English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Woakes absolutely destroyed Virat there.

NinjaFletch

When Woakes has the ball in his hand at Lord's it just makes you think for a second that everything's rosy for the future of England cricket.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
India not used to such batting conditions. Swing, weather and slope are just too challenging.

62-6

NinjaFletch

India not used to such batting conditions. Swing, weather and slope are just too challenging.

62-6
In all honesty, I'm not sure there's a huge amount they've done wrong here.

The conditions are helpful, but the quality of bowling has been insane. I've seen this England attack waste as helpful conditions as these many times by bowling too short but they've got their lengths spot on today.

The working over Woakes gave Kohli and the way he went wider on the crease is some of the most high quality swing bowling you'll see anywhere.

Djemba-Djemba

Did I read somewhere that they are going to get rid of the toss, because it gives too much advantage to the home side, or something?
It's been raised as a potential idea yeah.

There's no coin toss in county cricket I think. It's a good idea to combat the home advantage but to be honest I like the idea that winning away is very difficult. Makes it more special when you manage it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Woakes' record at Lords is fantastic.

Hope the weather stays clear next few days.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

There's no coin toss in county cricket I think. It's a good idea to combat the home advantage but to be honest I like the idea that winning away is very difficult. Makes it more special when you manage it.
But what happens when the away side win the toss, no home advantage then, is there? Will it always be down to the away side to chose then?

zing

Zingle balls
why did we pick a 2nd spinner, knowing that there's been a day lost to rain, and with the weather the way it is? Bit bizarre that..

zing

Zingle balls
what's the rain forecast like for the next few days?

NinjaFletch

But what happens when the away side win the toss, no home advantage then, is there? Will it always be down to the away side to chose then?
Not quite. The away side can choose to bowl first, but if they don't want to they can toss for it.

It's to try and stop home sides producing bowling friendly tracks, but I think this test is a good example of why it's not a good idea in test cricket.

England were lucky to win the toss and India unlucky, but there's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's just one of those things that happens when it's been raining. I don't see how it's fairer to have given India the chance to have first bowl on this than leave it to chance.

Same, but in reverse, for sub-continental pitches which start off as roads and break up in the heat.

Djemba-Djemba

Not quite. The away side can choose to bowl first, but if they don't want to they can toss for it.

It's to try and stop home sides producing bowling friendly tracks, but I think this test is a good example of why it's not a good idea in test cricket.

England were lucky to win the toss and India unlucky, but there's nothing wrong with the pitch, it's just one of those things that happens when it's been raining. I don't see how it's fairer to have given India the chance to have first bowl on this than leave it to chance.

Same, but in reverse, for sub-continental pitches which start off as roads and break up in the heat.
Ah right okay that makes more sense.

Yeah I wouldn't like to see it in Test Cricket either. Winning away should be hard.

MDFC Manager

why did we pick a 2nd spinner, knowing that there's been a day lost to rain, and with the weather the way it is? Bit bizarre that..
Pandya better bowl an amazing spell, because I'd much rather have played Umesh. Bizarre all around.

AshRK

It's so funny how before the tests some so called indian experts wanted to play kuldeep instead of ashwin, when it's our batting which is the issue. Our bowling has improved drastically in the last 6 or 7 years , its the batting that has gone downhill in the same period..

NinjaFletch

Weather looks decent tomorrow.

Try and put 300 on the board and then bowl India out again across the two rain affected days forecasted on Sunday and Monday.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nice to see the damn weather is meant to be good tomorrow. Dropping Umesh was stupid but we should still be able to make the English batsmen sweat.