Eredivisie 2021-22

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Zirkzee will cost way less overall I reckon and at least gives you options besides Bannis/Bozenik..

I think they are still trying to make some money selling Haps and Diemers to make some room in the wage budget at least for some loans/free transfers..
Zirkzee probably doesn't want to come.

Latest news is they have investors ready but they need to free up wages. They'll try hard to offload players like Diemers, Haps and Texeira and then get a CF.

It's mind boggling they're not looking to sell Malacia to Brugge. They offered 6 million. If they can get it to 8, just keep Haps, there's not much between them and there's your money to buy a CF. That new right back Pedersen looks terrible. Don't tell me they don't have a RB in the academy that runs a lot and can't cross.

It's not a bad squad, just lacks some creativity against a low block like Drita, with 3 players missing in the starting XI and Til not in form. I'd sell Kokcu at any fee. He's the weakest link when they get an okay CF.

CF
Sinisterra Til Jahanbakhsh
Kokcu Toornstra
Malacia Senesi Trauner Geertruida
Bijlow

They had a 16 year old in the preseason named, Milambo. Remember the name, kid looked great. and some lad named Hartjes looked okay as well.

I can’t see AZ holding out much longer on Koopmeiners and Wijdnal interest from too many clubs. Hopefully generating a decent fee. My worry is covid will mean sub €20-25 m prices for both.
They're both incredibly overrated. Wijndal is pretty shit. Look at it this way: Raiola managed to "convince" Nice to get Rosario, but not him.

I'm not sure if Koopmeiners can adjust to a high tempo, looked way off the pace in the U21 Euro, but with him I can see the charm.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
They're both incredibly overrated. Wijndal is pretty shit. Look at it this way: Raiola managed to "convince" Nice to get Rosario, but not him.

I'm not sure if Koopmeiners can adjust to a high tempo, looked way off the pace in the U21 Euro, but with him I can see the charm.
Wijndal has a lot of developing to do granted but Koopmeiners is one of the best CMs I’ve seen in the league for a very long time.

He’d be outstanding in Italy IMO. And certainly has the engine to play at a higher tempo just needs a bit of conditioning.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wijndal has a lot of developing to do granted but Koopmeiners is one of the best CMs I’ve seen in the league for a very long time.

He’d be outstanding in Italy IMO. And certainly has the engine to play at a higher tempo just needs a bit of conditioning.
I've rarely seen Koopmeiners work his way out trouble with good close control or start a brilliant dribble.

It's one thing to wait 5 seconds to receive the ball, take your time to turn around and then take 5 seconds to pick a pass in the Eredivsie, but the Bundesliga and PL are on a another level when it comes to pressing. He was poor in the faster paced u21 euros.

The list of midfielders with a good striking technique and a bunch of set piece goals that failed abroad is long.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do or die tonight for Feyenoord at home against FC fecking Drita. Surely we can beat these peasants at home.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Do or die tonight for Feyenoord at home against FC fecking Drita. Surely we can beat these peasants at home.
1-2 behind at the end of the first half. The mighty Drita showing you how it's done? (Scorebordjournalistiek at its finest; I have no idea how the match is going.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
1-2 behind at the end of the first half. The mighty Drita showing you how it's done? (Scorebordjournalistiek at its finest; I have no idea how the match is going.)
I'm going to Canadian Brabant and fight you:mad:

Re the match, it's not pretty. Drita kicked the ball over the half way line twice and Leroy Fer actively helped convert both into goals.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'm going to Canadian Brabant and fight you:mad:

Re the match, it's not pretty. Drita kicked the ball over the half way line twice and Leroy Fer actively helped convert both into goals.
Sounds like you should be scoring some goals then. Full half left still!

If you're at our home though, can you let me know if the contractor installed the leaf guards correctly on our gutters? They came over during our absence and I'm curious. Thanks!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sounds like you should be scoring some goals then. Full half left still!

If you're at our home though, can you let me know if the contractor installed the leaf guards correctly on our gutters? They came over during our absence and I'm curious. Thanks!
Look at you being able to afford a contractor.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Curse you and your rapier wit.
Learned a new expression today!

In the meantime, 2-2. Has the away rule already been scrapped or is this still in Drita's advantage?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
3-2 in the 90th minute, hattrick Til. Who needs Berghuis!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Christ my poor heart :lol: I have not celebrated goals this loudly in a while. In the 27th qualifying round for the uefa pubteam Cup against FC Drita.

Christ I hate/love Feyenoord.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Great start for Guus Til, already a legend!

Damn it Kokcu was bad huh..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Harsh on Fer to only name Kokcu. I'm half convinced Fer put money on Drita.
True obviously indeed, but I expected more from Kokcu.. I was quite enthousiastic about him when he first came around, but has been underwhelming even since..

Multatuli

Supports
Az

You are a real typicall Feyenoord fanboy :D. I can feel your frustration.
Over and over I read posts by Feyenoord fans, telling us how bad AZ players are and how good Feyenoord players are. And still AZ beats Feyenoord.

Feyenoord bought 2 ex AZ players and those are instantly the best players Feyenoord has. Without Those 2, Feyenoord would have been out of European football this year. That says it all. If Arnesen/Slot could buy Koopmeiners and Wijndal they would buy them without a blink of an eye.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Over and over I read posts by Feyenoord fans, telling us how bad AZ players are and how good Feyenoord players are. And still AZ beats Feyenoord.

Feyenoord bought 2 ex AZ players and those are instantly the best players Feyenoord has. Without Those 2, Feyenoord would have been out of European football this year. That says it all. If Arnesen/Slot could buy Koopmeiners and Wijndal they would buy them without a blink of an eye.
Dude I dont think VanDeBank mentioned anything about Feyenoord, let alone suggesting Koopmeiners and Wijndal are nót good enough for Feyenoord.. Looks more like you are desperately looking for a hook to place AZ over Feyenoord..

Wijndal is a good prospect but still very raw if you ask me..
Koopmeiners is a very good player but its still the question if he could offer the same contribution in build up in leagues where he gets less time and space (handelingssnelheid is not his strongest point, a bit like Schone). But he is still young and hardly challenged at a higher level, so he has everything to prove, but he could also still show he can adapt quickly and develop into a very good player in top leagues.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

I don't think that's my frustration you're feeling there, bud :)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don't know what AZ have with France, but that's the third of their players going there now. After Stengs going to Nice and Bizot to Brest, Boadu is now going to Monaco.

I'm most surprised about Bizot actually. He's a good goalkeeper and Brest only finished 17th in Ligue 1 last year. You'd say that's a step down from AZ. But maybe he's trying to get some international attention. Also, AZ will have a tough fight on its hands next year finishing high up in the league again, with so many of its key players departing. Jansen will have to work wonders!

What the hell are you on about; she isn't even a Feyenoord fan! :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't know what AZ have with France, but that's the third of their players going there now. After Stengs going to Nice and Bizot to Brest, Boadu is now going to Monaco.

I'm most surprised about Bizot actually. He's a good goalkeeper and Brest only finished 17th in Ligue 1 last year. You'd say that's a step down from AZ. But maybe he's trying to get some international attention. Also, AZ will have a tough fight on its hands next year finishing high up in the league again, with so many of its key players departing. Jansen will have to work wonders!
It's just the current food chain I think: the top four leagues buy out Ligue 1 clubs, leaving them with, relatively speaking, a lot of money and holes in their squad and they then turn to tier two (as in the ones who aren't playing CL with Ajax or standing out to the degree of Malen) Eredivisie players and offer them to play in Europe's biggest shopping window.
Brest for example sold two players for €12m each to Southampton in the last two years.

It's also worth noting that Raiola represents most of these players and that he now has four clients at Nice.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's just the current food chain I think: the top four leagues buy out Ligue 1 clubs, leaving them with, relatively speaking, a lot of money and holes in their squad and they then turn to tier two (as in the ones who aren't playing CL with Ajax or standing out to the degree of Malen) Eredivisie players and offer them to play in Europe's biggest shopping window.
Brest for example sold two players for €12m each to Southampton in the last two years.

It's also worth noting that Raiola represents most of these players and that he now has four clients at Nice.
Yeah I know. But Dutch players used to move to France very rarely; and now you've got a cohort joining Nice (well, Rosario isn't Dutch but also from the Eredivisie), and three players from a single club going there. As much as it's logical, it is a new development.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yeah I know. But Dutch players used to move to France very rarely; and now you've got a cohort joining Nice (well, Rosario isn't Dutch but also from the Eredivisie), and three players from a single club going there. As much as it's logical, it is a new development.
Rosario is Dutch

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

You have? When? And where? :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Bazoer is in the line up for Vitesse against Dundalk. Will be interesting to see where they stand now that Broja is back at Chelsea, Pasveer went to Ajax, and Tannane gained 20lbs over the summer.

Also, AZ will have a tough fight on its hands next year finishing high up in the league again, with so many of its key players departing. Jansen will have to work wonders!
The thing with AZ is, you always expect them to take a sabbatical after a window like this, but no, they always have a bunch of kids lined up that start firing immediately.

Boadu (and Koopmeiners) were very important last year, but some of their others players don't get the credits they deserve, Midtsjo and Karlsson in particular. Probably because they're not Dutch.

I highly doubt Nice would've gone for Rosario if he wasn't somehow involved with Raiola and the other deals. This is the man that got Van der Wiel to PSG following Zlatan's transfer.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Vitesse was shit. Wittek and Doekhi are their only good players. Bazoer oozed class. I don't see them making playoffs, unless Chelsea sends them some talent.

Feyenoord seems solid enough at the back. They just need to replace Kokcu, Toornstra and Fer with training cones to save a million in wages. I can't imagine Slot not introducing some academy players in midfield as the season progresses.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Guus Til is quickly becoming my hero.
He is a lovely cheerful guy as well, listened to a podcast he was in.. Not much to dislike.

Great call by Slot to drop Leroy Fer. Kokcu Toornsta Til Sinisterra Linssen Jahanbaksh upfront is quite ok, especially if you can replace Linssen with an actual #9.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He is a lovely cheerful guy as well, listened to a podcast he was in.. Not much to dislike.

Great call by Slot to drop Leroy Fer. Kokcu Toornsta Til Sinisterra Linssen Jahanbaksh upfront is quite ok, especially if you can replace Linssen with an actual #9.
It really boggles the mind that they're not looking to extend with Haps and sell Malacia to Brugge. They've offered €6M.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It really boggles the mind that they're not looking to extend with Haps and sell Malacia to Brugge. They've offered €6M.
Though 6 million would be well received, I really like Malacia and want him to stay honestly.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Tend to agree with KirkDuyt here on Malacia.. Haps will run out of contract next year and is also a bit older.. Malacia is a youthproduct and there is still room for him to grow.. If he develops its not unlikely for him to get a national cap this year which will only increase his value. He also just renewed his contract.. Moreover Haps has proven to be quite prone to injury..

The thing that boggles the mind is that Feyenoord actually managed to buy Jahanbaksh..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't think Feyenoord are in a position to be sentimental or greedy. The money can get them a good CF and an improved contract for Haps. There's also the possibility of Malacia losing the hype and his value plummeting. Remember they declined Newcastle's €15m for Jorgensen :lol:

Both Ajax and PSV with their strongest line ups tonight!

Haller
Tadic Klaassen Berghuis
Blind Gravenberch
Tagliafico Martinez Timber Mazraoui
Pasveer

Zahavi
Gakpo Gotze Madueke
Van Ginkel Sangare
Max Boscagli Ramalho Mwene
Drommel​

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This Madueke guy is literally unstoppable, two goals against Ajax now. He is the next English star, as talented as any of the other young English forwards in my book. Unreal.