will still nick it IMO. Having said that, there is a Kohli century due in this series. If that happens in a chase, India will win it.

He can't pick Yadav can he. None of our batsmen can apart from Buttler it seems.

Di Maria's angel

Respectfully disagree. They're all good bowlers but none of them is a game-changer. How many times has any one of them ripped through a side in any form of the game?

85mph doesn't win too many games on flat pitches. If you had someone who could hit early nineties regularly it would make such a difference. I'd still make India the best ODI side in the world but with some express pace you could achieve Australia-like dominance.
Just recently, Bhuvi, Shami and Jasprit picked up 5-fors as they ripped through SA on at least one occasion each. Ishant and Bhuvi both ripped through England in our last tour.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

It's only a 3 match ODI series and I definitely can't see England setting a score that India can't chase. The matches will only be a contest if England are chasing IMO otherwise will end up 3-0 India.

JohnnyKills

Just recently, Bhuvi, Shami and Jasprit picked up 5-fors as they ripped through SA on at least one occasion each. Ishant and Bhuvi both ripped through England in our last tour.
Fair point but basically you're saying every bowler's done it once or twice. Genuine top bowlers knock teams over regularly. As I say, India's fast bowling is good but not great. If you had a world-class pacer like Steyn, Radaba or Malinga you'd be invincible (England have the same problem btw).

Anyway hopefully today is a cracker. Kuldeep is the key. I'd just try to knock him and around and keep him out, even if it means him going at four an over. We can catch up off the other bowlers.

Di Maria's angel

Fair point but basically you're saying every bowler's done it once or twice. Genuine top bowlers knock teams over regularly. As I say, India's fast bowling is good but not great. If you had a world-class pacer like Steyn, Radaba or Malinga you'd be invincible (England have the same problem btw).

Anyway hopefully today is a cracker. Kuldeep is the key. I'd just try to knock him and around and keep him out, even if it means him going at four an over. We can catch up off the other bowlers.
I see what you're saying but we didnt get to number 1 without a really good set of bowlers. We're in no need of bowler of the ilk of Rabada or Steyn as we have, for the first time in a while, a complete set of quality fast bowlers with different and useful attributes. Add to that, we have four WC spinners for each form of the game who will rip through most teams.

ha_rooney

Strange knock from Dhoni finally over