Eredivisie 2022/23

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
The title has to be ours. I'm a lot more relaxed this year than I was in 16/17. Great coach, great squad (except for the wingers). Seems like Feyenoord is taking the next step and will be fighting for titles regularly.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The title has to be ours. I'm a lot more relaxed this year than I was in 16/17. Great coach, great squad (except for the wingers). Seems like Feyenoord is taking the next step and will be fighting for titles regularly.
Even Alireza and Idrissi are getting better lately. Involved in the 0-1 and the 2-2 as well yesterday. Also still extremely frustrating to watch, mind. Yesterday was also Slot's day again though. Not often I've seen a coach outmanouevre the opponent this well in the second half. It was like there were different teams out there the 2nd half.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Even Alireza and Idrissi are getting better lately. Involved in the 0-1 and the 2-2 as well yesterday. Also still extremely frustrating to watch, mind. Yesterday was also Slot's day again though. Not often I've seen a coach outmanouevre the opponent this well in the second half. It was like there were different teams out there the 2nd half.
That's true about Alireza and Idrissi. It was also definitely a Slot masterclass, but I also like our overall quality. If you look at Bassey and compare him to Hancko or compare Taylor to Kökcu. Wijndal/lopez, sanchez/Geertruida. It genuinely seems like Feyenoord have a better quality side at the moment than Ajax who've made some absolute howlers with all their money.

Love the direction Feyenoord are taking. Hopefully these years under Slot serve as a blueprint for what this club is about and how we should continue.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That's true about Alireza and Idrissi. It was also definitely a Slot masterclass, but I also like our overall quality. If you look at Bassey and compare him to Hancko or compare Taylor to Kökcu. Wijndal/lopez, sanchez/Geertruida. It genuinely seems like Feyenoord have a better quality side at the moment than Ajax who've made some absolute howlers with all their money.

Love the direction Feyenoord are taking. Hopefully these years under Slot serve as a blueprint for what this club is about and how we should continue.
I almost felt bad for Bassey yeesterday. He is one of the worst Ajax defenders I've seen in my life (Maybe Magallan is close). And for 23 million. If Ajax miss out on CL football they might go in a bit of a slump as they invested a huge amount (for Dutch standards) and all these signings have plummeted in worth. On the other hand I suppose Kudus and Alvarez will make them a ton of money.

Player for player we haven't been this close (maybe even edging them) squad wise in quite some time. It wasn't even necessarily a win on workmanship either, we were simply better at football. God, what a time to be alive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I told you all; no Blind no party for Ajax.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I thought he was done, so chuffed for him.

Hope you lot win the title this year, more likable than ajax currently.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I thought he was done, so chuffed for him.

Hope you lot win the title this year, more likable than ajax currently.
Yeah, I like him a lot, even though he's hardly been amazing for us. Works very hard and comes across as a humble dude.

We always have a more likable squad than Ajax. Though they closed the gap a bit when they sold Antony :wenger:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, I like him a lot, even though he's hardly been amazing for us. Works very hard and comes across as a humble dude.

We always have a more likable squad than Ajax. Though they closed the gap a bit when they sold Antony :wenger:
Ah the insolence but I let it pass this time :D

And pretty much yeah even he's not been world class lately he's gone from being pretty much nonexistent on the field to a semi regular starter for a potentially title winning sides that's doing pretty well in Europe, great change of fortunes one must say and I'd say he deserves it.

Anyway I was pretty impressed with what I saw in your match against ajax, you simply outplayed them in the second half , rare to see it done to them on their home turf.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Well, Ajax looks set on losing their technical director. Still haven’t replaced Overmars, wonder how long it’s gonna take to replace Hamstra.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Now that Ward has been taken out of consideration, any news in the Dutch media as to where Ajax look now?

edit: Mike Verweij says Mislintat… I actually really like that choice. Hoping VdS doesn’t feck it up again though.

Man-United

Title race probably done if Feyenoord beat Sparta after the draw for Ajax today.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Title race probably done if Feyenoord beat Sparta after the draw for Ajax today.
Trust me, Feyenoord will lose to Sparta today, So Ajax supporters will get even madder at the total CF that was today.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Feyenoord will be the well-deserved champions this year.. I really hope they can convince Arne Slot to stay another year and see what he can do in the Champions League...

Unbelievable how far Ajax has fallen in such a short time.. How Ajax have not appointed Peter Bosz so far is absolutely beyond me.. If its really VDS his ego that prevents that he should be fired on the spot.

SAFMUTD

That Feyenoord striker Gimenez looks better than Brobbey. Not sure how old is he but one to watch.

ti vu

Now it's only about the CL and ELC qualification spots.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feyenoord will be the well-deserved champions this year.. I really hope they can convince Arne Slot to stay another year and see what he can do in the Champions League...

Unbelievable how far Ajax has fallen in such a short time.. How Ajax have not appointed Peter Bosz so far is absolutely beyond me.. If its really VDS his ego that prevents that he should be fired on the spot.
I think if we manage to beat Roma we'll lose Slot and probably Gimenez if he keeps scoring every week.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I think if we manage to beat Roma we'll lose Slot and probably Gimenez if he keeps scoring every week.
I think it will all depend on the clubs which will show interest.. The prospect of playing Champions League season will be very appealing!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think it will all depend on the clubs which will show interest.. The prospect of playing Champions League season will be very appealing!
I think Benfica already showed interest and with their track record they're rather appealling for a striker. I really hopes he sticks with us for another year though.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I think Benfica already showed interest and with their track record they're rather appealling for a striker. I really hopes he sticks with us for another year though.
If Benfica comes for Giminez I think he will be gone for sure, but the prospect of a year of Champions League with Feyenoord may prevent him from being tempted by midtable teams in Spain or England or something..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
PSV playing an amateur team in the cup semi final. Would be hilarious if they somehow lose.

90 + 5min

I like watching Feyenord at home against good teams. Always great atmosphere.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is more like Feyenoord in de klassieker. Comical goal to concede.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Match suspended after Klaassen was hit in the head with a lighter thrown on his head from the stands. Sigh.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bizarre that Ajax agreed to finish the match. Klaassen even head to be subbed due to his head injury after the restart.

0-3 default to Ajax would've been completely justified. We have a few shite fans who keep ruining our name.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Bizarre that Ajax agreed to finish the match. Klaassen even head to be subbed due to his head injury after the restart.

0-3 default to Ajax would've been completely justified. We have a few shite fans who keep ruining our name.
I don't get what they think they'll achieve by doing that. It fecks over the club they claim to support and does no real damage to Ajax. Plus they'll get a loooong stadium ban if they're identified.

But I suppose if you're drunk and trying to impress your friends, that sort of stuff is just boring loser talk.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam

I thought it was so weird to say that the majority of the stadium kept booing and whistling against Ajax/Klaassen even after they came back on the pitch.. They should have stayed out 100%.

Such a stain on such a great season for Feyenoord.. Unbelievable some of those people on the stands.. I hope they dont only punish the guy who threw the lighter which hit Klaassen, but éveryone else in the same extent who threw stuff on this pitch.. And we should continue to do so for every game for every object thrown to every pitch until no one dares to anymore..