EPL Title race 2018/2019

Cal?

CR7 fan
That wasn't the only backpass Gerrard fecked up in his career though. He was sloppy at times and didn't look. I remember one at Highbury, think it was Arsenals last season as they were wearing that dark kit and he passed it to Henry to score. And another to Zidane in the Euro's.

We were still in with an outside chance of top 4 in 2010, I doubt Gerrard would throw away a chance at more CL glory just to screw over Utd.
What Gerrard did in 2010 is exactly what he did in 2014. He just bottled it against Chelsea both times. Nothing more, nothing less.
I think he was a sloppy passer in general and it just happened to hurt us in that way. In retrospect I'm sure he didn't mind.

I think he did it on purpose, and I wouldn't be unhappy if someone did this on Wed.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
United's players are 100% going to try against City, that's not in doubt. They're not fans of United so they won't share this attitude among some that they'd do anything to impede Liverpool's title challenge. For them it will be a derby as any other, and a much needed chance to get three points. It's the game that should decide the title race really. Anything less than a win for City and Liverpool should be champions, whereas three points for us and there's three games that remain where we'll be heavy favourites. That said I still would not be surprised if one of us screws up. Whatever happens on Wednesday I'll be anticipating another twist in the race.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Yes, and do you also Remember Liverpool beating Blackburn, leading UTD to the league if they won at West Ham? (Dalglish managing Blackburn and all that).

Liverpool are not a small club, and nor are UTD, but some of the small club mentality comments on here are contradicting that train of thought.

If Liverpool had the choice between Everton and UTD winning the league, they’d win the game and let the rest worry.

I can’t imagine any UTD player with any sense of self respect and professionalism wanting to hand the title to the team, who won the league last year. They can’t peddle out the usual ‘best club in the world’ rhetoric, if they are not wanting to even beat the best team in a 5 mile radius.

It makes no sense.
BS. Blackburn led for most of that game and you didn’t score your winner till injury time.You won that game despite yourselves.In the lead up to that game loads of Pool fans expressed the hope that their team would roll over.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
BS. Blackburn led for most of that game and you didn’t score your winner till injury time.You won that game despite yourselves.In the lead up to that game loads of Pool fans expressed the hope that their team would roll over.
Not to mention gerrards through ball for drogba for us.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Not sure how accurate this is, but some interesting stats if true. I always thought everyone but us in England wanted City to win the league.

ash_86

Not sure how accurate this is, but some interesting stats if true. I always thought everyone but us in England wanted City to win the league.
33% Everton fans want Pool to win the title? That sounds ridiculous.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
We won't mind too much if you score your winner in injury time tomorrow.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
33% Everton fans want Pool to win the title? That sounds ridiculous.
No idea - maybe it's a "it would be nice for my husband/dad who supports them" kind of thing or something like that.

I also doubt that 1 in 5 Utd fans would rather see United relegated than Liverpool win the league, that'd be stupid.

Treble

I very much doubt the survey is methodologically sound, if there was one in the first place. To survey sufficiently many fans of all 20 PL clubs is not easy and cheap, provided that one is supposed to do it in a properly scientific way.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I very much doubt the survey is methodologically sound, if there was one in the first place. To survey sufficiently many fans of all 20 PL clubs is not easy and cheap, provided that one is supposed to do it in a properly scientific way.
Like I said, I have no idea how accurate or representative it is :) I doubt they just made it all up with different age categories and stuff, but I wouldn't take it for granted either, especially with the weird 20% and stuff. The ones who don't want us to win it (Chelsea, Soton, United, City, Everton) are obvious choices. I'd be surprised if Arsenal and Spurs fans would rather Liverpool than City though.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Get in!

The hardest of the four remaining City games ticked off. Difficult to see them losing it from here but would still like Liverpool to drop points soon to make the run-in more comfortable.

Irrational.

City remaining fixtures:

Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool remaining fixtures:

Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

I'd argue Liverpool have the much easier fixtures and still have the upper hand. Huddersfield have a bitch complex towards Liverpool, Rafa will willingly get rogered by them and Wolves will be in holiday mode.

City have a difficult game against an in-form Burnley, a side managed by Brentan and a team in a relegation dogfight. You'd rather been in Liverpool's position. Hopefully they'll bottle it again.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Get in!

The hardest of the four remaining City games ticked off. Difficult to see them losing it from here but would still like Liverpool to drop points soon to make the run-in more comfortable.
Nah, surely you want to hear the commentators shouting Salahhhhhhhhhh in the last minute of the last game. :cool:

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
At this point I don't believe City will drop points. They will win it, and probably rightfully so. We've been more consistent but worse on average. Good race though.

You will soon regret you cheered them up so much. With their squad quality (skill, age) there's a real chance they'll dominate the league for a few more years.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Would you expect anything else? I'd be surprised if you'd rather United win the League than City.
Sorry for late reply, been busy. But yeah you have been one of my fav posters on the Caf and you guessed right, I’d rather my left nut than United>City in any game, my hatred for United for that f**ing shit show just now has f**** gone up ten fold. I’m pissed off, yeah you lot are shit but f*** me!! In a home game? Fecking pitiful I’m just glad you lot hired that grinning Fergie puppet because you are facing many a dark days in the years to come, he was smiling half the time during the game. Not on, forget it I’m out. Good night.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
11 wins in a row under intense pressure from us. Respect to Pep and City players. Picked themselves up quickly after the CL disappointment too.

Wouldn't say they deserve it yet. The season is 38 games long, not 35.

Buchan

You'd rather been in Liverpool's position.
Absolute lies.

Give any team and any manager an option and every single one would choose City’s position. Three wins from winning a championship. They’re in charge of their own destiny. Liverpool are depending on favours and three wins of their own guarantees absolutely nothing.

City are in the box seat and they’ll be over the moon that they are.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

There is no way on God's green earth that 36% of United fans want Liverpool to win the league.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
11 wins in a row under intense pressure from us. Respect to Pep and City players. Picked themselves up quickly after the CL disappointment too.

Wouldn't say they deserve it yet. The season is 38 games long, not 35.
They absolutely deserve it.

Played far better football than you across the season.

Bwuk

Can’t see City or Liverpool dropping any points.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty sure United are not finishing above 4th/5th next season either. Hard times ahead. City retaining hurts all of us. Feck me.

Irwin99

Had no idea that City had Burnley away and Leicester at home left. No easy fixtures at all. ffs.
Fatigue might be an issue against Burnley but they're over the line if they get through that one IMO. They'll have time to prepare for the last two games, no problem.

El Zoido

I still think Liverpool will win it. They will win all their remaining fixtures, City I feel will drop points. All three of their fixtures are tough, they're looking tired, and they'll have players missing.

wr8_utd

:'(
No way is this title race yet done. Burnley away will be a really hard game and City are without KDB and may have injury doubts with Fernandiho and Gundo as well.

padr81

Supports
Man City
At this point I don't believe City will drop points. They will win it, and probably rightfully so. We've been more consistent but worse on average. Good race though.

You will soon regret you cheered them up so much. With their squad quality (skill, age) there's a real chance they'll dominate the league for a few more years.
Tbh, I don't think either team deserves to lose or win. It's been two strong teams going at a crazy rate all season. It's likely someone will get accused of bottling it or whatever but the truth is, if we win it, it will have been with 14 straight league wins. If you win it, you'll have beaten the most expensive squad ever who averaged 98pts a season.

There has to be a loser but its hard to say one deserved to win. There is the Mahrez peno, the Kompany could have been red carded and a shit ton of other moments that will decide it. Mainly luck tbh.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
No way is this title race yet done. Burnley away will be a really hard game and City are without KDB and may have injury doubts with Fernandiho and Gundo as well.
They will fecking smash that lot. Title race is done, still 28 years goes on. You lot can take the piss. But at least we’ve still got next season :drool:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Doesn't matter much, though.
Aye, but you deserve it. Doesn't necessarily mean you'll win it but you're clearly the better football team.

They've leant far more heavily on luck/decisions and by being plucky. You're the superior outfit.

AJ10

I think only thing saving city (seem to be tiring) right now is they have no CL and only have 1 game per week.

Don't feck this city.

wr8_utd

They will fecking smash that lot. Title race is done, still 28 years goes on. You lot can take the piss. But at least we’ve still got next season :drool:
There is absolutely chance they "smash" Burnley. Even if they win, it's going to be hard fought. Burnley are in good form right now

Inter Yer Nan

Think there will be some hairy moments for City, perhaps late goals whereas Liverpool's opponents will all roll over for them. Rather be City though. I think they are about 70% likely to win it now.

IrishRedDevil

Liverpool have 5 games now in 18 days.

City have 3 games in 18 days.

First time this season that City have less games.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
What will city's midfield look like next game? Potentially no D Silva (if done for kung fu kick, doubt it), Fernandinho, Gundogan(?) and KdB.

Delph, B Silva, Stones?

wr8_utd

What will city's midfield look like next game? Potentially no D Silva (if done for kung fu kick, doubt it), Fernandinho, Gundogan(?) and KdB.

Delph, B Silva, Stones?
Gundo completed most of the game so I think he'll be fit. Pep said they'll see about Fernandhinho tomorrow. I think it'll be the same as today with Sterling and the Silvas ahead of them. They need the break that's coming after the Sunday game. They look tired right now.

Buchan

Liverpool have 5 games now in 18 days.

City have 3 games in 18 days.

First time this season that City have less games.
Klopp will surely rest his first choice attack for the second leg v Barcelona and I’d be very concerned if I was a Liverpool fan about Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana and Sturridge’s collective ability to get the job done in a must-win Premier League game. None of them have played much this season, for a start, and I’m certain they’ve never played together either. When their first choice XI relies heavily on luck to win games because their football isn’t very fluid, what on earth will they require when the stiffs are sent in?

wr8_utd

Klopp will surely rest his first choice attack for the second leg v Barcelona and I’d be very concerned if I was a Liverpool fan about Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana and Sturridge’s collective ability to get the job done in a must-win Premier League game. None of them have played much this season, for a start, and I’m certain they’ve never played together either. When their first choice XI relies heavily on luck to win games because their football isn’t very fluid, what on earth will they require when the stiffs are sent in?
You just know they'll have some sort of luck go their way like the Newcastle keeper chucking it into his goal in the 90th minute. I think Salah will come on and score on the counter in the 80th minute though. They'll win all their PL games.