PSV Eindhoven
Amad
Jahanbakhsh
Til
Trauner
Aursnes
Pedersen

for less than 5 million?

If they can get Viergever or someone comparable and Bijlow stays fit, Feyenoord is winning the title.
Feyenoord is getting nowhere close to the title ffs.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Lots of transfers today, but I suppose the most striking one is Ihattaren: sold to Juventus, and immediately loaned to Sampdoria. No idea if that's a good move to him (I know nothing about Sampdoria), but I guess playing at a lower level should mean guaranteed playtime, while he continues to be employed by a big club.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Onana staying means Ajax will have an edge over PSV. Not letting Alvarez go for 20m is mind boggling.

No transfers for Neres, Tagliafico, Veerman, Bazoer and Tannane as well. Russia and Turkey is still open (for the latter two) I think.

Luuk de Jong to Barca is hilarious. I quite rate Koeman as a manager, but feck me, please keep him far away from United. Knowing him he'd probably bring in Ekkelenkamp or Kokcu or something.

Lots of transfers today, but I suppose the most striking one is Ihattaren: sold to Juventus, and immediately loaned to Sampdoria. No idea if that's a good move to him (I know nothing about Sampdoria), but I guess playing at a lower level should mean guaranteed playtime, while he continues to be employed by a big club.
The lower half of Serie A I don't rate as much as Ligue 1 (physically more demanding) or the Bundesliga (high tempo) and La Liga is a much a better league than either 3.

His ego is probably too big to go to Brugge or Utrecht and play 60+ games there, so Sampdoria is the next best thing I guess. Raiola probably snuck him in with Keane. The fee is 5.5m.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, De Jong's move I don't get at all. Isn't he super limited? I suppose he's backup for Aguëro or Memphis?

In other news, Lammers went on loan from Atalanta to Frankfurt. For some reason, I really hoped he'd be good; I guess it's the decidedly unglamorous name (and I kinda like PSV). Apparently he didn't achieve much at Atalanta, so I hope Frankfurt will work out for him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Apparently Feyenoord are doing an all or nothing style doc with Disney. I saw one with subtitles yesterday but I can't find it now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Jens Toornstra channeling his inner Zidane as he always does against PSV.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
PSV - Feyenoord 0-4! How are you feeling, @KirkDuyt? ;)

Even if Feyenoord has started the season strongly, that's still quite the upset, especially with that scoreline. What was the game like? And why did Schmidt take off pretty much all of his first choice offensive players?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Even if Feyenoord has started the season strongly, that's still quite the upset, especially with that scoreline. What was the game like? And why did Schmidt take off pretty much all of his first choice offensive players?
I have no clue. It's starting to seem like Schmidt is taking the piss. It's more than making bad subs. He just subs off the best players consistently and his team still looks knackered.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I saw the first half before the United game. PSV saw a lot of the ball but didn't create much.

Schmidt didn't even start Madueke. I don't think it's arrogance, he must have some intricate system to decide which players to rest. Poor man can't see the trees through the forest.

Feyenoord have the best defense in the league. Malacia and Bijlow are certainly the best LB and GK in the league and the CBs of the top 3 are comparable in my opinion. They don't have PSV/Ajax's squad depth, so they'll will definitely come in 3rd behind them.

Vitesse is still a very good side. They kept Tannane, Bazoer and Witek and only lost Broja and Pasveer. AZ will have hard time challenging for top 4.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I have no clue. It's starting to seem like Schmidt is taking the piss. It's more than making bad subs. He just subs off the best players consistently and his team still looks knackered.
I enjoyed this Feyenoord win vs PSV much more than the Ajax vs Cambuur win. Its so impressive what how Arnesen and Slot have transformed Feyenoord over the summer!

And for heaven's sake, can you imagine how insanely angry and frustrated PSV fans must be towards Schmidt and his substitutions..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I saw the first half before the United game. PSV saw a lot of the ball but didn't create much.

Schmidt didn't even start Madueke. I don't think it's arrogance, he must have some intricate system to decide which players to rest. Poor man can't see the trees through the forest.

Feyenoord have the best defense in the league. Malacia and Bijlow are certainly the best LB and GK in the league and the CBs of the top 3 are comparable in my opinion. They don't have PSV/Ajax's squad depth, so they'll will definitely come in 3rd behind them.

Vitesse is still a very good side. They kept Tannane, Bazoer and Witek and only lost Broja and Pasveer. AZ will have hard time challenging for top 4.
Do you rate Pedersen - Trauner - Senesi - Malacia over Mazraoui - Timber - Martinez - Blind?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Do you rate Pedersen - Trauner - Senesi - Malacia over Mazraoui - Timber - Martinez - Blind?
You forgot the GK. Bijlow's 5 tiers above the old farts.
Malacia is a better LB than blind, especially when it comes to defending.

I think the CBs are comparable. Martinez stands out but defensively I wouldn't put Timber ahead of either Trauner or Senesi (yet).
Pedersen and Mazraoui are both defensively suspect in my opinion.

The Ajax back 4 definitely wins out with their ability on the ball, no question.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
But Vitesse is 0-2 down and AZ 0-1 up right now. ;) (I know, pointless single game mid-game snapshot.)

So far, it looks like a lot of clubs might be quite close this year, with the top 3 far ahead.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
You forgot the GK. Bijlow's 5 tiers above the old farts.
Malacia is a better LB than blind, especially when it comes to defending.

I think the CBs are comparable. Martinez stands out but defensively I wouldn't put Timber ahead of either Trauner or Senesi (yet).
Pedersen and Mazraoui are both defensively suspect in my opinion.

The Ajax back 4 definitely wins out with their ability on the ball, no question.
This is insane for me, especially after having seen Sporting - Ajax..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This is insane for me, especially after having seen Sporting - Ajax..
You forgot bolding the word defensively.

I rate Timber, but we really haven't seen him do much defending compared to the other CBs. He'll have to demonstrate it over an extended period of time.

Trauner and Ramalho are new as well, but they've played more games this season with the qualifiers in Europe and have had more defending to do because they play in a weaker side. I'm not going to judge Timber on one game, or else I might as well have written him off after the super cup where Madueke toyed with him. He was great for Holland, but we dominated weaker sides when he played the Euros.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
You forgot bolding the word defensively.

I rate Timber, but we really haven't seen him do much defending compared to the other CBs. He'll have to demonstrate it over an extended period of time.

Trauner and Ramalho are new as well, but they've played more games this season with the qualifiers in Europe and have had more defending to do because they play in a weaker side. I'm not going to judge Timber on one game, or else I might as well have written him off after the super cup where Madueke toyed with him. He was great for Holland, but we dominated weaker sides when he played the Euros.
Defensively its equally insane for me personally.. Timber is a terrier in duels..

But you do realize Timber have started in all six games last year against Lille, Young Boys and Roma, plus played (the friendlies preceeding) the Euro's for NL? You havent watched that? Cause that looks like plenty serious games - aside the second half of the season last year where he basically started every game - to judge him on and form an opinion about right? I would say more than a couple of Eredivisie/Conference League prequels for Trauner?

Not saying Trauner is a bad player, I think Arnesen/Slot did great work getting him to Feyenoord, but hell.. I think even every Feyenoord fan would swap Timber for Trauner in a hearbeat...

But hey, different opinions.. Its just a mind boggling statement for me..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Sorry forgot to say what the game was like. Actually the first half PSV was much stronger. Schmidt made a rather strange triple sub at half time which started the turn around and after subbing off Gakpo we smashed them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Defensively its equally insane for me personally.. Timber is a terrier in duels..

But you do realize Timber have started in all six games last year against Lille, Young Boys and Roma, plus played (the friendlies preceeding) the Euro's for NL? You havent watched that? Cause that looks like plenty serious games - aside the second half of the season last year where he basically started every game - to judge him on and form an opinion about right? I would say more than a couple of Eredivisie/Conference League prequels for Trauner?

Not saying Trauner is a bad player, I think Arnesen/Slot did great work getting him to Feyenoord, but hell.. I think even every Feyenoord fan would swap Timber for Trauner in a hearbeat...

I would obviously swap them, but purely from a defensive standpoint it's not exactly mind boggling to me. Trauner has been flawless so far. He wouldn't be able to play for Ajax obviously, but Timber has mostly impressed me on the ball, not really as a defender. He's looked a bit suspect at times. Also during that 5-1 when Sporting missed a few huge chances.

Also, Timber is basically a midget for a CB. Even if Trauner is hardly Yao Ming himself.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Everyone would obviously swap Timber for Trauner, he's 11 years younger for 1 thing. He's also a 100 times better on the ball. Purely defensively though? I dunno, timber looks fine but not that special. He's also a midget.

I would obviously swap them, but purely from a defensive standpoint it's not exactly mind boggling to me. Trauner has been flawless so far. He wouldn't be able to play for Ajax obviously, but Timber has mostly impressed me on the ball, not really as a defender. He's looked a bit suspect at times. Also during that 5-1 whn Sporting missed a few huge chances.
Fair enough.. Im obviously biased as well and watch every Ajax game, not necessarily every Feyenoord game and the same it probably true the other way around.. I think its fair to say at least we are both very happy with our RCV's at the moment haha!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fair enough.. Im obviously biased as well and watch every Ajax game, not necessarily every Feyenoord game and the same it probably true the other way around.. I think its fair to say at least we are both very happy with our RCV's at the moment haha!
Oh but as I said, I would swap Timber for Trauner in a heartbeat.

Edit: and what the feck are Vitesse doing. 0-4 behind against Twente?!

VanDeBank

Ma’am

You guys absolutely demolished Lille and Young Boys and would've cruised towards playing us were it not for having to play your 3rd goalkeeper.

I honestly think Trauner had more defending to do against PSV today than Timber had in multiple of those fixtures combined.
I think he is the real deal, but he'll have to demonstrate it, especially when the going gets rough.

I don't think you're giving Trauner enough credit. He's like the Maguire of the Eredivisie. Almost never gets beaten in the air or one on ones.

Timber might surpass him soon (defensively speaking), I just haven't seen it yet, which might be on me. I don't watch every Ajax game, just most of the European ones and the top clashes domestically.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
You guys absolutely demolished Lille and Young Boys and would've cruised towards playing us were it not for having to play your 3rd goalkeeper.

I honestly think Trauner had more defending to do against PSV today than Timber had in multiple of those fixtures combined.
I think he is the real deal, but he'll have to demonstrate it, especially when the going gets rough.

I don't think you're giving Trauner enough credit. He's like the Maguire of the Eredivisie. Almost never gets beaten in the air or one on ones.

Timber might surpass him soon (defensively speaking), I just haven't seen it yet, which might be on me. I don't watch every Ajax game, just most of the European ones and the top clashes domestically.
Oh I definitely rate Trauner in a sense that he is a huge upgrade for Feyenoord and massively improved them.. I said so mulitple times right?

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I loved the remark Slot made by the way about him not being unhappy with the way Schmidt picked his 11 and substituted today haha..

The only thing I thought was annoying is that Dessers didnt pass to Sinisterra in the end to make the fifth, but tried himself.. Very small detail obviously in an overall great performance from Feyenoord, but still.. It annoyed me..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I loved the remark Slot made by the way about him not being unhappy with the way Schmidt picked his 11 and substituted today haha..

The only thing I thought was annoying is that Dessers didnt pass to Sinisterra in the end to make the fifth, but tried himself.. Very small detail obviously in an overall great performance from Feyenoord, but still.. It annoyed me..
Yeah especially since Sini assisted him for the 4th. Was a bit peeved about that too.

Renfurm

Supports
N.E.C.
I only watched the second half, but was both surprised and pleased at overturning a 2-0 deficit. Feyenoord away isn't a game I'm expecting points from, so not overly bothered at the outcome. Bit bummed that once they finally score more than once in a game they conceede 5.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Some genuinely insane takes on Timber who now has to prove himself beyond Trauner, absolutely laughable.

But hey, Obispo was the best defender up until last week.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Some genuinely insane takes on Timber who now has to prove himself beyond Trauner, absolutely laughable.

But hey, Obispo was the best defender up until last week.
Yeah, I mean he's a talented kid, but Gernot's way out of his league.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I love how Feyenoord supporters can go from the most self loathing supporters in the world to the cockiest ones in like 1 second

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah, I mean he's a talented kid, but Gernot's way out of his league.
Absurd take.

If there is an Ajax talent who has shown not just to be the talented kid who is hyped after 3 matches it is Timber.

He has shown it ever since he got integrated into the team, in the EL, CL, for Holland as CB and that whilst playing in a high line that most teams wouldnt even dare.

But you go Feyenoord.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Absurd take.

If there is an Ajax talent who has shown not just to be the talented kid who is hyped after 3 matches it is Timber.

He has shown it ever since he got integrated into the team, in the EL, CL, for Holland as CB and that whilst playing in a high line that most teams wouldnt even dare.

But you go Feyenoord.
That's all well and good, but does he have the bad ass bandaid on his nose for extra oxygen intake?

Ajacieden and self deprecation, will they ever recognize each other :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Absurd take.

But you go Feyenoord.
I'll sell you my sarcasm detector for 100 euros mate

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
FiveThirtyEight currently model Ajax as the third best team in the world and third favourites for the Champions League. Be interesting to see how it rates them in six months' time.