EPL Title race 2018/2019

Cal?

CR7 fan
Pretty sure United are not finishing above 4th/5th next season either. Hard times ahead. City retaining hurts all of us. Feck me.
We are a mere few points behind the London trio after an unmitigated disastrous first half season (and likely to outspend them in the summer), yet somehow we have no chance for 3rd next season? :confused:

Patrick08

Liverpool have wolves on last day. Good chances they will drop points in that game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Man. City bar a dodgy opening 20 minutes played as composed a game as you can in the heat of the derby.

Tonight decided everything, they will retain the league. Hard luck Liverpool who may pick up the champions league as a "consolation."

AshRK

Ohh city better win the title or else we would be made to look like rightful chumps for celebrating a loss. It's so sad how much we have fallen. Feck city feck liverpool. We should have won today and celebrating a loss is idiotic.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
City remaining fixtures:

Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Liverpool remaining fixtures:

Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

I'd argue Liverpool have the much easier fixtures and still have the upper hand. Huddersfield have a bitch complex towards Liverpool, Rafa will willingly get rogered by them and Wolves will be in holiday mode.

City have a difficult game against an in-form Burnley, a side managed by Brentan and a team in a relegation dogfight. You'd rather been in Liverpool's position. Hopefully they'll bottle it again.

Huddersfield are playing for pride now, hopefully they can get at least a draw at Anfield.

tom9999

Supports
Ronaldo
Man city's season was a failure since they couldn't get to the semi of the competition they needed to win. I know liverpool drought and PL and all that jazz got people in the moment. But in the grand scheme of things, Liverpool will probabaly win 4 to 5 Titles in the next 25 years. Minimal. All of PL clubs combined might not win more than 3 champions league Titles in the next 25 years. Winning the CL is much more important to a clubs history and image. City failed and will probabaly keep failing.

always_hoping

City remaining fixtures:

Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

I'd argue Liverpool have the much easier fixtures and still have the upper hand. Huddersfield have a bitch complex towards Liverpool, Rafa will willingly get rogered by them and Wolves will be in holiday mode.

City have a difficult game against an in-form Burnley, a side managed by Brentan and a team in a relegation dogfight. You'd rather been in Liverpool's position. Hopefully they'll bottle it again.

Liverpool have much easier run-in. They will hammer Huddersfield to improve their GD. Newcastle players minds will be on summer beach somewhere while no way will Rafa make any effort to stop Liverpool from winning. Wolves won't be winning in Anfield.

City won't get anything easy in as of their remaining 3 games. Burnley one of the form team now in the league and will be tough to beat at home. Rodgers will have his team fired up and they are capable of at least drawing with City. Brighton will park the bus v City and were inches away from gaining a point v Spurs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
City remaining fixtures:

Burnley (A)
Leicester (H)
Brighton (A)

Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)
Wolves (H)

At this stage of the season any game has potential for losing points. None of those games are absolutely safe especially the away ones. City's are slightly more difficult IMO.

Giggs86

I think that Liverpool suffered a heavy mental blow by today's result. Won't be surprised at all if they drop points at their next game and City wrap up the title earlier than expected.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wolves cannot be underestimated at Anfield on the final day of the season. We all know their record against the top 6, and they won’t turn up just to be spectators in a potential Liverpool title party. If they can avoid defeat there, none of the top 6 will have done the double over them this season, and they will have more wins than losses in those 12 league matches which would be hugely impressive.

Burnley away was one of the 6 games that City dropped points in last season, and obviously they would enjoy being spoilers in City’s title bid and then Arsenal’s top 4 bid before the end of the season. If City win on Sunday, I think they will hold their nerve for the title. As a neutral it will be exciting though, and it’s nice to have a tense title race again.

Josh 76

I think that Liverpool suffered a heavy mental blow by today's result. Won't be surprised at all if they drop points at their next game and City wrap up the title earlier than expected.
Their next game is Huddersfield at home.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Like i said a few pages back, i think both will win all their remaining games and go for ridiculous 195 points combined.

dove

Newcastle away in between the Barcelona tie will be tricky as feck imo. Leicester could give city a game too, might be a few twists left yet but I doubt it tbh.
Rafa will make sure Liverpool will get all 3 points.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Newcastle away in between the Barcelona tie will be tricky as feck imo. Leicester could give city a game too, might be a few twists left yet but I doubt it tbh.
City's home game is a banker for me, but Burnley and Brighton away might be tricky, especially if Brighton needs points to stay up on the last day of the season.

It's clutching at straws though if you're betting on Burnley and Brighton to get something from a side who will have close to 200 points over 2 seasons combined.

Frank Grimes

City's home game is a banker for me, but Burnley and Brighton away might be tricky, especially if Brighton needs points to stay up on the last day of the season.

It's clutching at straws though if you're betting on Burnley and Brighton to get something from a side who will have close to 200 points over 2 seasons combined.
Pretty sure Brighton will be safe plus they're rubbish. Burnley could give city a game but I don't think Liverpool's last 2 are a certain 6 points either. Still think Leicester have more to offer even though they're away.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Huddersfield are playing for pride now, hopefully they can get at least a draw at Anfield.
As well as a few of their players hoping to play like they belong in this division and attract interest from other Premier League clubs in the summer. The chasm between Premier League salaries and Championship-level salaries is astronomical. A few Huddersfield players will hope to put themselves in the shop window, I’m sure.

andyish

Supports
Liverpool
City will win out ........ there was false hope based on history not form for the Utd game.

It’s as good as over.

No shame in second on 97 points!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
City will win out ........ there was false hope based on history not form for the Utd game.

It’s as good as over.

No shame in second on 97 points!
I hope you’re right but I’m not so sure. I think City have one more bottle job in them in the last 3 games. They looked very nervy until they scored and a bit ropey at the back at times. We just couldn’t take advantage.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a title race where both teams challenging win all their final 10 or so matches. Somebody will slip up before the end. Please let it be your lot!

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Some effort by both teams so far this season, really is incredible how consistent both teams have been. City winning virtually every game since Christmas is ridiculous.

On a side note, whether you’re a Pep fan or not, he really does raise the bar in every league he goes to.

AgentP

It would be incredible if neither team slips up in the last 3 games. I'm counting on Barca to dump Liverpool out of the CL and give them yet another trophyless season.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not RAWK but plenty of arrogance and a side dish of delusion on show:

After the hilarity about their bitterness wears off and you delve a little further into posts like this above, I cannot believe anyone - anywhere - would want these pricks winning a title.
I'm sorry but there's nothing shocking about those comments. I was genuinely baffled by your lack of quality, and thinking that Ole has a monumental task ahead of him. You almost need an entire new starting XI if you want to be able to compete again, and that won't be fixed by next season. I literally thought to myself that I was happy I didn't have to watch that team play every week.

Your posts in here also have no relevance to the title race debate by the way.

Buchan

I'm sorry but there's nothing shocking about those comments. I was genuinely baffled by your lack of quality, and thinking that Ole has a monumental task ahead of him. You almost need an entire new starting XI if you want to be able to compete again, and that won't be fixed by next season. I literally thought to myself that I was happy I didn't have to watch that team play every week.

Your posts in here also have no relevance to the title race debate by the way.
I misposted them and have now moved them to the correct thread.

As for the post I quoted (which you appear to agree with), you’ve played shit-on-a-stick football pretty much all season. I can only recall maybe five games this season which you’ve been genuinely impressive (Arsenal and United at Anfield to name two) but the remainder has been low-quality, three-defensive-midfielders, bum-rush football which relies a lot on set-pieces and opposition errors to get the job done. You’re miles away from City’s level and it makes it all the more hilarious when you and that poster I quoted above come out with that delusional guff.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

As for the post I quoted (which you appear to agree with), you’ve player shit-on-a-stick football pretty much all season. I can only recall maybe five games this season which you’ve been genuinely impressive (Arsenal and United at Anfield to name two) but the remainder has been low-quality, three-defensive-midfielders, bum-rush football which relies a lot on set-pieces and opposition errors to get the job done. You’re miles away from City’s level and it makes it all the more hilarious when you and that poster I quoted above come out with that delusional guff.
:lol:

andyish

Supports
Liverpool
I hope you’re right but I’m not so sure. I think City have one more bottle job in them in the last 3 games. They looked very nervy until they scored and a bit ropey at the back at times. We just couldn’t take advantage.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a title race where both teams challenging win all their final 10 or so matches. Somebody will slip up before the end. Please let it be your lot!
Obviously I hope I’m wrong!!

Buchan

Will weird Dave Wagner’s Kloppophile ghost live on in the Huddersfield dressing-room tonight and they’ll bend over for a submissive rodgering, or will these feckers actually show some backbone for once this season?

The whole footballing world is behind you, gents.

Havak

Pokemon master
There's at least a draw between these six remaining games, but I can't even begin to predict where. I think Liverpool will get a thumping win against Huddersfield tonight, probably at least 4-0. But that Newcastle game looks majorly dodgy to me, in-between the two games against Barcelona... I think if I had to pick one game to be a draw from Liverpool/City remaining fixtures it would be that one. I think it's good for Liverpool that they get to play first for the next two games, but City seem to be in cruise control and it's hard to see them not winning out. For me it's only the 'laws of probability' that say surely there has to be some kind of dip in the run. City winning 14 games in a row? They're obviously more than capable of doing it, but it happens so rarely that you'd think there has to be dropped points. Slightly unrelated, but it's why I think there is at least a draw left in Tottenham this season as drawing one game in over 40 seems so ridiculously unlikely.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Burnley has beaten the reigning PL champions in each of their recent top flight seasons. They lost 5-0 at the Etihad.

Believe :wenger:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Will weird Dave Wagner’s Kloppophile ghost live on in the Huddersfield dressing-room tonight and they’ll bend over for a submissive rodgering, or will these feckers actually show some backbone for once this season?

The whole footballing world is behind you, gents.

:lol:

Huddersfield have about as much hope as I would if I jumped in the ring with Anthony Joshua.

They're either going to get totally mauled, or Liverpool will score 2/3 in the first half then sit off and conserve energy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Silva hasn't been charged, haven't seen anything mentioned since Wednesday night.

Lucky boy.

The Kloppster

Supports
Liverpool

As for the post I quoted (which you appear to agree with), you’ve played shit-on-a-stick football pretty much all season. I can only recall maybe five games this season which you’ve been genuinely impressive (Arsenal and United at Anfield to name two) but the remainder has been low-quality, three-defensive-midfielders, bum-rush football which relies a lot on set-pieces and opposition errors to get the job done. You’re miles away from City’s level and it makes it all the more hilarious when you and that poster I quoted above come out with that delusional guff.
Miles away from City? Having spent most of the this season above them? Still only one point behind them with 3 games to go? And in a CL semi final which City couldn't reach?

Are you sure we are miles away from City? You lot are, that's for sure. You are miles away from us too...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I must have missed that, what did he do?
Studded Andreas Pereria in side of chest when both were jumping for a header.

Guess they concluded it was an accident or indeed ref actually saw it but would've been interested if it happened in CL and VAR had a look, red card imo.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Studded Andreas Pereria in side of chest when both were jumping for a header.

Guess they concluded it was an accident or indeed ref actually saw it but would've been interested if it happened in CL and VAR had a look, red card imo.
I think it was an accident. Didn't expect him to be charged for that.

The Kloppster

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool are still on to win the PL. I had them down at the beginning of the season and nothing has changed my mind. From what we have seen this season, City are more likely to have a lapse than Liverpool are. I'm expecting them to slip up still.