Eredivisie 2020-21

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Of course not, but it's a funny contrast. Curious to read the reports afterwards. Apparently it's not a record though?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Wrong, it is. Previous record was apparently Ajax beating Vitesse 12-1 in 1972.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
PSV was missing nine squad players this weekend due to COVID-19. Still beat Feb Haag 4-0. Guess they got luck with the opposition. Apparently though, Ihattaren can play alongside Götze and is finding his form back and Malen is back at it, which is all good news to me. Other than that, the entire top 7 won. And AZ also registered its first win of the season: 3-0 to RKC.

Last edited:

United Junkie

PSV was missing nine squad players this weekend due to COVID-19. Still beat Feb Haag 4-0. Guess they got luck with the opposition. Apparently though, Ihattaren can play alongside Götze and is finding his form back and Maken is back at it, which is all good news to me. Other than that, the entire top 7 won. And AZ also registered its first win of the season: 3-0 to RKC.
TBF Ado is shit. If covid didn't happen they would've been in the first division where they belong. Ihattaren though need's too get his ass straight(literally) because he's the golden boy now but patience is running up right now not just with the PSV fans but also the Dutch football fans in general. Feyenoord though is not doing all that bad and thats because of the grace and genius of Dickie.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
12th minute against the bottom team in the league. 0-1 behind and down to 10 men.

I love my club.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ok our centre half just volleyd it into the top corner.

Im talking to myself, it's ok.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Managed a 1-3 even. Small apple small egg. (There's nothing like translating expressions literally.)

Sparta also wiped out ADO with a 6-0. Surely ADO are going down; I have yet to read a single positive comment about their matches. Well, I guess it's between RKC and them for direct relegation. (Or did they change it and are two clubs going down directly now?)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Managed a 1-3 even. Small apple small egg. (There's nothing like translating expressions literally.)

Sparta also wiped out ADO with a 6-0. Surely ADO are going down; I have yet to read a single positive comment about their matches. Well, I guess it's between RKC and them for direct relegation. (Or did they change it and are two clubs going down directly now?)
:lol:
Van Gaal really had a small hand from that, I miss him.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Bloody PSV .(And Vitesse, but they are less likely to last the season anyway.) I just hope Ajax isn't going to walk this.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Okay, one last exciting update from this weeks Eredsie. Eljero Elia got angry with a camera man for filming him, asking him why he's following him. Big deal you'd say, but it was on the pitch, during the game. What do you even say to something like that? What's next, Brad Pitt screaming at the camera crew to stop filming him during a take?

Ok that's mental, if anyone'd do that it would be Christian Bale, but still.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Okay, one last exciting update from this weeks Eredsie. Eljero Elia got angry with a camera man for filming him, asking him why he's following him. Big deal you'd say, but it was on the pitch, during the game. What do you even say to something like that? What's next, Brad Pitt screaming at the camera crew to stop filming him during a take?

Ok that's mental, if anyone'd do that it would be Christian Bale, but still.
I think both Elia and the cameraman himself came out about this topic and both said there was nothing going on and Elia was not angry in any way.. The whole thing became a thing when FOX presentator Jan Joost van Gangelen made a big deal of it, 'claiming' Elia was angry...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think both Elia and the cameraman himself came out about this topic and both said there was nothing going on and Elia was not angry in any way.. The whole thing became a thing when FOX presentator Jan Joost van Gangelen made a big deal of it, 'claiming' Elia was angry...
I dunno, Elia seems very preoccupied with everything except football. Why go to the camera man at all. Of course he's followed more closely, he played for Juventus and was a huge talent once upon a time. it's part of the job and the reason he can buy a whole fecking fleet of expensive cars.

AjaxNL

Wonder what's going to happen in Europe this week for the Dutch teams. Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV and AZ are all very much in it for their respective groups. None of them are certainties though, except for Ajax getting at least 3rd in their CL group. We might end up with 4 teams playing in Europe after christmas, or just one. Feel like this is the moment for Dutch teams in Europe to properly kick on, after we have had a few decent years in a row (mostly because of Ajax to be fair).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wonder what's going to happen in Europe this week for the Dutch teams. Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV and AZ are all very much in it for their respective groups. None of them are certainties though, except for Ajax getting at least 3rd in their CL group. We might end up with 4 teams playing in Europe after christmas, or just one. Feel like this is the moment for Dutch teams in Europe to properly kick on, after we have had a few decent years in a row (mostly because of Ajax to be fair).
I'm quite confident Ajax will manage 2nd. They were much better than Atalanta and are in good form. Psv should go through judging by their quality, but they're very volatile at the moment.

As for us, our win against CSKA was very good, but we are perfectly capable of fecking it up utterly. I cant imagine us going through.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I dunno, Elia seems very preoccupied with everything except football. Why go to the camera man at all. Of course he's followed more closely, he played for Juventus and was a huge talent once upon a time. it's part of the job and the reason he can buy a whole fecking fleet of expensive cars.
I definitely agree with you on the bold part, but I think this story has been blowd up hugely..

I thought you as a Feyenoord supported would be a fan.. He was immens during your Champions season..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I'm quite confident Ajax will manage 2nd. They were much better than Atalanta and are in good form. Psv should go through judging by their quality, but they're very volatile at the moment.

As for us, our win against CSKA was very good, but we are perfectly capable of fecking it up utterly. I cant imagine us going through.
Feyenoord is just so unpredictable.. Can go either way, but at least you need a win against CSKA

AZ managed to get themselves in a good position by winning in Napels, but they need to get a result again against Napoli/Sociedad.. Will be very diffucult..

PSV should be absolutely ashamed if they get knocked out in the group stages (again!!)

Ajax has a good chance indeed, but its definitely not a given yet.. We need wins home against Atalanta and ML to be sure..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I definitely agree with you on the bold part, but I think this story has been blowd up hugely..

I thought you as a Feyenoord supported would be a fan.. He was immens during your Champions season..
I appreciate what he did for us and I dont dislike him per se, but not a huge fan of his attitude.

I also hate Dirk Kuyt mind you and I named myself after him :)

United Junkie

Feyenoord is just so unpredictable.. Can go either way, but at least you need a win against CSKA

AZ managed to get themselves in a good position by winning in Napels, but they need to get a result again against Napoli/Sociedad.. Will be very diffucult..

PSV should be absolutely ashamed if they get knocked out in the group stages (again!!)

Ajax has a good chance indeed, but its definitely not a given yet.. We need wins home against Atalanta and ML to be sure..
Hey please Ajax Boy, don't go condescending us alright. You know your gonna win the league(again) so dont go acting like you're fearful of feyenoord this season.

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Hey please Ajax Boy, don't go condescending us alright. You know your gonna win the league(again) so dont go acting like you're fearful of feyenoord this season.
Ehhhhh... Only and last reaction to your post, but there is nothing condescending in my point, where Im stating Feyenoord in the EL can go either way, as their performances are unpredictable..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I appreciate what he did for us and I dont dislike him per se, but not a huge fan of his attitude.

I also hate Dirk Kuyt mind you and I named myself after him :)
I get that haha... Personally I f*ckin hate Luis Suarez on the pitch as well for example

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
AZ have sacked Slot because he talked to Feyenoord behind their backs about becoming Advocaat's successor next season. There must be a bit more to this; seems like a rather radical measure, especially since Slot has been hugely important for AZ (as far as I can tell) and this may well end any hopes they had for this season. I guess the chat between Slot and their board really didn't go well!

In the meantime, RKC have registered their third win and are making their way out of the relegation pack, while Fortune are beating Willem II and dragging them into it. Hard to call who'll be making the drop this year - or who'll come up from the Eerste Divisie, for that matter.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
AZ have sacked Slot because he talked to Feyenoord behind their backs about becoming Advocaat's successor next season. There must be a bit more to this; seems like a rather radical measure, especially since Slot has been hugely important for AZ (as far as I can tell) and this may well end any hopes they had for this season. I guess the chat between Slot and their board really didn't go well!

In the meantime, RKC have registered their third win and are making their way out of the relegation pack, while Fortune are beating Willem II and dragging them into it. Hard to call who'll be making the drop this year - or who'll come up from the Eerste Divisie, for that matter.
It's sort of understandable in light of the fact that AZ want to challenge the traditional top 3, but this also makes them seem a bit small. Feyenoord is still more prestigous than AZ and they should just respect that, but meh, Im hardly objective.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's sort of understandable in light of the fact that AZ want to challenge the traditional top 3, but this also makes them seem a bit small. Feyenoord is still more prestigous than AZ and they should just respect that, but meh, Im hardly objective.
There's no way they can think they're a bigger club than Feyenoord - as much as Feyenoord has no money and neverending problems. Either way, I can understand the insult to their pride and ambitions, but it seems a silky thing to fire your coach for. Things must have really derailed in their relationships very quickly.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Ajax and Vitesse have lost today.....big chance for PSV and Feyenoord to make the title race interesting again.
Pity Vitesse didn't win. Not a particularly sympathetic club (I have to say that as someone who studied in Nijmegen - but also apart from that, I see nothing to warm to), but it's good to have more clubs in the top, if only to have more pressure on things.

Twente is doing surprisingly well this year. I know nothing about the quality of their squad or coach and I wonder how long they will be able to keep it up; if they can continue competing for the European (playoff) spots, that would be quite the recovery for them after their past few years in the wilderness.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Pity Vitesse didn't win. Not a particularly sympathetic club (I have to say that as someone who studied in Nijmegen - but also apart from that, I see nothing to warm to), but it's good to have more clubs in the top, if only to have more pressure on things.

Twente is doing surprisingly well this year. I know nothing about the quality of their squad or coach and I wonder how long they will be able to keep it up; if they can continue competing for the European (playoff) spots, that would be quite the recovery for them after their past few years in the wilderness.
Clubs like Vitesse will never get a better chance to win the league and i thought it could be possible in the Eredivisie this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Clubs like Vitesse will never get a better chance to win the league and i thought it could be possible in the Eredivisie this season.
Vitesse is not winning the league, no chance whatsoever. They just had a good run of results. Ajax will easily win the league, they just had a shite game yesterday, but usually beat all opposition with at least 3 goals difference.

I hope Im wrong, mind.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Vitesse is not winning the league, no chance whatsoever. They just had a good run of results. Ajax will easily win the league, they just had a shite game yesterday, but usually beat all opposition with at least 3 goals difference.

I hope Im wrong, mind.
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything dramatic from Vitesse, but it's just nice to have more variety at the top. This season, I think only PSV will be able to challenge Ajax, but they'll have to become more consistent soon, before Ajax really find their rhythm. I had high hopes for Feyenoord at the start, but it seems they're better at not losing than winning and that won't be enough.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything dramatic from Vitesse, but it's just nice to have more variety at the top. This season, I think only PSV will be able to challenge Ajax, but they'll have to become more consistent soon, before Ajax really find their rhythm. I had high hopes for Feyenoord at the start, but it seems they're better at not losing than winning and that won't be enough.
We have a boat load of injuries at the moment and no squad dept at all. Berghuis losing his form a bit has completely killed off any creativity.

This weekend was a let down though, no one took advantage of Ajax' loss. Well, I suppose psv and feyenoord gained 1 point on them.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We have a boat load of injuries at the moment and no squad dept at all. Berghuis losing his form a bit has completely killed off any creativity.

This weekend was a let down though, no one took advantage of Ajax' loss. Well, I suppose psv and feyenoord gained 1 point on them.
Yeah, I know; I guess I was too optimistic about your chances due to the way you finished last season. But looks like Advocaat has taken you about as far as he will - also given the situation and limitations he's facing.

Pity about PSV today. I'm a little partial to them anyway, but it's mostly that I'm no fan of Ajax and even less of a non-competitive league. If any of the top want to compete for the title, they really need to capitalize on Ajax's rare off-days.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

I hope Im wrong, mind.
Of course Ajax are easily the favourites but miracles will happen in some leagues this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
With Ajax out of the CL, that's it with Ten Hag?
Don't see why, battling to get through the group stages is their level, that freak season 2 years ago is an outlier. It was always going to be them or Atalanta this year.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah - especially since Ajax has mostly lost quality the last few years. Ten Hag can't be expected to live up to previous seasons' standards if he has a clearly lesser squad.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax' Quincy Promes has been arrested for involvement in a stabbing earlier this year. Could face jail time.

United Junkie

Ajax' Quincy Promes has been arrested for involvement in a stabbing earlier this year. Could face jail time.
I dont get those football players getting themselves involved with 'gangsta rappers' or link up with their old criminal buddies from the past. He actually palled up with a convicted murderer :houllier:. This guy cost Ajax 16 million euros. I can imagine Overmars and Van der Sar fuming right now.