Enzo Fernandez | Chelsea €121m player

SAFMUTD

I was saying when they signed him he only had 3 months of European football. Never sign due to world cup performances
Thats the golden rule, the reason why I dont want Mbappe after that world cup performance.

AnotherLondonManc

Seems like a lot of vitriol based off a poor performance against us today. He was never a 120m player, even Chelsea fans wouldn't argue that. But he's still a good player and a great prospect.

Hard to find consistency in a team like Chelsea's though. Absolutely bonkers squad building there

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s actually having a pretty good individual season. He was just awful beyond belief tonight.

MrWilliams

Seems like a lot of vitriol based off a poor performance against us today. He was never a 120m player, even Chelsea fans wouldn't argue that. But he's still a good player and a great prospect.

Hard to find consistency in a team like Chelsea's though. Absolutely bonkers squad building there
He walks into our midfield with ease. I still take him at United in a heart beat

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

His actually been carrying them in midfield for a while. One off night on a day all his team didn't play well can't change that

Nickelodeon

He's one of those who would look quite good in a settled team like City or Bayern, but is not experienced enough yet to rise above the haplessness of the Chelsea team. Chelsea have quite a lot of similar players. I guess that's what signing 50 players in a year does. There's no rhythm, no leaders and no accountability.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At the very least you can see what Enzo Fernandez does — he’s a great passer (short, medium, long) and with high volume at it too.

Don’t quite get what Moises Caicedo does on the other hand… (and personally never fully did whilst he was Brighton).

Bwuk

I’ve said it before but he’s totally over rated. Not sure what he actually offers.

They spent more than we paid for Pogba and he’s not even half the player.

Palmer and Sterling have been the only highlights in this Chelsea side. The rest of them are performing worse than our lot.

RoyH1

He's one of those who would look quite good in a settled team like City or Bayern, but is not experienced enough yet to rise above the haplessness of the Chelsea team. Chelsea have quite a lot of similar players. I guess that's what signing 50 players in a year does. There's no rhythm, no leaders and no accountability.
Agree with this. Chelsea's shotgun approach to buying players means there's no proper gameplan over the long term. Put Enzo in a good midfield and he shines, but he's no one man army. And as such woefully overpriced, Benfica really took Chelsea to the cleaners

Stacks

I'd still take him as he has attributes we lack in midfield

Castia

He signed for Benfica for 12m quid 6 months before Chelsea paid 121m….it must be one of the worst deals in football history.

Add in Mudryk who had about 20 league games experience in Ukraine before his massive move and they wonder why they’re shite

El Zoido

It’s the same with United. It’s difficult for an individual player to stand out when the whole place is falling apart around you. Hard to draw judgement on a player in this situation.

cyberman

Mctominay's current role. He'd offer the goal threat and the on ball passing and creating ability Mctominay lacks
He has 2 goals and 2 assists since moving to England, those two goals were scored 4 days ago.
Chelsea tried playing him further forward in Scott’s role and he stank the place out. Hes not a 10 etc needs to be played deeper and when he is played deeper he gets overran and has players running off him time and time again. McTominay has one less goal contribution in 12 league games than Enzo has in his entire Chelsea career and it’s not as if we can say Scott has a better attack in front of him than Enzo has, sadly that’s not true.
Enzo is very good at stat padding, play deep and spread nothing balls out wide that counts as forward passes because that’s all they do is play the ball wide. It’s Cleverly with an accent
He doesn’t defend or attack well, he just exists.

Donut

I really wanted him to be shite but he’s actually class… had an off night yesterday and he often tries to do a bit too much, but I really rate him.

Pocho

Great player but he's 60/70 million worth, Chelsea doesn't help at all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Based on last night’s display it looks as though Conor Gallagher has been carrying them.
When I said Gallagher was having a great season a few weeks Shai, I was laughed at. The sobering realisation that our two hundred million pound players need Conor Gallagher to hold their hand (ok very unfair on Enzo) beat seven shades of shite out of me yesterday.

SAFMUTD

He's good but definitely not worth the price, it's hard to evaluate him in this chelsea squad when everyone seems to be under performing besides Cole Palmer.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Enzo cost £106.8m. He’s already cost an eye watering crazy fee. There’s literally no need to inflate it for no reason.

crossy1686

career ending
Enzo cost £106.8m. He’s already cost an eye watering crazy fee. There’s literally no need to inflate it for no reason.
The normal thing to do is to convert it to € then use that figure but with a £ sign in front of it. That's how the media get United's transfer fee's.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I love how this place loves to make long term judgments based off one game.
I don’t know if people watch Chelsea regularly or not. Apart from Arsenal, there’s not a single team in the league apart from my own that I watch every week. I think I’ve watched United live about 4-5 times and most of those have been CL games. Enzo has been good this season. He’s having a good season. People would actually have to watch Chelsea to know that though because he doesn’t show up on the score or assist sheet, which appears to be the only thing that grabs people’s attention.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Which comes to 120M Euro.

15 Trillion Zimbabwean Dollars. :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The normal thing to do is to convert it to € then use that figure but with a £ sign in front of it. That's how the media get United's transfer fee's.
Which comes to 120M Euro.

15 Trillion Zimbabwean Dollars. :D
Yeah I know people use £ and € interchangeably but people eventually just drop the currency marker altogether and just say 120m, some even add £ to the 120m € figure.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
He has 2 goals and 2 assists since moving to England, those two goals were scored 4 days ago.
Chelsea tried playing him further forward in Scott’s role and he stank the place out. Hes not a 10 etc needs to be played deeper and when he is played deeper he gets overran and has players running off him time and time again. McTominay has one less goal contribution in 12 league games than Enzo has in his entire Chelsea career and it’s not as if we can say Scott has a better attack in front of him than Enzo has, sadly that’s not true.
Enzo is very good at stat padding, play deep and spread nothing balls out wide that counts as forward passes because that’s all they do is play the ball wide. It’s Cleverly with an accent
He doesn’t defend or attack well, he just exists.
This post above is truly a riot. A guy who makes 1 key pass per every 90 "plays nothing balls out wide*. 1.6 tackles (just 0.3 less than the caf fav Declan rice), " Not to mention the fact Scott DOESN'T play 10 for us. Oh well. ....

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah I know people use £ and € interchangeably but people eventually just drop the currency marker altogether and just say 120m, some even add £ to the 120m € figure.
That's where it gets fun though, because they forget it's € and convert it again meaning his price goes up to 150m. Then you can sell him!

tomaldinho1

If he were a United player, they'd add the agent fee and a years wages as the 'fee' - we're just used to that so apologies