English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

MDFC Manager

Pitch has turned completely docile:lol: Kohli better start praying that his spinners are up for it

zing

Zingle balls
Excited to watch Pope play. Do want him to get outb, so it's conflicting. But always nice to see a promising player debut.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Jennings just had a Watson review.

NinjaFletch

Alright Shane Warne.
Heh.

Club leggie I play with didn't turn a ball all the summer during the heatwave when we were playing on dustbowls, but after the monsoon a couple of weeks ago was turning it square.

Our suspicion is there was a bit of rabbit shit on a length that he was hitting.

zing

Zingle balls
Pope looks good. A little too attacking unlike regular English batsmen, drives more often than i think he should have today. Looks at ease against the seamers. Like his game.

zing

Zingle balls
And out now. Another wicket before lunch would be nice.

KM

Needed 5 before lunch to had a realistic chance I think considering the score.

zing

Zingle balls
Four. :)

Pandya bowled well and kept the pressure on.

180 would be nice.

KM

Man we were so unlucky with the toss :(

I'm not flaming the English team but they wouldn't have been able to score more than 150 in yesterday's conditions.

NinjaFletch

Man we were so unlucky with the toss :(

I'm not flaming the English team but they wouldn't have been able to score more than 150 in yesterday's conditions.
Tbh I don't think the pitch has become that much better for batting today. India have caused problems when they've got it right. They just haven't got it right as relentlessly as the England seamers did.

Take out the 25 odd free runs Jennings and Cook got with India bowling on their pads, and play another seamer and India could be on top.

KM

Tbh I don't think the pitch has become that much better for batting today. India have caused problems when they've got it right. They just haven't got it right as relentlessly as the England seamers did.

Take out the 25 odd free runs Jennings and Cook got with India bowling on their pads, and play another seamer and India could be on top.
Fair enough. But still the constant stoppages and overcast conditions are very unsuitable for batsman.

Woakes was incredible yesterday, I thought.

NinjaFletch

Fair enough. But still the constant stoppages and overcast conditions are very unsuitable for batsman.

Woakes was incredible yesterday, I thought.
True although most of the damage was done when we got the extended period of play in the evening session.

KM

180 would probably be enough for England a 73 run lead and India showed it’s basically Kohli + 10 tailenders
That's harsh...on Ashwin! He has looked decent as a batsman.

KM

Buttler and Bairstow doing some damage now. Our pace bowlers seem to have four overs before getting into things.

NinjaFletch

That's one of the all time worst reviews for my money.

Especially with Kohli's incredulous 'T' symbol.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

We could have bowled a little better but the contrasting conditions basically lost us this match. England bowled on a pitch which was rained on in perfect swing bowling conditions. The next day the sun is out and conditions much drier. The ball has barely swung.

AshRK

This is why we should have won the first test. We have to blame ourselves. Also put selection committee needs a sacking. All these changing and chopping has helped no one.

MJJ

This is why we should have won the first test. We have to blame ourselves. Also put selection committee needs a sacking. All these changing and chopping has helped no one.
The decision to play two spinners is ridiculous considering the pitch and the weather forecast. Another seamer would have definitely helped India.
Isnt the team pretty much decided by Kohli?