EPL Title race 2018/2019

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Ohh city better win the title or else we would be made to look like rightful chumps for celebrating a loss. It's so sad how much we have fallen. Feck city feck liverpool. We should have won today and celebrating a loss is idiotic.
I admire your honesty. Couldn't believe some people were on the Liverpool thread, gloating, & one even putting laughter emoticons, within minutes of the final whistle going on Wednesday night. If Everton won the league title at the expense of Manchester United, the first thing that would come into my mind is: Do I slash my wrists ? or jump in front of a train ?

Some strange people about.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Miles away from City? Having spent most of the this season above them? Still only one point behind them with 3 games to go? And in a CL semi final which City couldn't reach?

Are you sure we are miles away from City? You lot are, that's for sure. You are miles away from us too...
:lol:

That’s the best Liverpool attack in United territory this calendar year. The league would be over now had you, you know, actually attacked a United reserve team in United territory when it actually mattered. That’ll be the result - and (non) performance - which will haunt you guys for years. :drool:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Liverpool are still on to win the PL. I had them down at the beginning of the season and nothing has changed my mind. From what we have seen this season, City are more likely to have a lapse than Liverpool are. I'm expecting them to slip up still.
Agreed - I feared you'd win it this season, and with the remaining fixtures being guaranteed wins for Liverpool whilst City's games certainly aren't, then there's every chance of a fatal slip from City. Even if they get past Burnley away and Vardy the week after then I can see Brighton being a West Ham '95-type banana-skin.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

That’s the best Liverpool attack in United territory this calendar year. The league would be over now had you, you know, actually attacked a United reserve team in United territory when it actually mattered. That’ll be the result - and (non) performance - which will haunt you guys for years. :drool:
You desperately want to make it look like United actually had a hand in denying us the title whilst the draw at Old Trafford is merely of the same value as all our other draws.

Its telling that the highlight of your season is losing at home to City so that they would stay above Liverpool. That's how far you've fallen, but you seem to be happy with that as long as we don't win anything regardless - happy days Buchan!

Buchan

Liverpool are still on to win the PL. I had them down at the beginning of the season and nothing has changed my mind. From what we have seen this season, City are more likely to have a lapse than Liverpool are. I'm expecting them to slip up still.
:lol: Say what? You’ve dropped points in more games than City have this season and are a hell of a lot lucky it’s not more due to luck on an unprecedented scale. Get out of here with your delusional nonsense.

Buchan

You desperately want to make it look like United actually had a hand in denying us the title whilst the draw at Old Trafford is merely of the same value as all our other draws.

Its telling that the highlight of your season is losing at home to City so that they would stay above Liverpool. That's how far you've fallen, but you seem to be happy with that as long as we don't win anything regardless - happy days Buchan!
You betcha!

:yawn:

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool

Nah Leicester and West Ham were much worse.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Ah false hope.

Delicious.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Liverpool getting 4 draws in 6 games will be what they look back on if they don't win the title. Also the reality check of being fortunate to even be within touching distance of City will hit (this might be just a hope, because Pool fans are convinced they've been hard done by this season, despite everyone and their mother seeing that they've been gifted games over and over).

clarkydaz

Half our team were crocked and you still didnt beat us

Buchan

Nah Leicester and West Ham were much worse.
Both of those should’ve been losses for you, granted, but you played us minus eleven first-teamers through injury and suspension and you had ONE shot on goal all game.

You were absolutely appalling that day, a day when a win would’ve put a bit of daylight between yourselves and City and a result which would’ve undoubtedly negatively affected City’s spirit. Instead, City were buoyed by the result and went on a crazy winning streak, streaking to the top of the table in the process. That weekend was a huge turning point in the season. We were there for the taking and you lot served up a stinking pile of shite when it truly mattered.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Half our team were crocked and you still didnt beat us
Something to be proud of, definitely. You stopped the mighty Liverpool in your own house.

In all seriousness, a draw at OT in isolation isn't even a bad result. Little did we know that City would win all their fecking remaining games :lol:

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City
It’s kinda crazy that whether or not both teams had a good or bad season will be decided on whether they win the league or not. Despite both having the potential to win at least s double.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If we finish second on 97 points to Manchester City on 98 who won all but one of their last 20 or so games, can we not just say that they were very good?

I get that there are rivalries and misery loves company, but in this case you've got two very good sides competing for one title. Us losing out by a point to a side who would've obtained 198 points over two seasons isn't embarrassing or 'bottling it'. It's losing out to an incredible side.

Bob H from Manchester

City are bottling it versus Burnley
Haha . . that coming from a supporter of team who stood to be leading the league by 10 points but then failed and failed again and again until they were in the precarious position of needing to light candles in the hope that another team drops points to please please allow them a lead again. This has all been much to the hilarity of football fans of all persuasions and we thank you for the comedy.
Your self-entitled deluded lot have been predicting that city will drop points for months now but it's not happened and it's not going to happen is it. . . and anyhow, wolves are visiting the slave port on the last day of the season and they'll take 3 points from klanfield (the home of hate).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Haha . . that coming from a supporter of team who stood to be leading the league by 10 points but then failed and failed again and again until they were in the precarious position of needing to light candles in the hope that another team drops points to please please allow them a lead again. This has all been much to the hilarity of football fans of all persuasions and we thank you for the comedy.
Your self-entitled deluded lot have been predicting that city will drop points for months now but it's not happened and it's not going to happen is it. . . and anyhow, wolves are visiting the slave port on the last day of the season and they'll take 3 points from klanfield (the home of hate).
I love that you think he's a Liverpool fan.

Raw

I don't think @SER19 is a Liverpool fan.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
City are bottling it versus Burnley
neither team are bottling it even if they drop points, they've both gone past the point of bottling with only dropping 11 points out of a possible 84 since the City Liverpool game, no team has bottled it at all even if they drop point now.

Cold Fusion

Supports
Liverpool
If we finish second on 97 points to Manchester City on 98 who won all but one of their last 20 or so games, can we not just say that they were very good?

I get that there are rivalries and misery loves company, but in this case you've got two very good sides competing for one title. Us losing out by a point to a side who would've obtained 198 points over two seasons isn't embarrassing or 'bottling it'. It's losing out to an incredible side.
Agreed. Two top attack-minded teams trading the top spot week-in week-out is a great advert for the Premier League. If we fail to win the league this year I will congratulate City and be very proud of my team.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Liverpool have had an extremely good season, but I think officiating is the main reason the league is still a contest, otherwise City would have had it won. Then you factor in the luck throughout the season such as deflected goals, goalkeeping howlers, missed pens and open goals misses like Morrison in the last game, Hazard two sitters. Liverpool are fortunate to have accumulated this amount of points.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
neither team are bottling it even if they drop points, they've both gone past the point of bottling with only dropping 11 points out of a possible 84 since the City Liverpool game, no team has bottled it at all even if they drop point now.
In here any defeat is a team bottling it.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Liverpool have had an extremely good season, but I think officiating is the main reason the league is still a contest, otherwise City would have had it won. Then you factor in the luck throughout the season such as deflected goals, goalkeeping howlers, missed pens and open goals misses like Morrison in the last game, Hazard two sitters. Liverpool are fortunate to have accumulated this amount of points.
yeah I can see that but also Liverpool were 11mm from a possible undefeated and 100+ point season

Josh 76

Seems strange but people are talking like city have won the title.
I've heard it on the radio, TV and social media that How it's been a great season for Klopp for fighting City all the way and just been unlucky that he faced a great City side.
3 games to go.....this is where it starts, not finishes.

Buchan

I like you, Mr. Bob H.

Inter Yer Nan

Liverpool getting 4 draws in 6 games will be what they look back on if they don't win the title. Also the reality check of being fortunate to even be within touching distance of City will hit (this might be just a hope, because Pool fans are convinced they've been hard done by this season, despite everyone and their mother seeing that they've been gifted games over and over).
Yeah, I see it on my social media they are pointing the finger at things being "rigged" against them and stuff like that despite probably getting more rub of the green than I can recall a team getting in one season.

Paul_Scholes18

Seems strange but people are talking like city have won the title.
I've heard it on the radio, TV and social media that How it's been a great season for Klopp for fighting City all the way and just been unlucky that he faced a great City side.
3 games to go.....this is where it starts, not finishes.
Yeah it is not over. I say the odds for City to win each game is probably around 85-90%. That gives them around a 65% chance to win them all. Thus Liverpool got around 35% chance to have a chance. For Liverpool to win it all they get around 65% chance too. Maybe slightly higher given that they play Huddersfield although Wolves can be really hard. This gives Liverpool around 25% chance to win it at least. I looked at the odds and they seem to agree to give around 4 times the money on Liverpool.

Result can certainly effect the mentality of sides too and I think City is stronger in that regard so I still think it is probably better to bet on City even with these odds. I think if City drops points the odds of Liverpool dropping them might actually go up for the last game against Wolves with all the added nerves.

Adding everything up and I think Liverpool get around 22% chance to win it.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Yeah it is not over. I say the odds for City to win each game is probably around 85-90%. That gives them around a 65% chance to win them all. Thus Liverpool got around 35% chance to have a chance. For Liverpool to win it all they get around 65% chance too. Maybe slightly higher given that they play Huddersfield although Wolves can be really hard. This gives Liverpool around 25% chance to win it at least. I looked at the odds and they seem to agree to give around 4 times the money on Liverpool.

Result can certainly effect the mentality of sides too and I think City is stronger in that regard so I still think it is probably better to bet on City even with these odds. I think if City drops points the odds of Liverpool dropping them might actually go up for the last game against Wolves with all the added nerves.

Adding everything up and I think Liverpool get around 22% chance to win it.
not bad, 5-38 give liverpool 27% and City 73% chance

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
. . . and anyhow, wolves are visiting the slave port on the last day of the season and they'll take 3 points from klanfield (the home of hate).
The irony and ignorance are both strong with this contribution. If Liverpool's 18th century wealth was built upon the slave trade, then so was Manchester's. Cottonopolis? Where do you think all that cotton came from? Who do you think grew it? Which transatlantic trade do you think fed the demand for slaves?

I can't think of a worst slur than being accused of being one of those sad arses.
Can't you? Can't you, really? You should get out more. 1985 called and it wants you back.

Bob H from Manchester

The irony and ignorance are both strong with this contribution. If Liverpool's 18th century wealth was built upon the slave trade, then so was Manchester's. Cottonopolis? Where do you think all that cotton came from? Who do you think grew it? Which transatlantic trade do you think fed the demand for slaves?

Can't you? Can't you, really? You should get out more. 1985 called and it wants you back.
Well it might be a year that you're proud of but decent folk don't want to revisit 1985 because that was the year some scum football hooligans (several found guilty of manslaughter) attacked and caused the deaths of another clubs supporters and got all English football supporters banned from Europe.

It seems clear that you lot never left 1985 . .

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Opening myself up for looking a tit here but the title is City's. They will win all of their last 3. Only dodgy one is Burnley if any, and I really fail to see City not winning that

MysticRed

Supports
Liverpool
Jesus are you for real??!